SD II November 29, ST. Maarten/San Juan, preview/review

Jim Avery

Tales of Disney Jen, Frequent Traveler, and Charlie was mentioned too. The dirt will follow.

Glad to hear that all is well, as usual, on board SD2. Feel free to keep the dirt to yourself, Jim, as I'm sure that nobody on this board is interested in that....

Right, DJ & FT???

Glad to hear that all is well, as usual, on board SD2. Feel free to keep the dirt to yourself, Jim, as I'm sure that nobody on this board is interested in that....

Right, DJ & FT???

Absolutely ctbjr:D

I mean who is interested in our little band of happy travelers:cool:

Right, DJ & FT???

definitely, and since I've sailed with Jim before, payback can be ugly.:D Besides, Captain T and rest of crew are the souls of discretion - motto is what happens on SD, stays on SD:D

FT

If they go to Peter Island, plan on a "sea day". You can only go to this dark, rocky beach, not to the resort side of the island. But they do put out the non-motorized toys, so some fun can be had. But don't dare to climb on the toys that are moored at the beach, otherwise a rather belligerent gentleman will come running out demanding to be paid $10, per person...

If they go to Peter Island, plan on a "sea day". You can only go to this dark, rocky beach, not to the resort side of the island. But they do put out the non-motorized toys, so some fun can be had. But don't dare to climb on the toys that are moored at the beach, otherwise a rather belligerent gentleman will come running out demanding to be paid $10, per person...

Actually there are two places that we have been anchored off Peter Island. One is at the Ocean's Seven Beach where we had our champagne and caviar splash and we were permitted to use the toys there. Not sure about what happened when you were there Ragnar:confused:

The other spot is at White Bay on Peter Island which is just lovely.

We have stayed at the Peter Island Resort. It is lovely but expensive!

Emailed with ganttc again today. I informed him that his presence on this board is mandatory. LOL I don't care how many poolside or TOYB cocktails he's had. :D

He said he'd try to post something soon. I can tell you they're having a fabulous time. I'm jealous.

Glad things are going great Jim. We have been watching the weather forcast and I was afraid it was rainy. I made the mistake of telling Mrs Artlee that the long term forcast was for rain and she quickly started panicing.

Glad things are going great Jim. We have been watching the weather forcast and I was afraid it was rainy. I made the mistake of telling Mrs Artlee that the long term forcast was for rain and she quickly started panicing.

You can NEVER trust the Caribbean weather forecast that we get here in the States. It will say rain every day:p

Tell Mrs. Artlee not to worry ... it's not rain, it's liquid sunshine mon:D

so just in case, is there enough outside cover to sit outside if it rains?

The TOY Bar is covered but that is about it in terms of outside spaces. Seriously, I would NOT worry about the weather! DJ's DH and I have spent a lot of time in the Caribbean in various seasons/months. If there is rain it tends to be a night and it tends to move quickly.

One of the many wonderful things about being on SD is that the captain will do his absolute best to give you the best weather and seas! It's not like the mass market lines where you are locked into ports.

Please don't worry about the weather!!

Jim - enjoyed your brief update. Check back in when you have the chance. I love children, but I agree that larger ships would be better suited for them.

Also agree with Jen that weather dot com shows rain every day in most Caribbean ports o' call irregardless of the season. If you understand their focus is the lower 48, you'll take their forecast for any other location with a grain of salt.

Hope you'll report again soon!

OK folks. Thanks for the assurance! I am soooooo excited. This time tomorrow we will be up and getting ready to go to the airport!! WOOHOO. After reading about Jim's fun with the airlines on the way down, I am so glad that everyone had enouraged me to book my flight down the day before. Thanks to all for that. I will have a full report, that I can promise.

Glad we could help artlee!

Looking forward to you report as well!!

Will be interesting to learn where SD2 ends up today if Anegada is a no go. Wonder if it will be Norman Island or Virgin Gorda. Either are lovely locations in the BVI!

In cabin now....had to do some darn work emails. Can't stay long.

Change of plans today...Anegada seas too rough. Capt. Tysse punted, now docked in Virgin Gorda. As I just emailed to Carole, so far it doesn't suck.....too much.

My complaint list about this trip is zippo.

Other than Jim and Lois being in their beddie right after dinner.

What whimps.

Running to breakfast and then....who knows......no one signed up for excusion today, so I guess a cab to look around the island.

In cabin now....had to do some darn work emails. Can't stay long.

Change of plans today...Anegada seas too rough. Capt. Tysse punted, now docked in Virgin Gorda. As I just emailed to Carole, so far it doesn't suck.....too much.

My complaint list about this trip is zippo.

Other than Jim and Lois being in their beddie right after dinner.

What whimps.

Running to breakfast and then....who knows......no one signed up for excusion today, so I guess a cab to look around the island.

Gantt is such a s**t puppy:D I have been infirm. Cut my left thumb off with a circular saw 2 weeks before departure. More on that later--a stupid boy trick. Am feeling much better. And, as you know, "after dinner" means 10-10:30 anyway. As Gantt said, Anegada was cancelled due to swells. Also, and a first that I have seen, the Baths are closed due to swells and surf. That is not to say we are having bad weather, were not. It is beautiful. Lots of sun and puffy clouds. Mid to high 80s and a great anchorage at Virgin Gorda. Capt. T has chosen routes that have minimal motion. There must be a heck of a storm somewhere out in the Atlantic to produce swells on the exposed shores. Anyway, the schedule today is Breakfast (done that) Bali Bed or pool side. Lunch. Bali Bed or poolside. Passarounds. Bali Bed or poolside. Cocktail party. Dinner. FOXYS.:eek: Tomorrow is a tough day: Breakfast. 9:00 massage. 10:00 print boarding passes (ugh). 11:00 tender to White Bay for a painkiller at Soggy Dollar and a beer at One Love. 12:00 Champagne and Caviar Splash. After that, who knows. In all, this has been a great one. Very good passenger mix--even Gantt.:p FT, (also known as she who must be obeyed), I will be discreet with the Teresa stories. Also there was an "altercation" that necessitated a hospital run and delayed sailing from St. Barts. Will find out more for you. Just so you know, in addition to the past passengers 15% discount for spa stuff, we received a $200 gift credit from SD! Are doing the Swedish Massage and have not chosen one of your squid wrap options. Just call me old fashioned. Ok, a Bloody Mary is calling. Don't know if any more time is left on the card but a full review to come. There is some issue as to the re stocking in San Juan. There does not seem to be enough drink in town to replace the ships stores. Sorry Artlee.

All the best,

Jim & Lois.

. Just so you know, in addition to the past passengers 15% discount for spa stuff, we received a $200 gift credit from SD! . . . . . There is some issue as to the re stocking in San Juan. There does not seem to be enough drink in town to replace the ships stores. Sorry Artlee.

All the best,

Jim & Lois.

I am so excited -- I forgot about the 15% spa discount and I hope the $200 gift credit continues . . . .

Don't scare Artlee that way. If they can restock in San Juan after our crossing escapades, the provision master will find a way to restock the alcohol.

Sorry you have to get off -- I really recommend trying to hide in the golf simulator. :D

FT

Thanks for checking ganttc and Jim!

There are two storm systems in the gulf that are creating all sort of havoc and it looks like it is going to be our NEXT nor'easter. Can't believe how many we have had so far this year. Not to worry when Capt. T is at the helm. He certainly has a knack for avoiding motion in the ocean!

You schedule sounds a lot like my schedule on Champagne and Caviar Splash day Jim! As a matter of fact we usually retreat to yacht and our Bali beds right after the wonderful lunch. The yacht really feels like your own then!

Yikes on the altercation:eek: Hope everyone is okay.

Art - not only do you have to worry about weather, now you have to worry about cocktails, too. :eek: Just kidding!:D

ganttc told me that the weather reports for his voyage all indicated rain, but he's not seen a drop.

All kidding aside, you have nothing to worry about. Do be sure to check-in here and let us know how you & the Mrs. are doing. You can email me, too. ;)

Now that is just down right mean Jim!!

If I have to smuggle something on board it will not be beneath me. I feel like a 5 year old before Christmas! I am trying to think of work, but it is a lost cause.

Have fun Jim! I'll bring my own booze if you drain them, lol.

All remains well on SDII...Enroute to Jost van Dyke now. Jim and Lois may have turned to stone - as I am not certain they moved at all today. RollTide and hubby definitely in the swing of things. Virgin Gorda was great. Wish all the punch drinkers were drinking with us on board today! Ref Mr. Jims snide comments....well, I'm going to be nice....for now.....for Lois' sake....

All remains well on SDII...Enroute to Jost van Dyke now. Jim and Lois may have turned to stone - as I am not certain they moved at all today. RollTide and hubby definitely in the swing of things. Virgin Gorda was great. Wish all the punch drinkers were drinking with us on board today! Ref Mr. Jims snide comments....well, I'm going to be nice....for now.....for Lois' sake....

Will there be a Foxy's run this evening?

Guess I need to crank up my Kenny Chesney's "Somewhere in the Sun" ... you know the part that says ...

"Oh I wish I was there tonight on Jost Van Dyke

"Sipping on some Foxy's Firewater rum

"Or kickin' back with Ivan

"With all my friends down in the islands

"Wouldn't take much for me to up and run

"To another life somewhere in the sun"

You will have a fabulous time tomorrow! The champagne and caviar splash is always the highlight ... and nothing better than when it is on Jost!

Just back from the massage. Can barely typee.:D Weather is beautiful again. Mr. Gantt, also known as "ants in his pants" as he cannot sit still. Mistakes inactivity for lack of effort. A professional makes it look easy. Gantt, dont even try. We would have to call a medevac for you or at least The Scooter Store.:eek: Actually, Gantt is going to be a great addition to the posters here and Lois and I have very much enjoyed cruising with Gantt and Ted, Meg and Philip as well as the rest of a very good bunch aboard. Hey, the Owners Suite is occupied this week by our very own Mr. & Mrs. RollTide1. So, am running out of minutes and the Zodiacs await. Will catch up in a few days but short version-probably the best yet. Safe travels to all the CCers and hope we will sail again soon.

All the best,

Jim & Lois.