Any idea when Aer Lingus opens up Summer bookings

Fauna

I am looking for air fare from New York to Barcelona July5-18th for a cruise and am not happy with my choices at the moment.

Last europe trip we booked through Aer Lingus and I remember the price and service met our needs. Checking their webisite it looks like they have not opened the dates. Anyone have a guess as when this would happen. Also, should I jump in at the begining or wait awhile.

I have Aer Lingus flights July 1 (Bos-Venice) and July 18 (Barcelona-Bos) and I already have my seats. Nothing showed when I went through airline. But I booked through travelocity (still got FF points on JetBlue) and booked flights and got prices that way.

Keep a wary eye on Aer Lingus. A good airline with great fares, unfortunately with a very sick balance sheet. The financial press has covered them quite a bit recently. No reason to panic, just proceed with caution.

Checking their webisite it looks like they have not opened the dates.
Booking is already open for your dates, but the Aer Lingus website is not offering your journey as a through itinerary. The airline has had various changes of tack over the past couple of years about whether and when they will offer a connecting itinerary as a through journey, and when they will require you to book the two parts of it separately (with all the disadvantages and risks that come with that).

If you book with a travel agent (including the big ones like Travelocity), you have to be aware that you may be being booked on an itinerary that will be ticketed as two separate tickets, so that you are no better off as far as those disadvantages and risks are concerned.

Wow, thanks for your insights and prompt responses. Think I might be looking elsewhere.

Any thoughts about which US carrier has better leg room/service in coach class? I am traveling with a couple of 6 ft men and don't want them grumpy at the start of vacation.

I am looking to book with Aer Lingus as well.:) Seems there are problems

with lots of companies these days. I have heard very good things and

when the timeframe for what I need opens up I will still look at them:)

Wow, thanks for your insights and prompt responses. Think I might be looking elsewhere.

Any thoughts about which US carrier has better leg room/service in coach class? I am traveling with a couple of 6 ft men and don't want them grumpy at the start of vacation.

They are all bad. I would suggest UA and buying up to Economy Plus for the five extra inches of legroom, but they don't fly this route, and you'd be stuck on LH, which IMO, you should avoid in coach unless you enjoy being a sardine.

First, pretty much any airline flying into Dublin is going to have fares similar to Aer Lingus' - it's the competitiveness of that marketplace.

However, for your dates I'm seeing Delta, Air France (codeshare on Delta metal) and Continental all having cheaper fares than Aer Lingus from NYC to Dublin, all around the $880 - $925 mark. Then separate tickets from Dublin to Barcelona are running around $220 - $250 on top of that, all with an intermediate stop, except Aer Lingus' nonstop which is currently pricing at... $2700.

So ignoring that pricing booboo by EI (Aer Lingus' code) you're looking at $1100 - $1200 all in to Barcelona and back, with a lot of time eaten up transferring into and out of DUB.

That's compared to $1004 for the JFK-BCN nonstop on American (if flown using the Iberia code) or $1057 on the AA code. Delta's nonstop is a couple hundred more.

Sure, prices might come down on DUB. Or they might not. What's your tolerance for uncertainty? How much would then need to come down before you thought it was a good price?

As for legroom, nobody has much in coach. Go to http://www.seatguru.com if you want a quick snapshot of seat stats.

First, pretty much any airline flying into Dublin is going to have fares similar to Aer Lingus' - it's the competitiveness of that marketplace.

However, for your dates I'm seeing Delta, Air France (codeshare on Delta metal) and Continental all having cheaper fares than Aer Lingus from NYC to Dublin, all around the $880 - $925 mark. Then separate tickets from Dublin to Barcelona are running around $220 - $250 on top of that, all with an intermediate stop, except Aer Lingus' nonstop which is currently pricing at... $2700.

So ignoring that pricing booboo by EI (Aer Lingus' code) you're looking at $1100 - $1200 all in to Barcelona and back, with a lot of time eaten up transferring into and out of DUB.

That's compared to $1004 for the JFK-BCN nonstop on American (if flown using the Iberia code) or $1057 on the AA code. Delta's nonstop is a couple hundred more.

Sure, prices might come down on DUB. Or they might not. What's your tolerance for uncertainty? How much would then need to come down before you thought it was a good price?

As for legroom, nobody has much in coach. Go to www.seatguru.com if you want a quick snapshot of seat stats.

Those same seats on Aer Lingus with travelocity or orbitz are probably 2/3 of that price.

Those same seats on Aer Lingus with travelocity or orbitz are probably 2/3 of that price.

I am not seeing this. I find the Air Europa flights on Orbitz are the least expensive at $805.80. Same price on this airline's webpage. Aer Lingus flights listed on Orbitz for these dates and cities total $1126 PP RT.

Archived