Jewel pool towels.

1lovehols

Does the jewel just hand out as many towels as you require or are they now giving 1 pp and swiping your sea pass. Only reason I ask is the bathroom towels are a little small so I take a pool towel to room and use it as a bathroom towel.

We have been on ships that swipe the card and those that just hand them out. We would leave the wet towels in our bathroom and they always replaced with dry ones when they cleaned. We never actually returned the towels to the same place we got them. No one has ever said anything to us.

I have always thought that they just do that card swiping to make people "think" they are keeping track.

You can get the "old" style beach towels in the gym locker rooms. That is what I do to avoid any possible charge to my Seapass that is not warrented. And also to avoid the hassle of checking in and out. I noticed several times on my recent LOS cruise that one of the towel stations would be closed making the other station busier.

Last time on Jewel, it was as many pool towels as you wanted.

Don't think that this is a good idea - as usual, the inconsiderate chair hogs just left for the day leaving towels all over one or more chairs, you never knew what was occupied!

On the Jewel transatlantic in September, pool towels were readily available and no seapass card swiping was required. I feared that this would result in many chairs occupied for hours by towels but that did not prove to be the case and lounge chairs were usually available whenever we visited the Solarium. We have sailed on ships where the towels were placed in our stateroom, on ships where they swiped your card or registered your stateroom number, and on ships where you could simply pick up towels poolside as they were required. All systems seemed to work reasonably well, so whatever we find on our next cruise, we won't be overly concerned.:)

Archived