Adjoining Cabins?

cruisinrg

I've been on many cruises but have never had adjoining cabins. Does anyone know where the door is in each cabin. I know this may sound silly but in thinking of the cabins every inch of the wall usually has something on it. I'm in a balcony cabin on the Liberty.

Here is a picture for you.

I have been in two different connecting cabins. In the JS the door was between the couch and the bed and with an ocean view, the couch was replaced by a chair and the door was between the chair and the bathroom wall.

The picture is of the JS.

DSCN1107.jpg.f15df747482d54712afe048a9a2c399f.jpg

Here is a picture for you.

I have been in two different connecting cabins. In the JS the door was between the couch and the bed and with an ocean view, the couch was replaced by a chair and the door was between the chair and the bathroom wall.

The picture is of the JS.

Looking at this picture I remember that we had a couch, not a chair, and the door was inbetween the bed and the couch. This was in a JS on mariner.

I've been on many cruises but have never had adjoining cabins. Does anyone know where the door is in each cabin. I know this may sound silly but in thinking of the cabins every inch of the wall usually has something on it. I'm in a balcony cabin on the Liberty.

You would be best to give the cabin #'s of the rooms you are talking about as the doors aren't always in the same location....they vary....you may be able to find someone who is familiar with those exact room configurations.

You would be best to give the cabin #'s of the rooms you are talking about as the doors aren't always in the same location....they vary....you may be able to find someone who is familiar with those exact room configurations.

I prefer not to give the exact cabin numbers but they are adjoining E1 just off the hump on Liberty! Hope someone can help or post pictures. Thanks!

I have two E1 adjoining cabins booked on the Liberty. After reading this, I'm a bit nervous about only having a chair, not a couch. Has anyone here had adjoining E1's on the Freedom Class? :confused:

Yes we sailed Freedom in Sept. the door will not open with a couch there is not enough space, thats why there is a chair, the ony good thing about the adjoining cabins was we were able to have the balcony devider opened between the 2 cabins. made for a larger balcony. I really perfer the couch. If both want to sit down one had to sit on the bed.:rolleyes: Dont plan to get this type again.JMHO

Yes we sailed Freedom in Sept. the door will not open with a couch there is not enough space, thats why there is a chair, the ony good thing about the adjoining cabins was we were able to have the balcony devider opened between the 2 cabins. made for a larger balcony. I really perfer the couch. If both want to sit down one had to sit on the bed.:rolleyes: Dont plan to get this type again.JMHO

Oh no :eek:.....................not what I wanted to hear, but thank you so much for the info. Now I need to think.........:rolleyes:

The cabins are for my 3 grown children (early 20's). I thought it would be so great for them to have the adjoining cabins to go back and forth. Now I'm having second thoughts. If the balcony can be opened, they can go back and forth that way instead of having them adjoining. However, I hear it is not always guaranteed that they will open the balconies. What to do????

Oh no :eek:.....................not what I wanted to hear, but thank you so much for the info. Now I need to think.........:rolleyes:

The cabins are for my 3 grown children (early 20's). I thought it would be so great for them to have the adjoining cabins to go back and forth. Now I'm having second thoughts. If the balcony can be opened, they can go back and forth that way instead of having them adjoining. However, I hear it is not always guaranteed that they will open the balconies. What to do????

If your three 20 something children are anything like mine, they will not be sitting on a couch anyway. Mine were always lounging on their beds, and they had a nice large couch in their Carnival stateroom. The couch only held their clothes. :D

May I ask why your three are not sharing one stateroom instead of two? Our three stayed together, and the youngest is a male with his older sisters. He just slipped out on the balcony , or left the stateroom when the girls were getting dressed.

Check the deck plans on RC's website. There are little triangles next to the cabin numbers which indicate there is a sofa bed. If there is a * it means there is a chair. We will be traveling as a party of 5 and have booked 2 connecting cabins. Didn't really want the 3rd person in one of the cabins on a pullman bed. Prefer a couch. That and there would be no where to sit for more than 1 if there were just a chair. We confirmed with our TA that there was a sofa bed and not a chair. There is a double ended arrow on the hallway end of the cabin plans which show you which ones are connecting. The best thing to do is to call RC or have your TA confirm that what you want is what you've booked.

Thanks so much - everyone has been so helpful. I hope I made the right decision I gave up two hump balcony cabins for two connecting cabins a few doors down. still great location in an E2 but my kids (boy 23 & girl 20) are sharing a cabin and we figured if my son needed to get dressed, at least my daughter could come into our cabin or hang on the balcony. I hope we have a sofa and not a chair, but our cabin shows arrows for connecting rooms, I don't see any other symbols.

CruisinManiac,

Thank you for posting those pictures. I can see how it would have to be a chair in order for the connecting door to fit. Not even a love seat would fit there. Maybe it would give a feel of a bit more space with just the chair??

Does anyone out there have a picture of the chair beside the connecting door?

Thanks again for posting, very helpful! :)

CruisinManiac,

Thank you for posting those pictures. I can see how it would have to be a chair in order for the connecting door to fit. Not even a love seat would fit there. Maybe it would give a feel of a bit more space with just the chair??

That is a love seat in the photo. The descriptions say sofa, but in the E's, it's really just a love seat. The sofa's are in the D's and up. ;)

We had 8326 & 8328 on the Liberty just a few weeks ago. These are the first two E1's just forward of the hump on the starboard side. They were fine, no couch, one chair and a table. With the door shut they were as quite as any standard cabin.

we are in D1 on Liberty next mo.-have a connecting with DD....do these have sofas-it is important because I usually stay up much later than DH and read.....plus grandson may occasionlly visit and give the parent's a "break"...anybody had a connecting D1?????

we are in D1 on Liberty next mo.-have a connecting with DD....do these have sofas-it is important because I usually stay up much later than DH and read.....plus grandson may occasionlly visit and give the parent's a "break"...anybody had a connecting D1?????

We were on the Voyager in a D1 that connected to a F cabin. Both cabins had sofas that converted to a bed for two. We opted to put a granddaughter on each sofa (rather than let them duke it out in one bed) and it was a great sleeping situation. Both girls basically had queen (or full?) beds to sleep in. I would say that the sofa bed would be really tight for two unless the kids are young - in which case, I suggest they sleep the "short" way and then there's a lot more width space per body.

Archived