Upgrade Offering Advice

Nuka

Do you think that its worth $250/pp to upgrade from cat 'e' (oceanview obstructed) to cat B1 (balcony)?

Oceania called the TA to offer the upgrade. We're sailing November 25th on Insignia from Barcelona to Rio for 15 days. Price seemed quite fair. As I've never sailed Oceania, I'd appreciate any comments.

Much Thanks!

The price is reasonable enough.

Do you like balconies, or do you prefer to get your fresh air out on the pool deck? Very individual thing - I for one don't feel I have to have a balcony on every trip, but there are those who feel they must have a balcony.

Do you think that its worth $250/pp to upgrade from cat 'e' (oceanview obstructed) to cat B1 (balcony)?

Oceania called the TA to offer the upgrade. We're sailing November 25th on Insignia from Barcelona to Rio for 15 days. Price seemed quite fair. As I've never sailed Oceania, I'd appreciate any comments.

Much Thanks!

Yes, I would do it if it's in your budget. It is nice to have the balcony.

Got the upgrade - Concierge Class Veranda facing aft. It was $300.00/pp. I didn't think that the concierge inclusions had much value to me, but I liked the cabin location.

Thanks for the advice all!

Nuka,

If you have a concierge class veranda you must have been upgraded yet again. I think that the concierge cabins are all A cabins and do come with some additional amenities. The "A" cabins are the same size and configuration as the "B" cabins but are deck 7. "B" cabins are on deck 6 (I think) Please excuse me if I am wrong....

We were in an "A" cabin facing aft on one of our cruises and loved it! Enjoy!

Kathie

Yes, it was kind of a 'double-upgrade' ;)

The TA inquired as to what was available besides the 'B' that they originally offered and we both thought that this would be nice.

cheers!

Nuka

Sounds like a super upgrade but make sure you take your sea-sickness medication with you. The front of these ships can be very rough sailing.

Hopefully you'll have calm seas.:)

I believe they got the aft, not the front.

Good job by your TA to inquire about further upgrade. My TA called with the offer for the B1 but didn't ask about additional upgrades. :mad:

Don't know that I would have gone for the A but would have been nice to have the option.

Went from a C2 to B1 for $200/pp. Happy with that but now I wonder if a PH was possible.

I miss-read the post. The aft cabins are the best in our humble opinion.:D

We may have the option to up grade from oceanview mid on deck 4 to veranda on deck 6 on the aft side. We have only sailed one other time and only on Regatta and would appreciate your take (or anyone's) on why the "aft cabins are the best". I don't know how to make that decision. Thanks!

We may have the option to up grade from oceanview mid on deck 4 to veranda on deck 6 on the aft side. We have only sailed one other time and only on Regatta and would appreciate your take (or anyone's) on why the "aft cabins are the best". I don't know how to make that decision. Thanks!

We were in 6084 on the Regatta

We had a lot a vibration when cruising at higher speeds so will not go there again.

The 2 aft cabins in between the suites have deeper balconies ..cabins are the same size as elsewhere;)

Lyn

You embark as we return from the Amazon on the 23rd. A roll call member I believe has an aft cabin on deck 6 and I can report to you onboard if you decide to take the cabin. I am on deck 8 in an Aft and looking forward to it.

For anyone experienced in upgrading, will Oceania be issuing new cruise documents/luggage tags? I received a set for the original stateroom, and don't know if I should be on the lookout for new ones/be concerned.

cheers!

Nuka

For anyone experienced in upgrading, will Oceania be issuing new cruise documents/luggage tags? I received a set for the original stateroom, and don't know if I should be on the lookout for new ones/be concerned.

cheers!

Nuka

Hi Nuka,

Oceania doesn't send a new cruise vacation guide with updated luggage tags when a stateroom change is made. You can use the ones you have and write in the correct stateroom number, or you can get new luggage tags at the port.

Shari

ShariCruz6

• 3 weeks later...

We just went from a guarantee F inside to a B2 for US$300 pp on our upcoming South America cruise on Insignia. The last offer was US$600 pp two weeks back.

It looks like they can't fill the more expensive cabins - only inside and outsides are listed as sold out. People seem to be booking up the cheaper cabins. Great time to wait it out and see if you can get an offer. Perhaps we should have waited longer? :rolleyes:

It is located in the AFT. I chose this cabin for my trip in two weeks. Heard from a few CC's that there is often some noise from the Tapas above. There are a few threads on this cabin but it didn't prevent me from booking it. Can't be that bad nestled between the Owner's Suite. Will be the closest I will ever come to being in one. :D

On the Insignia, they offered me 8066 for the upgrade. That is in the front of the ship between the Owners Suites. Any advice on this cabin?

If it is a price that you can live with go for it

FYI on the deck plan the top of the diagram is the the bow (front) of the ship

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/deck-plans/oc-rclass-deck-plans.pdf

We just went from a guarantee F inside to a B2 for US$300 pp on our upcoming South America cruise on Insignia. The last offer was US$600 pp two weeks back.

It looks like they can't fill the more expensive cabins - only inside and outsides are listed as sold out. People seem to be booking up the cheaper cabins. Great time to wait it out and see if you can get an offer. Perhaps we should have waited longer? :rolleyes:

I hope I am as lucky in March 2011. At the moment that upgrade would cost me $3700, and that is on an only 10 day cruise.

Enjoy your good fortune!

Archived