what to do with many OBC's....?????

we have a good amount of OBC to use on our upcoming cruise. we plan to have a good time using them on the "refreshment" side of the trip but i was wondering if we could apply some to the gratuities, and maybe use some for a deposit on a future cruise. any suggestions?

we have a good amount of OBC to use on our upcoming cruise. we plan to have a good time using them on the "refreshment" side of the trip but i was wondering if we could apply some to the gratuities, and maybe use some for a deposit on a future cruise. any suggestions?

You can use the OBC for gratuities, but not for a deposit on a future cruise. However, if your OBC is refundable, then you should be able to get back any unused OBC, either in cash or a credit on your credit card.

If you have alot of OBC, don't book or pre-pay anything in advance! Anything you charge to your account will use up that OBC!

DITTO! That's what I'm doing-we have a lot of OBC-waiting to book all my shore excursions; speciality dining and other extra on board. I suggest going straigt to the shore excursion desk when you board to book whatever tours you want since they only hold a limited amount to be booked on board.

Happy cruising!

This is our seventh cruise, but first OBC. How will we know if any of it is refundable? Not sure we can enjoy that much libation...but my lovely wife might just find enough jewelry!

You can ask Guest Relations on the ship.

Or you can describe your specific OBC here and someone will tell you if it's refundable.

You can ask Guest Relations on the ship.

Or you can describe your specific OBC here and someone will tell you if it's refundable.

If it is from your travel agent or from points on a credit card, or from a price reduction after final payment, it is refundable. OBC from stockholder's benefit, booking on board, next cruise letter, they aren't. Be aware that if you have a combination of both, they will "use" the refundable ones before they get to the non-refundable ones. At least that is my understanding.

Tucker in Texas

Tucker is 100% right. Any OBC given to you by RCI must be used. Although, crown and anchor has told me that some ships do not enforce this. So I would suggest asking at the guest relations how much of your obc you can cash out. That said, we have $400 OBC that is in that category. That will cover all the tips for both of us, one excursion ( yes I will do one from the ship to use the OBC), and one meal at Chops and Portofino. Then we have 125 from out TA and another 250 from our visa royal rewards. That will go home with us, minus a few drinks on board.

If I book specialty restaurants online before the cruise, will my credit card be used at the time of booking or will it be charged to my Seapass at the time of use? I want to use my OBC to cover this charge.

Don't book anything ahead if you are trying to use up OBC's. Do it as soon as you are onboard so that it is charged to your seapass. Specialty restaurants, excursions, etc. booked in advance are charged to your credit card.

If it is from your travel agent or from points on a credit card, or from a price reduction after final payment, it is refundable. OBC from stockholder's benefit, booking on board, next cruise letter, they aren't. Be aware that if you have a combination of both, they will "use" the refundable ones before they get to the non-refundable ones. At least that is my understanding.

Tucker in Texas

And we were told just the opposite. OBC that is non-refundable is used first and then refundable is used last. Guess it depends on who you talk to at a particular time of day.

When you go to Guest Relations they can pull up your account and each OBC that is shown on their screen is coded either refundable or non-refundable.

On our Radiance b2b last April-May we had three dollars and some change left over after each cruise of non-refundable OBC and each amount appeared as a credit on our statement the following month.

Archived