Silver spirit maiden

LOVE@CRUISE

Debbie, thanks for posting your blog link.

Doug, long awaited good "cruise doc" news...we will be Spirit doc dancing

next week in Atlanta while Miss Lynn and you Spirit doc dance in phoenix--our docs are enroute from our TA too.

Ging 466, there is a December 9 press release on the SS website describing all sorts of spa treatments which will be available on the Spirit. Click "about Silversea", then "press releases".

Thankx for letting me know Wellseasoned.

Cheers

ging466

I paid a visit to Hotel 1828 last time I was in Barcelona and I loved it!!! Would stay there in a heartbeat.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

A lot of people also recommend 1898 and Le Meridien on Las Ramblas.

Our flight gets in at 9 a.m.on the 22nd, and we have a 10:40 flight on January 3 to Newark on Continental. It was the only way to avoid 3 flight segments.

We're taking a big chance on Hotel Continental with really mixed reviews and the level of hotel. I wouldn't send anyone else there, particularly. We normally book something much more upscale, but when Todd finds out about the pickpockets, he won't want to budge, and at least this place has free wine and free internet. We booked a balcony suite right over Las Ramblas. I plan to go about whether he does or not at least for a while, and I am sure I can get him to go out for a while. Mainly, we just want to arrive rested for the cruise because we are SO looking forward to this beautiful new ship.

Good evening,

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel 1898 two years ago before boarding the Silver Wind in Barcelona.

The hotel was fantastic! Beautifully appointed, wonderful service and centrally located.

See attached pics.

I would highly recommend it.

Regards,

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?name=ScottToronto&date=3-4-2010&image=Beach-8&text=Voyage 4006 Hong Kong to Singapore&ship=Silver Whisper

1064094853_SilverWindMay2007054.jpg.bc6163b52caef56aff32e0f10ecdab60.jpg

690160882_SilverWindMay2007055.jpg.3581f6356928ac5441264b1120fc02a7.jpg

Have checked google: "Silversea spirit delivery, Ancona Italy" and checked the Fincantieri website (press release section, pls see link below)..nothing on today's

delievery ceremony posted yet. Altho, Fincantieri in 2008, 2009,

made a few press releases on Saturday, could not find one Delivery press release published on a Saturday. Doug, am guessing Fincantieri will make a Delivery press release Monday along with SS who will update their SS blog (i.e., when most of their

media folks are back at work)...tho, do hope for a release this weekend (but it is

near 5:45 pm in Europe. SS's twitter and Facebook pages last posts were in

November. Also, of the dozen or so cruise journalists I follow on

Twitter, only The Cruiseguy made a mention of the 12/12/09 Spirit Delivery on 10 Dec.

http://www.fincantieri.it/cms/data/browse/news/000316.aspx?catalog=0

For those Spirit aficionado's:

Two more Spirit delivery press releases; first one is from the Spirit's ship builder (Fincantieri) press release (12 Dec) altho not a lot of new detail. Second one is from LLoyd's List (14 Dec) and provides some financial background & future Silversea ship building plans as related by CEO of SS.

http://www.fincantieri.it/cms/data/browse/news/000319.aspx

http://lloydslist.com/ll/news/silver-spirit-makes-debut/20017729218.htm;.5d25bd3d240cca6cbbee6afc8c3b5655190f397f?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Don't know now when we'll arrive in Lisbon. We were booked from PHX-LIS on BA; a nice 13hr 45min trip. Don't know at this point what airlines or schedules that SS will change us to, given the BA cabin crew strike. For sure it will not be a relaxing schedule/trip.

Doug, I am sure they will do the best they can. When will you find out? It sounds like you had a sweet situation before, so I can see why you'd be disappointed.

We are less than a week out on ours and doing coach thru Newark on Continental. I hope the weather holds up over there. This was the only way to avoid a 3 segment trip for us from Houston. Our trip is 14 hours, but it won't be relaxing, and we have the situation with Newark to deal with.

A bit off topic this far down the link but....

I received my silver box and the docs today and was a bit surprised to see embarkation is still shown as 3 - 5 PM January 3 in Lisbon.

There's been talk on these boards that all guests will be allowed to board at noon. I enjoy early boarding privileges (only cost several thousand dollars...;)) but am wondering about others.

Any comments?

Dusababy -- about ready to leave California......:)

Here is what my TA wrote me reference early embarkation on our maiden crossing:

We were advised that without incurring the fee guests who arrive at the pier earlier than the scheduled embarkation time will be able to board providing all other guests from the previous voyage have disembarked. You may not have access to your suite, but will have access to all public areas

Mary Ann, I later called and talked to Robin, Silversea reservation manager in FLL, who told me for confirmed early embarkers, they will still be able to board beginning at

10:30 am, 3 January.

Also, have asked Carolyn (Cruise Critic Editor) who will be on board the Spirit

Sunday - Tuesday of next week for two day sailing out of Monaco to also

very the time we (early embarkers) can board.

See u soon,

Wes

Archived