Ladies, where would you rather spend the day? Cocoa beach or orlando?

Tquinn1

Just two of us (mid-forties ladies) will be traveling without the boys or kids this time. Our departing flight is not until 7:30 p.m out of Orlando. We have round trip arrangements from the ship at Cape Canaveral to MCO. However, we are undecided if we should have the car pick us up immediately upon disembarkation and spend the day in the Orlando area or spend the day in the Cocoa Beach/Port area and have the car pick us up later in the day to take us to the airport. Given a choice where would you rather spend the day...Cocoa Beach/Cape area or Orlando area?

Thanks in advance for your help!

**Note: We would like to browse, window shop, nice seafood lunch. We live in a resort area/beach/near naval base/Port Norfolk/historical areas so none of these things are "must sees" for us.

If you're not into strolling on the beach or doing a tour up at the Canaveral preserve or KSC, then I'd go to Orlando. I don't eat seafood (yup - tough living at the beach when you're allergic to half of it!), but from what I have been told the better restaurants are either further south in Melbourne, or they're dinner only. You can certainly go somewhere very casual to eat, but if you want a "good meal", then I don't think you'll find it during the day. (I know someone will correct me if they know of somewhere "good".)

If you like to window shop or shop then I would rent a car and go to Mall of Millennia, Downtown Disney, Florida Mall or one of the outlet malls. Florida Mall is closest to the airport and it is pretty big. If I feel like shopping, that's where I go.

Good luck with your choice!

I would vote for Orlando, specifically Disney. You can go to Downtown Disney and shop (maybe even get something for the kids?),eat, relax etc. You could also go visit the different Disney resorts (especially if they are decorated for the holidays). I would rent a car (we did from Avis--their free shuttle was waiting when we docked and we were in a car and off w/in about 30 mins from when we walked off the ship) and return it to the airport later (our one way rental last April was about $65 from port to MCO).

I live in Orlando so I am partial to say here. There are hundreds of outlet stores, hundreds of restuarants of every taste. And, like the previous poster said, you could go to downtown disney and its free to look around or even go to Universals City Walk (not much to see there).

If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Thanks ladies...you all have provided exactly the type of info. I was looking for. We are traveling the first week of March (after the holiday hustle and before spring break fever). As I said earlier, it will just be the two of us gal pals, nothing "touristy", a week of massages, carribean sun, cocktails with a grand finale shopping spree. Don't know why it is, but it just seems I always fare better finding unique things when I am not in my own backyard. I prefer the (for lack of a better word) more quaint? or specialty outlet malls. I will have a GPS...do any of you have specific addresses or intersections? Again, thanks-great info. (and to you Ashtyn for your e-mail offer)

Thanks ladies...you all have provided exactly the type of info. I was looking for. We are traveling the first week of March (after the holiday hustle and before spring break fever). As I said earlier, it will just be the two of us gal pals, nothing "touristy", a week of massages, carribean sun, cocktails with a grand finale shopping spree. Don't know why it is, but it just seems I always fare better finding unique things when I am not in my own backyard. I prefer the (for lack of a better word) more quaint? or specialty outlet malls. I will have a GPS...do any of you have specific addresses or intersections? Again, thanks-great info. (and to you Ashtyn for your e-mail offer)

http://www.orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/shopping/malls.htm

This is a pretty good list of malls in the Orlando area.

I would go to Orlando to the Millinia Mall where there are wonderful upscale stores and restaurants. (Of course you probably won't be interested in eating after being on a cruise.) Winter Park is also a beautiful area of Orlando, home of Rollins College, with many boutique shops. Transportation will be your problem as there is not good public transportation and taxis are very expensive.

You could go to Cape Canaveral if there is transportation available. It is certainly worth touring.

We are just going to rent a car for the day once we are dropped off at the airport and return it there as well. I am sorry one question has turned into many. I have always been the passenger and never paid much attention. Is Orlando fairly easy to navigate for a directionally challenged person such as me, even with a GPS?

Archived