Silver spirit maiden

LOVE@CRUISE

A bit off topic this far down the link but....

I received my silver box and the docs today and was a bit surprised to see embarkation is still shown as 3 - 5 PM January 3 in Lisbon.

There's been talk on these boards that all guests will be allowed to board at noon. I enjoy early boarding privileges (only cost several thousand dollars...;)) but am wondering about others.

Any comments?

Dusababy -- about ready to leave California......:)

We received our travel docs early this week from our TA. Also saw the 3 pm boarding time and had to chuckle, since elsewhere it also stated Silversea wanted all passengers on board 2 hours prior to the 6 pm sailing. That gives you a 1-hour window! My experience (nearly 30 cruises) is you show up around noon and you'll have no problem boarding (and there will be a lot of others already on the ship!) even though your stateroom might not be ready. Passengers from the previous cruise are almost always off the ship by 10 am. We plan to leave the Marriott at noon (check-out time) and head for the port.

Gary & Carol

Good evening,

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel 1898 two years ago before boarding the Silver Wind in Barcelona.

The hotel was fantastic! Beautifully appointed, wonderful service and centrally located.

See attached pics.

I would highly recommend it.

Regards,

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?name=ScottToronto&date=3-4-2010&image=Beach-8&text=Voyage 4006 Hong Kong to Singapore&ship=Silver Whisper

I echo Scott's comments. My wife & I stayed there 2 nights prior to an Oceania voyage a year ago. VERY contemporary hotel in an historic building. Location is great! Heartily recommend. :)

Gary

Sorry to say that two more of our group have had to cancel for the Spirit TA. Warren&Judy Waite called this A.M. and Judy has a very badly infected eye post cateract surgery. She's going to have to have her eye sewn shut for a while and may lose sight in that eye. Naturally, they have to cancel. They will be sorely missed, because they're very good friends and fun people.

• 2 months later...

To Lynn and Doug. Ida and Wes. Maria and Nick, Debbie and Dieter. Val and Jim and all my friends, (new and old) I met on S.Spirit Lisbon to B.Aires. It was such fun meeting you all, it was a fabulous cruise and I cannot wait to get back. Am in London suffering withdrawal symptons....Wish you all a Happy Easter and hope we meet up soon. take care of yourselves.....Emmy

Archived