wunderbarb

wunderbarb

Hi, I am new to this site but have cruised with Princess 5 times. We have a cruise coming up Nov 22 on the Coral and Feb 21 on the Emerald. For both we have inside cabins and a guarantee, is there a good way to get a good upgrade and do they ever upgrade to an outside or balcony cabin? We have had an upgrade before but it was to another inside cabin and at the very front of the ship. Right now it looks like they have put us at the very back of the ship on the Coral on the Emerald deck.

Hi, I am new to this site but have cruised with Princess 5 times. We have a cruise coming up Nov 22 on the Coral and Feb 21 on the Emerald. For both we have inside cabins and a guarantee, is there a good way to get a good upgrade and do they ever upgrade to an outside or balcony cabin? We have had an upgrade before but it was to another inside cabin and at the very front of the ship. Right now it looks like they have put us at the very back of the ship on the Coral on the Emerald deck.

Welcome to cruise critic...we are on the same cruise as you on Nov 22nd:)

The only way to get a "good" upgrade is to pay for one. People don't often get upgraded from an inside to an outside or a balcony. Hope you get one tho.

Just a hint. If you want a response to your questions, put that in the subject area. Your own name will not result in many folks even looking at it.

Good luck. :)

One thing to know about upgrades is that not all upgrades are good ones. On my first cruise, I got upgraded up a category but to an undesirable location.

If you are able to select a specific cabin that you like, you may want to mark the booking "no upgrade" or else emphasize to your TA that you do not want to be moved unless you okay it. On our last two cruises, we did mark our booking "no upgrade."

The cruise before that, our first with Princess, we were given a "move over offer" the day before our cruise. The ship was overbooked and they were asking some passengers if they'll postpone their cruise for a few weeks and in return get some perks. In our case, we were offered a full refund and an upgrade from the lowest category inside to a balcony. We didn't take them up on their offer, but I imagine they find someone who did.

Remember on the Coral there are lovely balconies for everyone's use on the aft of the ship on Emerald, Dolphin, Carib, and Baja decks....many people either don't know or forget about these balconies.....just walk aft down the hallway and out the back door.....so NOW your cabin is closer to the back door....if I remember correcly Carib has the largest aft deck.

Well, I'm in the same boat with you, so to speak. They upgraded our balcony category, but we are the very FIRST cabin in the front of the ship! Do you have any nightmares to report from your experience in this location??? eek!

thanks!

barb

Archived