EasyJet Venice to Rome

canuck.qc

Has anyone used this airline EasyJet. My T.A. says 'beware'

Their prices are far better than the common airlines.

For such a short flight I don't need frills etc... I have

to be at Rome (Fiumic) airport for a Mon. 15:00 flight home

to Quebec. Any other flight recomm.?

Thanks

I would recommend EasyJet. It is sort of like Southwest as you don't get an assigned seat, but nicer planes. Don't bother with the priority boarding as you will most likely be bused to plane as a group.

I am flying EasyJet again in November from Naples to Venice. They only allow one carryon whether that be a bag, laptop case, purse, etc. Only One. You have to pay to check your bags. 11 euros each. It is cheaper to book the baggage charge online then at the airport.

I would have no hesitation with booking them. I think your TA may have no experience with them and does not know anything about them.

We fly Easyjet often. At Thanksgiving, we're flying roundtrip to Greece from Rome for 4 days - all-in for €68 - that includes the €10 charge for luggage and the charge for credit card usage and all taxes and fees. We're also flying roundtrip to Venice in December, all-in for €55 ROUNDTRIP! The train is €61 ONE WAY in 2nd class from Rome. We've flown them to Madrid, Paris and other locations.

They are just like Southwest, as mentioned. For the short flights here in Europe, and for the savings, that's all you will need! I've never had a flight cancelled - only been delayed a few times - and unlike Alitalia, NEVER had my luggage lost! There are NO frills - you'll have to buy your coca-cola, sandwich, etc. but certainly safe, reliable, clean, and consistent.

You will pay EXTRA for everything... they offer first-on seating, exit row seating, additonal luggage, travel insurance, credit card usage, and other options when you purchase online and you have to pay EXTRA for ANY of these... So be careful as you book NOT to select these options if you want the best price! (Note: The insruance is ALREADY selected, so do "de-select" it to save you some money!).

Hope that help!

Ciao,

Ron in Rome!

Has anyone used this airline EasyJet. My T.A. says 'beware'

Their prices are far better than the common airlines.

For such a short flight I don't need frills etc... I have

to be at Rome (Fiumic) airport for a Mon. 15:00 flight home

to Quebec. Any other flight recomm.?

Thanks

They were just fine on a flight LGW->CIA(Rome Ciampino) a few years back. You pay for everything on board (water/coffee etc), but for 25GBP the price was right. Smallish luggage allowance (20kg IIRC), but we were right at the limit and they said nothing. If you expect to have more than that, be warned the price is 12€/kg which will add up VERY quickly.

They do operate into both Rome airports, so make sure you end up at the right place..

The other option is take the train. Venice train station is easy to get to, and trains are just over 4 hours to Rome Termini, plus another 30m on the Leonardo to get to the airport.

We use EasyJet regularly and in fact have 3 flights with them in the next few weeks. As other posts have said they are very strict about luggage allowances and also on gate and boarding times. as long as all your documentation is correct and oyu arrive before check in closes you'll be OK. We have never had any problems but those who are not best organised have had problems. Most of the bad vibes comes from a UK tv show called Airline which was all about EasyJet's customer service and how some people came unstuck.

My experience with easyjet was good. Started with a TA who priced a three leg trip at just under $1000. Then it got reduced to $580. Decided to book on line with Easyjet...$176. all in. It is a bus, not that much different from some of the US airlines( economy) that I have been on. As others have said, beware of your luggage weight and what the overage charges are. I think they make their money here. As for having to buy water etc on board..this does not bother me in the least. I would rather pay for water and get a large saving on my air fare. There are lots of discount carriers in Europe. The one thing you need to be aware of is schedule...they can sometimes be off sched so if you have a tightish connection on another airline/ticket you need to budget for this. The TA that we used did not like them for a simple, and very understandable reason..no commission. It got worse when we booked an on line hotel at AMS for half of what the TA quoted. It was our mistake, not the TA's. We should have done it on line in the first place.

We booked a flight from a UK airport with Easyjet for next Easter. Unfortunately a month later, Easyjet announced they were in consultation with their staff and planned to close their operations at this airport:eek:! We were then told we would have to wait until December (approx 4 months), until after the consultation period, to find out if we would be transferred to another airport or given a refund. Obviously, we were one of many PAX that had booked flights and were not sure if we'd got a flight or not. After lots of media pressure in the UK, Easyjet have now agreed to give refunds to all those that have booked flights from this airport as a goodwill gesture (NB.they had still been accepting bookings from this airport, eventhough they knew it would closing!) . We have now rebooked with another tour operator as we were concerned about transferring with Easyjet to another airport, especially as in their initial press release, Easyjet had said that there would be further changes to other UK airports. Apparently, they stated that UK airport taxes were so high, it was forcing them to transfer more of their operations to Europe. So with that said, you may be in a better position using them in Italy.

We used Easy Jet a few years ago when we broke away from a group tour. (Palermo/Catania to Roma)The flight was fine, but we had to pay about E100 for our baggage, as it was the suitcase for our whole trip ( 3 weeks) & we had no where to store it, so had to take it with us, on our side jaunt. On the return trip, I saved most of that fee, as I had bought a wheel on & put the heavy stuff on that. At that time, they were lax about heavy luggage as carry on. Nothing wrong with them at all.

Archived