Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

Hey Debbie we finally made Diamond with this cruise.

Yay...free happy hour drinks!!! That was my favorite part....lol. If you do go to the lounge where it is offered, you can drink as much as you want to, but you can not leave the area with a drink. There are peeps that stop you at the door when you are leaving, unless they have stopped that since I have cruised with them.

Deb

You no longer have to go to the Diamond lounge. We are Diamond. On our last 2 RCI (Oct and March) cruises three free drinks each were loaded onto our key cards.

We were allowed three drinks each, between 5 and 8, at any bar on the ship. Not valid in the restaurants. The drinks are not cumulative! The bars have a menu for Diamond club drinks...not all drinks are free.

I am feeling frustrated in that I am looking for a button marked `new thread` but cannot see it. Is it just me, and I need new glasses or is there no obvious way to start a new thread? I have searched the question/answer section but still cannot come up with an answer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

You no longer have to go to the Diamond lounge. We are Diamond. On our last 2 RCI (Oct and March) cruises three free drinks each were loaded onto our key cards.

We were allowed three drinks each, between 5 and 8, at any bar on the ship. Not valid in the restaurants. The drinks are not cumulative! The bars have a menu for Diamond club drinks...not all drinks are free.

Thanks...that is good to know. I have been sailing on NCL recently. I really like both cruiselines, but NCL is a bit more relaxing.

Deb

Last hump day for me!!! Awake, too excited to sleep, 14 hr and 30 min to go. And best of all, a 21 day cruise coming up.

Woohoo, congrats to you!! Was only 3 months ago was experiencing the same thing. Enjoy your last work day!

I am feeling frustrated in that I am looking for a button marked `new thread` but cannot see it. Is it just me, and I need new glasses or is there no obvious way to start a new thread? I have searched the question/answer section but still cannot come up with an answer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Go back to the "55+ cruising" list of topics (or whatever forum you want). NEW THREAD is at the top.

Go back to the "55+ cruising" list of topics (or whatever forum you want). NEW THREAD is at the top.

Oh thank you so much for replying to my posting whilst everyone else apparently ignored it.

A true friendly Texan indeed, give yourself pat on the back for being friendly!

Oh thank you so much for replying to my posting whilst everyone else apparently ignored it.

A true friendly Texan indeed, give yourself pat on the back for being friendly!

Hi...I wasn't ignoring it...just didn't know how to start a thread. I've been posting forever...but now I know how to start one!! Thanks!:)

Deb

DH put in his paperwork Friday to recite at the end of the school year after 35 years of teaching. He has 32 teaching days left (he doesn't count weekends. ). We are cruising the following week.

LOL! I am also retiring after 35 years of teaching, and have 32 days left! Our "retirement cruise" will start in the fall, rather than going back to school.

Heather

YAY for both teacher retirees!!! No more lesson plans, observations, common core, meetings, workshops...lol....should I go on??? I retired from teaching in January and don't miss any of the "stuff" that goes with teaching except the kids and staff. Enjoy your cruises!!!

Deb

DH put in his paperwork Friday to recite at the end of the school year after 35 years of teaching. He has 32 teaching days left (he doesn't count weekends. ). We are cruising the following week.

LOL! I am also retiring after 35 years of teaching, and have 32 days left! Our "retirement cruise" will start in the fall, rather than going back to school.

Heather

Congrats to both of you and thanks for teaching those kids! A teacher's service is rarely appreciated.

I just want to say, my friend and I just got back off the Splendor. Had a good time, but she was unable to take the humidity, so I did some things on my own. One of them was going to the graveyard in Grand Turk, and finding (not perfect) a very large blue shell, and bringing it back home with me. :)

I had told you earlier that our company is building a new building in Kansas. I don't know exactly when my retirement day will be next year, but one of the girls here told me she hopes they keep having "problems" with the building, and keep moving the moving date back. I did understand where she was coming from. Several don't want to move any sooner than what they have to.

You that are teachers that are retiring soon, CONGRATULATIONS! Last week on our cruise, we were at a table of 8, with two teachers. I told them, I would praise any teacher now, in these days that are still teaching.:)

Where did everyone go??? Guess the worker bees are working and the retired are busy with non-work stuff??? We traveled to San Antonio this week, having a good time, heading to Austin then Fredericksburg before heading home.

BTW, Happy Hump Day to all no matter if working or retired!

Where did everyone go??? Guess the worker bees are working and the retired are busy with non-work stuff??? We traveled to San Antonio this week, having a good time, heading to Austin then Fredericksburg before heading home.

Hi....Happy Hump Day to you!! I'm still checking in. I have been helping my husband with his business. It is a seafood business and I have been driving a truck with one of those big boxes in the back where you really can't see too well what is behind or on the side of you. I'm getting better at it;). I did it years ago when he first started so I know what to expect. One of his drivers had to have surgery so I took over. He is starting back tomorrow so that means I am back on retirement:)...lol. I will be leaving next Thursday to go to beach with my son and his family for 10 days so definitely back in retirement mode then!!

Deb

I am still here! Continuing to do chores around the house (that should have been done long ago) and preparing for my next cruise:)

We came back from our Easter cruise and I am still a worker bee so I had to go back to work. We will be visiting our son and family including a new baby in July in San Antonio. We were planning to then take a cruise out of Galveston after the visit but our 25 year old furnace and air conditioner gave out so cruising will have to wait until next year.