Travel guard insurance

rubydo

Yes.... we have used them before.... never had to make a claim.

We've recently changed to a yearly travel medical policy with them... it's a very good deal, as we travel a lot.

When we were looking, it seemes like the best deal around.

I've used travel guard in the past. Never had a claim but from what I found out they're a good company. They will be cheaper than your cruise lines insurance. What ever you decide please buy trip insurance. If you get hurt or need medical help of any kind it's expensive. For around a hundred dollar you'll have some piece of mind.Cheers

We have used TravelGuard and we have had two claims. We were pleased with how they were handled.

With any trip insurance, you do have to gather the proper paperwork from doctors, hospitals, etc. (in our case; illness of relative) to prove that there was a covered reason for cancelling, but our claims were approved after the affadavits, etc., were sent in. It was relatively easy.

I live in a base of operations for them and have heard wonderful things, know many people that work for them and a couple of years ago would have used them. That being said they are now owned by AIG and therefore I would not consider them to be a safe bet anylonger.

Insuremytrip.com is not an insurance company.

It's funny you would get all these glowing reviews and then one poster incorrectly tells you that Travel Guard is "now owned by AIG" and you decide TG can't possibly be a good choice. AIG is the parent company of TG, but TG has its own separate assets. Insurance is highly regulated. TG is fine.

This is your choice, but you should be aware that AIG problems have absolutely nothing to do with Travel Guard.

I am in the process of working with Travel Guard on a claim I filed. I missed a step in St. Thomas and cracked a bone in my wrist and caused damage to my fingers and hand when I landed on my open palm.

I've been going through OT, MD appts., etc.

Everyone at Travel Guard has been wonderful. Hopefully it will continue that way, since my own insurance is about to stop my OT, so I'll need Travel Guard to pick it up.

I bought their insurance for an upcoming trip. They were recommended to me by a travel agent friend in the US. I booked through the Canadian website and they give you a quote and two other comparisons.

Insuremytrip.com is not an insurance company.

It's funny you would get all these glowing reviews and then one poster incorrectly tells you that Travel Guard is "now owned by AIG" and you decide TG can't possibly be a good choice. AIG is the parent company of TG, but TG has its own separate assets. Insurance is highly regulated. TG is fine.

This is your choice, but you should be aware that AIG problems have absolutely nothing to do with Travel Guard.

Thank you for your post clarifying this, 6rugrats. In my experience Travel Guard has been nothing but excellent for the past 15 years. I personally have filed a smooth claim, and as a former TA I issued many many policies for my clients throughout the years. Those who found themselves needing to file a claim were very grateful and thankful for the excellent coverage and service offered by Travel Guard. TG's Protect Assist Gold policy (particularly when adding the reasonable charge for the optional Medical Coverage Upgrade) is a great policy for many travelers. rubydo, feel free to call TG at (800) 826-1300.

I do want to correct some who said they are not the cheapest.

For the coverage you get they beat the cheap competition. You have to watch the very cheap insurance coverage because it probably does not give you decent coverage or things like pre-existing medical waiver. We have always used them, well worth the peace of mind. But like many others hope we never have to make a claim.

We use TG all the time for cruise and land vacations. Have used them to reimburse some med bills at the ship's medical facility with absolutely NO concerns. just make sure you save every piece of paper, doctor's notes, reciepts etc re any medical out of pocket costs. Makes the claim a cinch to do. Do this for any company you use.

For the coverage you get they beat the cheap competition. You have to watch the very cheap insurance coverage because it probably does not give you decent coverage or things like pre-existing medical waiver. We have always used them, well worth the peace of mind. But like many others hope we never have to make a claim.

I agree-which is why we choose Travelguard.

We use TG all the time for cruise and land vacations. Have used them to reimburse some med bills at the ship's medical facility with absolutely NO concerns. just make sure you save every piece of paper, doctor's notes, reciepts etc re any medical out of pocket costs. Makes the claim a cinch to do. Do this for any company you use.

It isn't merely documentation of your medical bills/issues that you should keep. When we filed a small injury claim with Travel Guard, we were expected also to produce "Proof of Trip Payment and Travel Dates: A paid invoice showing the dates and amounts of all payments and lists the travel dates."

So, yes, it's important to keep everything from the deposit thru final payment of all covered travel arrangements.

I haven't used them, but they seem to be getting glowing reviews. In addition to what you said about coverage, folks here are raving about the cooperation and customer service they give. Man, that's worth WAY more than a few bucks in my opinion.

Thanks everyone, besides the OP you helped me too!

Archived