Room help - Cat 6 Oceanview - Rooms 7006,7007,6004,6005

shoreboy

Booking on the Quest pretty far out. Usually get a Verandah room, however, last cruise we never once went out on it. Cat 6, Ocean view, rooms 7006, 7007, 6004, 6005 look like they might fit the bill. It says on the deck plan that these rooms have panaroma window with an obstructed view.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these rooms? Any comments or other recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

The cabins are a bit larger than the regular ov. The window is large round with an okay view. However, the cabin is very far forward. Be prepared to rock and roll. You will feel the motion. If you don't mind the motion, it may be a good choice. I'd pick a deck 4 midship for a better ride, unobstructed view, and a larger window. Also, deck 4 is a more central location. In most cases, deck 4 is also a better price.

These rooms have obstructed views because of the life boats. From what I have read the view is almost entirely blocked and the rooms are smaller.

Strange place for the lifeboats:eek:

The life boats are actually outside cabins 6030 to 6049 midships

http://www.azamaracruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000URVghIKgF7UzOFh800a1gwX:12odmems6?shipCode=JR&deckCode=06&sailDate=1091108

Here is what I think - some of the cat. notations (in the online booking section) are incorrect about location / window. The cat. 8 (the cheapest) are on deck 6, with obstucted view, panoramic window, and smaller sized cabin. Cat. 07 are on deck 3 with a porthole, regular sized cabin and Cat 6 are on deck 4, regular sized, with pan. window. I think if you pull up the deck plans - it will be clearer what is what.

Shoreboy,

Christine Frances is correct as to size (verandah room size but the verandah space is inside the cabin), and they have a large round picture window. I would like to address the location in the bow mentioned by RedTravel. Yes, they are forward but unless you have a huge problem with motion, the motion you feel, truly, isn't much different from the rest of the ship. These ships are not huge. I know this is just my opinion, but we always take a verandah cabin on deck 6 or 7 in the bow next to those cabins and love it there. It is quiet (although those on Deck 6 may hear some of the anchor noise when the ship is not docking in port) and comfortable and walking mid-ship or aft, I have never noticed much difference in motion. We have cruised on Oceania 9 times and Azamara 1 time. These 4 cabins sell out fast and if you don't want to spring for a verandah, I wouldn't let the thoughts of extra motion get in my way. Personally, I would prefer to up rather than on Deck 4 and never would I be on Deck 3. You are on a ship in the ocean and feeling motion is part of the cruise experience, a rough sea is going to be felt everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived