Room Service Charges?

cruising maniac

Has anyone experienced room service charges? Just got our tickets for a Costa cruise in November and I believe that only continental breakfast is free of charge. I have been on many cruises on many lines and have never paid for room service. I would be VERY disappointed especially if it changed after we booked.

NCL's room service is free -- but there aren't hot breakfast items (although some folks have simply written them down on the order slip and gotten them). Otherwise it's a limited but quite adequate menu.

It also depends on what cabin you are in on NCL. Balconies and above now get an improved breakfast menu...

If you are in Butlered room you can get what ever your heart desires(in food anyway)...

There is always toast(that is hot food)...

Has anyone experienced room service charges? Just got our tickets for a Costa cruise in November and I believe that only continental breakfast is free of charge. I have been on many cruises on many lines and have never paid for room service. I would be VERY disappointed especially if it changed after we booked.
There is some information on this on the Costa website. Look under "First Time Cruiser"/"Life Onboard"/"Food and Drink".

Rick

Let's remember there is never anything free on a cruise ship. Pay for it in your fare or pay for it when you use it but we are paying for it. :)

Cruise lines are using all sorts of creative ways to keep costs down and thus fares so something has to give.

Archived