Taking leftovers or order to go in MDR

Look2Sea

You can take the leftovers....but why? There's plenty of food, should you get hungry later---room service is free, and there's a buffet....why bring half-eaten stuff to your cabin?

I don't know if you can get your food "to go"---most menu items can be ordered off of room service during the dining room hours....

I do know they'll let you take your dessert!

No!

But, desite the odd looks you might get, they probably could muster up a tray and let you carry out a meal. But not quite sure since you would be taking a waiter from his or her duties for an extended period of time to assemble your goody bag/tray.

But, I do believe they have solved that question....the buffet!

Build your own dinner, take the tray and head out!

My sister and I ate at Chops (mmmmm....Chops) and were so very full come dessert time. Full.... and saddened because we had been looking forward to the desserts. Our waiter happily packed our dessert choices in your standard foam takeaway boxes.

And, one time, one of my kids wasn't able to finish something in the MDR that they really liked and the waiter came back with the remains wrapped in a hand-made swan shaped foil warp container.

I was on FOS last week and saw someone take their dessert out with them on a plate and cellophane wrap over it. Don't know why you would want to take any leftovers. The coolers in the room do not get very cold and may start to smell up the room. There are many food options to have and there is always something to eat. Windjammer is open 7-11am for breakfast and 6-9 for dinner on island days and they add a 11:30 to 3 for snack time. Hours vary a little day to day depending on sea day or island day. Sorrento's is open 11:30 to 2 or 3am. Cafe Prominade is open 24hours I believe. No reason you can't find something to eat. Room service is 24 hours but charge a fee from midnight until 5am or $3.95.

The desserts in the specialty restaurants are only available from them and once you get a craving for that item, cookies from the Cafe Promenade just aren't going to do.

And, if you have a kid who likes something in a restaurant well enough to want to to eat it later, you thank the food gods and ask for it to be wrapped.

sure you can get something to go, but I envision, by your question, walking in at the seating time, and getting a menu and proceeding to place your "to go" order as being a little bit diffcult for the wait staff.

Sure, a dessert or so, but I was envisioning the entire meal...Maybe at the end of the evening, but awefully hard at the start.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Looking forward to experiencing the MDR at dinner.

Guess I was thinking about the good food, and not being able to finish it in one sitting.

Thought that after a walk around the ship, I might be able to polish the rest up in my cabin.

Thanks for the tips.

• Ordering dinner dining items from TV room service.

• Taking leftover dessert for sweet tooth later, or ordering it to go after my meal in the MDR.

Archived