Debarkation question asap

mgm3430

I know I might get slammed, but I'm leaving in 3 days and I have a debarkation question.

If we put for our funpass that we are flying out the morning we debark but really we're driving home, will that get us a lower number for debarkation instead of #20 or worse since we will be on a time crunch to get home?

Has anyone ever tried this? If so, what happened?

You will need to some research. You need to put airline, flight #, flight time, etc

I already put in a real flight#, etc. from an airline. How will they know we won't be on it. As far as they know we could be buying the ticket at the airport.

If you do self-assist, then you will off the ship the quickest. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of handling your baggage, then yes, find an airline with an 10am flight and use that. That is how we used to get off the ship early before self-assist.

If you do self-assist, then you will off the ship the quickest. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of handling your baggage, then yes, find an airline with an 10am flight and use that. That is how we used to get off the ship early before self-assist.

Thanks!!! Did you have to show proof that you bought the flight to the information desk? Just wondered. There's no way I can carry off my luggage.

Thanks!!! Did you have to show proof that you bought the flight to the information desk? Just wondered. There's no way I can carry off my luggage.

No.. Because we work for an airline and fly stand by, we don't have hard copy tickets or intineraries. We just filled out the form like we were paying passengers and have never been asked to verify.

I dont think it would change the number that is delivered to your cabin, you would then have to take it to the purser's desk and ask for a lower number. Seems a lot of work to get off only a little bit earlier. Everyone is usually off by around 9:45 at the latest... why bother unless you get a pretty high number?

CC seems to be acting up again :(

I don't recall which ship I was on, but once I did have an early flight.

I had to go to the purser's and get early flight tags. They did ask to see proof.

So I guess it's hit and miss.

I've never heard someone refer to the end of a vacation as a "time crunch".

Why not just continue the relaxed atmosphere of the cruise during your journey home? Is life going to be a lot different if you arrive home 1 hour later than planned? What if there is a wreck and your journey is delayed? Why not just decide that you will be there when you get there, and that will be good enough?

I've never heard someone refer to the end of a vacation as a "time crunch".

Why not just continue the relaxed atmosphere of the cruise during your journey home? Is life going to be a lot different if you arrive home 1 hour later than planned? What if there is a wreck and your journey is delayed? Why not just decide that you will be there when you get there, and that will be good enough?

Oh, that would be soooooooooooo nice if I could have that attitude. Unfortunately, we are driving (20 hours) and need to have the kids back in school first thing Monday morning. I would love to pull them out of school for that day, but we already are pulling them out two days prior. It's high school and the amount of work just stacks up. So yes, I will be one of those passengers that will be on the main deck at 0700 with bags in hand to be first off the ship.

Sigh - why can't it just be easier?

I don't recall which ship I was on, but once I did have an early flight.

I had to go to the purser's and get early flight tags. They did ask to see proof.

So I guess it's hit and miss.

On the Freedom we also had to bring our flight information to the Purser's Desk to get the early flight tags.

My last cruise, we were #22 and the announcer was calling number 1-10. We got in line and left the ship. The only problem was that our luggage was not in the #22 area. Luckly after a few minutes, the luggage cart arrived and there they were.

The lower number areas were full of bags. The higher numbers were very lite in bags. That is the only problem that I personaly could see.

Airline information is needed in case the ship is late getting back into port in addition to being used to see how many may be late getting to the ship. It is not a Homeland Security requirement. If you think about it, the airlines also have to submit data on you.

Dave

We decided to just walk off with the self assist people about an hour into self assist. We took a gamble that our luggage may not be in the terminal yet but we were off the Splendor last April and in the airport resting by 9:45. No problem. (luggage was in the terminal waiting for us)

Archived