Jeans

Granny1

Hi eveyone,

Just wanted to ask a quick question, I have been on only two cruises and they were out of Florida and this trip is on the Pride out of Baltimore in January.. Has anyone wore jeans before, I know it's going to be rather chilly the first few days but I don't recall seeing anyone wearing jeans before, mainly during the day..:confused:

Any thoughts

Guest TropicOne

This time of the year in the Northeast jeans will be fine and warm. Other than Elegant night they will be within Carnivals dress code.

It seems now-none of the lines specify no jeans at dinner. None say "jeans allowed" but they used to specify "no jeans." Even on HAL I have seen jeans worn at dinner-eight years ago on a HAL Alaska cruise-we did not even seen them worn during the day-my hubby had worn a pair and was very uncomfortable when he noticed he was the only one in jeans on ship, and this was Alaska. Times have changed.

Even on Caribbean cruises the first and last day can be cold depending on where you are sailing from I know one year out of Galveston a cold front came through and I was very glad I had my jeans and a sweater to wear during the last day returning to the gulf. It was not a day to lounge by the pool and even the interior rooms were cold that day.

Carnival does.........

I should have said MOST-I know NCL says jeans are allowed also, except for one dinning room, they are off limits. Actually it has been almost 6 years since I was on Carnival-it did say no jeans allowed at dinner then in the Carnvial capers, it was listed under the dress for dinner of that evening. You still saw plenty of jeans-even on formal night.

I would also like to add-twice in the winter, once in December from Tampa, and once in February from Miami, there were winter storms and it was coolish-and it hit maybe 70 once or twice, the whole cruise, the rest of the days maybe 60.

My husband had to wear a wet suit when he dived it was so cool those 2 cruises. I know I wore capris and added a jacket, I don't do shorts, and I had goosebumps all week those 2 cruises, I could have used a pair of jeans.

It must have been longer then 6 years because our first Carnival cruise in 1999.........it didn't say no jeans.......they were allowed back then......

I was on Carnival Conquest in 2006 and the documents and capers both said no jeans in the MDR.....

Hi eveyone,

Just wanted to ask a quick question, I have been on only two cruises and they were out of Florida and this trip is on the Pride out of Baltimore in January.. Has anyone wore jeans before, I know it's going to be rather chilly the first few days but I don't recall seeing anyone wearing jeans before, mainly during the day..:confused:

Any thoughts

Jeans are fine during the day-time and for evenings if you are sailing Carnival or NCL. I would not recommend wearing a torn or faded old pair, but a decent pair isn't a problem.

I wear jeans on every cruise, usually for dinner a couple nights. I wear a dark nicer pair of jeans with a fancy top, heels, etc.

Hi eveyone,

Any thoughts

Hi:) as you can see, there are quite a few different replies about

jeans.

Personally, (I am only speaking for myself;)) I leave the jeans home

on a Caribbean cruise. But again, that is just me. Now, I have not

sailed out of Baltimore but being January I am betting its going to

be chilly so I am sure lots of folks will be wearing them.

So if you want to wear them I am thinking it will be just fine.

I actually bought 2 nice pairs of jeans today for my next month's transatlantic cruise.

They're very dark blue, boot cut, with "stomach-holding-in-panels"!!

I'm looking forward to wearing them!!

I was on Carnival Conquest in 2006 and the documents and capers both said no jeans in the MDR.....

Yep only on formal or what is now called elegant night........

I have sailed on over 12 Carnival cruises since 1999 and it never stated no jeans on casual night;) They have been allowed for years but now they are just more common.........

Archived