Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

Countdown is over!!! Partying is over!! Retired!! Sleeping late!!!

Deb

Woohoo!! Many congrats too you! Its been a blast sharing the road to this day with you, and now its here. Enjoy your moment Karen, you deserve it!

I will be in the office for a lil bit on Tuesday morning; turn in last timesheet, keys, keycard, laptop, etc.; and then I'm outta there. Its timely the 1st day of pre-session budget hearings start that day and I won't be there. Life is good!

Woohoo!! Many congrats too you! Its been a blast sharing the road to this day with you, and now its here. Enjoy your moment Karen, you deserve it!

I will be in the office for a lil bit on Tuesday morning; turn in last timesheet, keys, keycard, laptop, etc.; and then I'm outta there. Its timely the 1st day of pre-session budget hearings start that day and I won't be there. Life is good!

Yes it has been fun!!! Now it is your turn!!! No one wanted my key when I tried to turn it in. It was sort of funny. Had a nice send off and so glad retirement is here!!

So...... 180 minutes left???

Deb

DH retires at the end of the school year after 5 years of teaching. He started counting the days the first day of the school year.

I am retiring this year after 35 years of teaching. I am counting the class periods!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it has been fun!!! Now it is your turn!!! No one wanted my key when I tried to turn it in. It was sort of funny. Had a nice send off and so glad retirement is here!!

So...... 180 minutes left???

Deb

Oh, boy, tomorrow is it!! Technically, 330 minutes left (5.5 hrs), but I doubt I'll be there that long. Go in at 7, finish up a couple of things, watch the first budget hearing which starts at 9am, say some goodbyes, then probably leave early before 12:30. What are they going to do, fire me???;)

One last lunch on Wednesday with the Governor's budget staff, they couldn't make my luncheon back on the 6th as they were putting the finishing touches on the 2015-17 Gov Rec budget at the time. They're a good bunch of people:cool:, but not near as good as my staff :p:D

Oh, boy, tomorrow is it!! Technically, 330 minutes left (5.5 hrs), but I doubt I'll be there that long. Go in at 7, finish up a couple of things, watch the first budget hearing which starts at 9am, say some goodbyes, then probably leave early before 12:30. What are they going to do, fire me???;)

One last lunch on Wednesday with the Governor's budget staff, they couldn't make my luncheon back on the 6th as they were putting the finishing touches on the 2015-17 Gov Rec budget at the time. They're a good bunch of people:cool:, but not near as good as my staff :p:D

So happy for you!!:):) Congrats and enjoy!!! We all deserve to retire.....as I sit in bed and drink my coffee at 9:00 in the morning...life is good!!

Deb

Well, its official, left the office about 12:15 today for the last time. Oh, what a wonderful feeling! Enjoyed a nice lunch today with DW who also retired today, took our daughter to a doctor appt, then came home and hoisted an icy martini to celebrate. Getting ready to call it a nite, doubled check the alarm clock to make sure it is in the OFF position:D

Well, its official, left the office about 12:15 today for the last time. Oh, what a wonderful feeling! Enjoyed a nice lunch today with DW who also retired today, took our daughter to a doctor appt, then came home and hoisted an icy martini to celebrate. Getting ready to call it a nite, doubled check the alarm clock to make sure it is in the OFF position:D

Woohoo. You made it. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea!!!!!!! We did it!!!!!

Deb

Good morning all, its a beautiful first day of retirement. Thanks Karen and Deb for the congrats. Yes, we all did it. Time to enjoy our respective rewards.

WOW, so far so good, except it looks like the hard drive on our desktop is failing. We have two backup drives, so will make sure everything is good to go and then take it down to the computer store for diagnosis. Its 5 yrs old, so on the cusp of either replacing just the hard drive or just buy a whole new rig. What timing, eh:confused::o

Meeting some folks for lunch today, take the truck in for oil and a door lock repair tomorrow, auto show in Reno on Friday. Wow, where did I find time to do this stuff when I was working:confused::rolleyes:;)

I retired almost 10 years ago and never looked back.

We have taken 56 trips. Of that many cruises.

Enjoy

That's great! We're hoping we can do a whole lot more traveling between cruises and taking our RV on the road.

I am retiring this year after 35 years of teaching. I am counting the class periods!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another short timer, enjoy the countdown! We sure did, and glad to have it all behind us. Onwards we go!!!

It's getting closer...

19 more shifts for me (after 30+ years in law enforcement) and 24 shifts for DH (after 36 years with the school district). We both turned our paperwork in last week.

Wow that is awesome!!! I was a teacher so I know how he feels!! Keep us updated!:):)

Deb