Concierge Class vs Regular Veranda Cabin

bardstowntraveller

I have been on the Celebrity site and compared Aqua Class to Concierge Class and am clear on the differences between these two classes. I am less clear on Concierge vs a regular Veranda cabin. Can anyone who has cruised these two classes on Solstice ships tell me the differences in the actual cabins -- are the bed linens and pillows the same? How about the shower -- any there differences?

We've sailed Aqua Class in the past and loved it. We will probably book it again but I want to clearly know what I am giving up if I go to a regular cabin

While I haven't yet sailed on the Equinox I've done a bit of research and it seems to me the biggest difference in concierge to regular verandah class is A. location (higher up usually)

B. Champagne in your room upon arrival

C. Fresh fruit/hordourves daily

D. The special showerhead (I got this from the Celeb website)

E. Pillow menu (nothing said about linens-I don't believe)

F. VIP invites

I think those are the most major points.

And you know that Aqua involves more of Blu and the spa.

The spa wasn't our thing (I work in one here at home so I'm all set) and if room is avail. I heard you can in eat in Blu so the difference in price lead to me to choose Concierge Class.

Hope I helped....

We went on our very first cruise on the Solstice this Fall. We were in a concierge class cabin. We are simple folks I guess. To me, a shower head is not a reason to pay more. Nor does a "pillow menu" especially when the service onboard is so good you can get what you want regardless of where you stay. The hors d'œuvre were not a reason (not very good either) and the fresh fruit was never there, but we did not make an issue of it because you could get fruit any time in the buffet area. The cabins are exactly the same.

Never got VIP invites but did not care and, the champagne, while a nice gesture, if it was not there, it would not have been missed.

All this said, is the extra cost worth it? I think not, but I did meet folks who were adamant that concierge is the way to go. I believe it is to feed their ego as opposed to better service. To some, it seems that they need to be recognized for their status (Captains Club, Elite Concierge etc) and it is often mentioned innocuously in conversations LOL. I do not mean to offend anyone, this is just my opinion.

Thanks for the input. I am netting out in the same place. We were in Aqua Class on our last cruise and loved Blu and the Persian Gardens. Other than that the only other perk we used was the bottled water so I am not sure paying more for Concierge class vs. a regular cabin would be worthwhile. I guess we'll either go Aqua Class or a regular cabin

We went on our very first cruise on the Solstice this Fall. We were in a concierge class cabin. We are simple folks I guess. To me, a shower head is not a reason to pay more. Nor does a "pillow menu" especially when the service onboard is so good you can get what you want regardless of where you stay. The hors d'œuvre were not a reason (not very good either) and the fresh fruit was never there, but we did not make an issue of it because you could get fruit any time in the buffet area. The cabins are exactly the same.

Never got VIP invites but did not care and, the champagne, while a nice gesture, if it was not there, it would not have been missed.

All this said, is the extra cost worth it? I think not, but I did meet folks who were adamant that concierge is the way to go. I believe it is to feed their ego as opposed to better service. To some, it seems that they need to be recognized for their status (Captains Club, Elite Concierge etc) and it is often mentioned innocuously in conversations LOL. I do not mean to offend anyone, this is just my opinion.

On Century the staterooms are the same size so the difference is priority embarkation (wasn't really priority because we were after a 50 member bridal party), priority tender (wasn't an issue since we did their excursion in Cayman), canapes (terrible, but we asked for a cheese platter), leather key card holder,nice tote, VIP invites (non on the shortie cruises), Sy Milk smoothies, and Champagne. We only paid $10.00pp ($20.00 total for the stateroom) to upgrade last year but won't pay $250.00pp this year for a 4 night cruise.

We've done Concierge Class a couple of times and loved it. For us, the biggest advantage was the full room service breakfast menu, and a veranda big enough to have breakfast on. Best part of the cruise, in my opinion.

We're trying Aqua Class in January. Celebrity told us it will have those same amenities. We're also anxious to try Blu, although I liked the late dinner in the main dining room on our two previous cruises (on Millennium and Constellation.)

We've done Concierge Class a couple of times and loved it. For us, the biggest advantage was the full room service breakfast menu, and a veranda big enough to have breakfast on. Best part of the cruise, in my opinion.

We're trying Aqua Class in January. Celebrity told us it will have those same amenities. We're also anxious to try Blu, although I liked the late dinner in the main dining room on our two previous cruises (on Millennium and Constellation.)

Does anyone have a copy of the Concierge Class full breakfast menu that thye can post on this forum?

Mnay thanks,

Bonnie

The cabins/balconies are the same size on the Solstice class ships. The extra cruise credit is nice if you are not already Elite. Not for the recognition, but all the excellent benefits. IMO, once you have enough credits, the C.C. might not be worth it.

Having been in many concierge cabins, the thing that drives me is location, location etc...especially the aft balconies on the M Class ships.

At first it was nice to get all those little extras but now it doesn't mean much to me, especially those awful canapees.

Now on the Solstice there are some wonderful locations on the hump that are 1A. Those are great.

Having been in many concierge cabins, the thing that drives me is location, location etc...especially the aft balconies on the M Class ships.

At first it was nice to get all those little extras but now it doesn't mean much to me, especially those awful canapees.

Now on the Solstice there are some wonderful locations on the hump that are 1A. Those are great.

Appreciate all of the comments on the concierge cabins. We're going on the Solstice in early Feb. and quite looking forward to the little extras. If we can get a good deal on a specialized cabin opportunity like concierge or a spa cabin, we like to try them -at least once! As for the canapes, as one person stated, you can certainly ask for an alternative.

As for the comment about the shower head, if any of you have a stand alone shower at home with more than one shower head, you'll readily agree that an upgraded shower head is a wonderful thing!

Appreciate all of the comments on the concierge cabins. We're going on the Solstice in early Feb. and quite looking forward to the little extras. If we can get a good deal on a specialized cabin opportunity like concierge or a spa cabin, we like to try them -at least once! As for the canapes, as one person stated, you can certainly ask for an alternative.

As for the comment about the shower head, if any of you have a stand alone shower at home with more than one shower head, you'll readily agree that an upgraded shower head is a wonderful thing!

the shower was the best part of being in AQ

the shower was the best part of being in AQ

Good to know! I don't know how I even got on this thread! I think the topic caught my eye! I've seen your comments on other threads. Where are you off to now Ellbon?

I couldn't seem to access the CC site for a couple of days for some reason so I had to re-register. When I went to use my "old" sign in name, I got a comment back that it was already taken so I chose this new one. My husband asked what I meant by "between there and here?" I told him that my mind is always on our next cruise-(and the one after that if truth be known)-and here, meaning my life at home. I'm sure that there are more like-minded thinkers out there in CC Land!

Good to know! I don't know how I even got on this thread! I think the topic caught my eye! I've seen your comments on other threads. Where are you off to now Ellbon?

I was in Fl for a weekend. driving back for the winter in 27 days for 17 long weeks. but 3.5 will be all cruising. i love to travel and i love to read so i read threads.

I couldn't seem to access the CC site for a couple of days for some reason so I had to re-register. When I went to use my "old" sign in name, I got a comment back that it was already taken so I chose this new one. My husband asked what I meant by "between there and here?" I told him that my mind is always on our next cruise-(and the one after that if truth be known)-and here, meaning my life at home. I'm sure that there are more like-minded thinkers out there in CC Land!

CC was very sick for days but my name still worked. so glad as it came from my real name Robin Ellen.

also booked for Alaska next summer.

Just off the Equniox, the only difference between CC and balcony cabins is location and a full breakfast menu in CC cabins.

We love having a full breakfast in our CC cabin so worth it for us.

Blue is only availabe to AQ and suites. We checked out Blue, we were not impressed with the room or decor by the way. I guess if one is looking for a smaller room with less guests it maybe a sell. Tables seemed very close together in Blue. Same is true for MDR.

We were not impressed with the service in the MDR, food was okay. Service was slow and there seemed to be lots of traffic of staff back and forth. We had a 4 top, for 2 near the Captain's Table in the MDR. After 5 nights, we decided to skip dinner entirely, we were not that hungry and service was not that great. So we simply did breakfast and lunch and shipped dinner and enjoyed the evening entertainment. Worked great for us.

We are seniors, generally eat breakfast, light lunch and early dinner at home. So basically had a good breakfast and lunch on the Equinox, that was really enough for us. Decided sitting in the MDR, having a light 1st course...... waiting for the main course while drinking wine and water for 45 minutes was less than desirable. It is easier to get to the evening entertainment when one is not committed to dinner. We enjoyed a nice late afternoon nap before dressing for the evening around 7pm each night. Very relaxing trip.

CC was very sick for days but my name still worked. so glad as it came from my real name Robin Ellen.

also booked for Alaska next summer.

Lucky you, escaping winter. But is Asheville really cold? I suppose it's all what you are used to. My husband isn't retired yet and I still have elderly family committments, so we still have to "embrace" the snow, crisp temperatures and at times, down right freezing days and nights of an Ontario winter!

So we are really looking forward to our Feb. cruise and a few days in Palm Beach!

True -- Concierge Class earns one extra credit.

Oh! That's nice..

Let me get this straight, does this mean that as this is my first X cruise, since I'm in a Concierge Class cabin after it's over it'll be as if I've cruised X twice? :o

If you were going on an M class ships then I would say yes, it is worth it (at least for us), mainly because of the larger cabin. The expanded breakfast menu helped too.

On Solstice we loved Aqua Class. But, if I wasn't in Aqua Class I would probably get the regular balcony cabin. Aqua class has Blu, cool shower, water, etc. But Blu really was the difference for us. Otherwise I think the only thing I gain by CC over regular is the better breakfast menu, cheap champagne, etc. so I would go regular.

So, M ship - yes worth it

Solstice class - no

enjoy,

Duane

Archived