Spring Break dates for 2010 - Please post your dates.

mrstay

Since I homeschool I do not have a clue about dates. I know that last year here in Houston the schools seemed to be on spring break all on different weeks. If everyone could post their spring break dates here, that would be helpful. Since I do homeschool, I hate to travel when kids are out. Things are too packed.

I did do a search, but did not find a thread. If there is one, I am sorry.

We are in Northwest New Jersey and we are off from Good Friday (April 2) through the end of the following week. So we're off the entire week of April 5th.

But as a comparison, the town just 1 over from us is off the week of March 29th.

Since I homeschool I do not have a clue about dates. I know that last year here in Houston the schools seemed to be on spring break all on different weeks. If everyone could post their spring break dates here, that would be helpful. Since I do homeschool, I hate to travel when kids are out. Things are too packed.

If you are thinking of sailing out of Galveston for Spring break on the Voyager I would suggest you pick the weeks that have the lower prices. Spring Break Weeks, like Christmas and New Years and summer have the highest prices. So if the price for 2 of the weeks in March are higher then the other weeks you can probably figure that is when the kids will be on break.

I live in the Dallas/Ft.Worth suburbs and our school district has spring break the week of March 15-19, 2010

Colleen

Good idea, we have no kids in school anymore, so it would be helpful each year, to know when to avoid a short cruise.....

Our dates could be totally different in Canada too?

Not sure if you are looking for colleges, but my son goes to University of Pittsburgh and spring break is March 8-12, 2010.

I am actually interested in all schools - public to college. Thanks.

If you google "springbreak calendar", there are sites that will list all the colleges by date & enrollment. It will give you an idea of how many will be off by month & week....:)

I did that, but I am actually looking for public schools also (elem., J high and S high).

If you are thinking of sailing out of Galveston for Spring break on the Voyager I would suggest you pick the weeks that have the lower prices. Spring Break Weeks, like Christmas and New Years and summer have the highest prices. So if the price for 2 of the weeks in March are higher then the other weeks you can probably figure that is when the kids will be on break.

I live in the Dallas/Ft.Worth suburbs and our school district has spring break the week of March 15-19, 2010

Colleen

There is only one week listed with higher prices and it is the March 14 sailing. We are booked on the March 7 sailing. We would like to not travel with a ship full of kids. Since this year it seems that the spring break varies greatly it could be that our week is going to be busier. I will wait to see once we get more dates in.

If you google "springbreak calendar", there are sites that will list all the colleges by date & enrollment. It will give you an idea of how many will be off by month & week....:)

It looks like almost 1.3 million college students will be on spring break March 8 - 12 when I'll be taking my first cruise. :eek:

It looks like almost 1.3 million college students will be on spring break March 8 - 12 when I'll be taking my first cruise. :eek:

I wouldn't worry about cruising during college spring break too much. Most college aged kids don't cruise, they can't afford the alcohol. Most go to all-inclusive resorts where everything is included in one price.

My kids (Fairfax County VA) are off 3/29-4/2 but the Catholic Schools around here are off 4/1-4/9.

There is only one week listed with higher prices and it is the March 14 sailing. We are booked on the March 7 sailing. We would like to not travel with a ship full of kids. Since this year it seems that the spring break varies greatly it could be that our week is going to be busier. I will wait to see once we get more dates in.

There is no National Spring Break week. Spring Break can go from mid-February through late April, depending on where you live. This is why I never book a cruise during these dates!

Hubby and I took our first cruise last year the last week in April since we figured spring breaks would be over and college grads would not have started. Very few kids on board.

Guest maddycat

What a great thread. It looks like everyone will be back in school when we cruise at the end of April. I'm so relieved. I really don't enjoy cruising with a ship full of kids.

Archived