Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

If your birthday is in October and it's not October 1 or October 2, you will get your first check in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't retire until January so I can't get it til then. I was talking about when you get paid during the month. It goes something like this. If you were born Jan. Thru March you get the check in the first week of the month. If you were born April to August you get paid the second week of the month. If you were born Sept. Thru Dec. You get paid the third week of the month. Those aren't exact dates but it was similar to this.

Deb

I don't retire until January so I can't get it til then. I was talking about when you get paid during the month. It goes something like this. If you were born Jan. Thru March you get the check in the first week of the month. If you were born April to August you get paid the second week of the month. If you were born Sept. Thru Dec. You get paid the third week of the month. Those aren't exact dates but it was similar to this.

Deb

Ohh. I retired my birthday month, July. Get mine on second Wednesday so that timeline for week is correct.

Ohh. I retired my birthday month, July. Get mine on second Wednesday so that timeline for week is correct.

That's good to know. I had read about it and thought "weird way to do that".

Also counting down to cruise...7 weeks!! I need a break before Thanksgiving...lol;)

Deb

This is our first trip to Paris. We will be gone 25 days in all.

Sounds great. I don't have to tell you to check out all the things you might want to see. But check out Versailles and Monet's Gardens for day trips besides everything else in Paris. I've been there twice so 2 things I had problems with. Probably just me...as in duh!!...both times I used the universal plugs wrong and blew them out...no curling or flat irons worked after that...the pictures were the proof..LOL. Another thing I found were the hotel rooms were relatively small (just a bit bigger than a ship's cabin) which wasn't a problem. Just air conditioning wasn't what I was used to in U. S.....Just a bit warm but it should be cooler when you go so that shouldn't be a problem as I went in hotter months, as in June and July. Ok, so I am totally jealous, but have a great time!!!:)

Deb

Momzcrusing, I just had to reply back to one of the statements you made. I understand all of them, especially where you said the community is not like it used to be. When you said you wanted to be in an area where they SPEAK the SAME language as you, I say YES you are so right. :)

I will probably be criticized for what I am going to say, but my father came to the USA/America years ago from Germany. He became a citizen, and learned to speak the ENGLISH language. :) Now if I was going to another country, and was going to be there a while, I would LEARN to speak some of their language.

Still lurking, been so busy, but not busy enough to say.....

only 17 more Hump Days to go!! Whoot Whoot:D

Karen, have fun planning for that Paris/France trip. Went there many moons ago, what a wonderful city!

I won't be getting SS anytime soon due to age. Will start looking at those options e.g. early vs later in a couple more years.

Have a great rest of the week!!

Beshears.....Louisiana!!!...snow once every 10 years or so. 3 ports..New Orleans (which we love), Galveston which we like a lot, and Houston, which we will find out how we like it in November. You were close!!!;)

Deb

Edited by zlacruising

100 days left until retirement... and then off in 2 weeks to a world cruise.

You need to join in with our humpday countdowns. A world cruise sounds awesome. I'm going on a 10 day cruise when I retire and I thought that was cool...lol. How long will your cruise last???

Deb

Whoot Hootttt

I use the rest of my vacation days tomorrow, friday, monday, tuesday and return to work my 10 day notice October 1 to 14, to begin my retirement wednesday Oct 15.

soo

officially, TWO more Hump Days for ME!!!!

kathy

happy dancing

Kathy, congrats! So close you can taste it!

12 more years!! I'm counting down the days!:mad::D

Azmike480

Dude, it will go by in a flash;). Its never to early to start counting it down:)