3 People in a room with 2 twin beds?

I booked a Guaranteed Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom through Priceline Cruises on the Serenade of the Seas for December 19-26. It took a bit to get my room number on the RCCL website, but I found out today. The room has 2 twin beds that can be pushed together as a queen size. There are 3 of us in our party and I am concerned that this might be an uncomfortable sleeping arrangement. I thought I would call RCCL tomorrow and see if we can be moved to a room with a sofa bed or Pullman bed. Since I booked through Priceline Cruises, is Priceline Cruises who I need to call or should I call RCCL Customer Service to change my room? Also, I read that it might be possible to get a rollaway bed put in the room. Has anyone been able to get one of these while cruising on RCCL before? Thanks! :)

I booked a Guaranteed Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom through Priceline Cruises on the Serenade of the Seas for December 19-26. It took a bit to get my room number on the RCCL website, but I found out today. The room has 2 twin beds that can be pushed together as a queen size. There are 3 of us in our party and I am concerned that this might be an uncomfortable sleeping arrangement. I thought I would call RCCL tomorrow and see if we can be moved to a room with a sofa bed or Pullman bed. Since I booked through Priceline Cruises, is Priceline Cruises who I need to call or should I call RCCL Customer Service to change my room? Also, I read that it might be possible to get a rollaway bed put in the room. Has anyone been able to get one of these while cruising on RCCL before? Thanks! :)

EDIT: I just changed my answer to you.

RCCL would never put three people in a cabin with only 2 beds.

Whatever cabin you get has to sleep 3. ;)

I just looked at the cabins and I think you better call Priceline Cruises. I can not find a cabin with an extra bed. Do not wait, call right away and get that straightened out. There is something wrong there.

You should not be putting a roll away bed in that cabin.

You mentioned you found the room on the RCL website. Does it indicate that it sleeps three? There should be a couch or loveseat in the room which converts to the third bed. We have had three in a room on several occassions and it has not been a problem. I do not remember if it is marked with an * or a + but the legend should be on the same page.

Okay, so I called Priceline last night and talked to one of the agents. She looked up my reservation and said that there will be a pulldown bed in the room. I REALLY hope this will be true! It is a balcony cabin located in the middle of the ship on Deck 7. I didn't see anything on the ship's stateroom map that said it would have a pulldown bed (you know, like a triangle, etc.) Maybe she is able to see something that I am not able to?

Thanks for all of your help!

Okay, so I called Priceline last night and talked to one of the agents. She looked up my reservation and said that there will be a pulldown bed in the room. I REALLY hope this will be true! It is a balcony cabin located in the middle of the ship on Deck 7. I didn't see anything on the ship's stateroom map that said it would have a pull down bed (you know, like a triangle, etc.) Maybe she is able to see something that I am not able to?

Thanks for all of your help!

What cabin number do you have? There are only a handful of cabins on deck 7 with Pullman's. Your cabin should show an asterisk for a Pullman.

It is 7626.

It"s a D3 and does turn up as a 3 person cabin for other dates. But as you say it doesn't show the symbol for a pulman or sleep sofa. I'd can Royal Caribbean and ask specifically about that cabin. You don't have to tell them you're in it.. If they say it's not, then take the next step.

I just called RCCL and the agent verified that it is in fact a room that has a sofa bed and a Pullman. I wonder why they don't have an asterick next to it on the map for those cruise dates. It would be nice if they were to fix that so people wouldn't get confused. :rolleyes:

Archived