Calling All Sweet-Smelling Ladies! What is Your Signature Fragrance?

TerriSea

I used to wear Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist exclusively, but last year I discovered Dole and Gabana's Light Blue and I alternate between the two. Light blue has a citrus tone that my DH loves. Cashmere Mist is very light so it's great for work.

Also, when you shop for perfume, you should stop after just a few because your nose pretty much quits being able to really differentiate after 4-5 scents and you'll end up with something totally different than you thought.

I love Viktor Rolf Flower Bomb - I tried it on 2 years ago in Minneapolis when I was at a conference (I am from Canada), thought about it all year, and then bought it when I was there the next year.

It is very convenient for cruising because it also comes in a small purse-size spray, in a black velvet container, and you can refill it from 3 different vials with a little funnel. Very cute and convenient.

I used to love Must de Cartier Parfum, but then I developed allergies to perfumes. It is really hard to avoid perfume because so many people wear it. I did find one scent that I can wear: Origins Ginger with a Twist cologne, and I can use L'Occitane's lavender-scented products.

I remember reading about scents on here over the years.

Interesting names and brands. Out of 30 posts (prior to mine)

all of you wear some type of fragrance.

I have never worn fragrance. Don't own any now either. I must be

in the minority. I don't like floral and don't like sweet. I don't want

to smell musky either. Something clean would be my choice but I guess

I just really don't care enough about it to go searching;)

Christian Dior's ..Dolce Vita .. a soft clean scent that DH loves...I have been asked many times the name of my perfume. I am always taken of aback when a stranger asks.. my biggest fear is that it is too strong . I do apply sparingly.. When I ask " It's not too strong is it.? " The reply is usually "No,no it's lovely ,what is it ? Whew !:D

Body chemistry plays such a huge part on how a fragance will perform.

What smells wonderful on one person can smell like fly tox on another:D

It can be quite a search to find your signature scent....when you do , you live in fear it will one day be discontinued :)

Just for fun ,have you ever asked a stranger what scent they are wearing?

Colleen

My two favorite scents are baby oil, so I stick with Love's Baby Soft (from any drug store) and the other is that coconut scent you get from tanning lotion, but I can't find a perfume to duplicate that. I know I'll probably have to give up on these when I hit 35.

I'm also a "like but don't love" on Daisy. My current favourite is Jo Malone's Lime, Basil and Mandarin, and I also like Annick Goutal's Orange Blossom. I love Coco Mademoiselle on my mum, but sadly it smells dire on me - definitely one to try out.

If you are in the mood to flirt with a few different perfumes, I'd recommend ordering the samples box from Miller Harris; there are some fabulous choices there, and you get the chance to try them all. Lasts for ages too...

My two favorite scents are baby oil, so I stick with Love's Baby Soft (from any drug store) and the other is that coconut scent you get from tanning lotion, but I can't find a perfume to duplicate that. I know I'll probably have to give up on these when I hit 35.

Wow, Love's Baby Soft is what I wore in the early - mid 70's when I was in Jr. High/High School. I didn't even know they still made it. I loved the scent, but after having two babies, I decided I didn't want to smell like one of them anymore.;)

All scents are different on every person's individual chemistry.

That is definitely the truth, my mum wears Emeraude sometimes and it smells fantastic, on me it smells like a cat peed in my shoes or something :(

I liked Calandre back in the 70s/80s but they stopped making it. Now I wear cedar oil or a flavor extract from King Arthur Flour called Fiore di Sicilia, it is a vanilla citrus scent that men adore :D and it smells absolutely fantastic on me.

In the early 80s' Loves Baby Soft was my first foray into perfume. Then it was Safari (I think that was the name)-Ralph Lauren maybe-then Clinique Happy. Something happened as I became older, I can't wear perfumes or be around people wearing them strongly - I get a headache. So no more perfume for me.

I find it impossible to have just one signature scent! I love perfumes and love the bottles too. I have purchased so many from cheap ones at Wal Mart to the very expensive... and really like them all. My current favorite is Vera Wang Princess. Its soft and light, and someone always asks me what perfume I'm wearing... I also like Euphoria. My daughter just got Lolita Lempicka and that is really nice as well.... I'm a big help, huh? :rolleyes:

In warm weather, I enjoy an 'oldie but goodie' and use L'Air du Temps. I apply it very lightly and it's just a soft frangrance, on me. All scents are different on every person's individual chemistry.

I had an aunt I loved dearly who wore L'aire du Temps. If someone with a similar body chemistry is wearing it and I am nearby, I tend to cry because I miss her. One of my closest friends, however, wears it and it smells so different on her that I don't miss my aunt at all.

Yves St. Laurent's Opium -- I've worn it since college and always get compliments on it. Still haven't tired of it, either. I did try Thierry Mugler's Angel for a change and liked it but it's a little too popular for me. I prefer not to have people compliment the perfume ("Oh, I love Angel, too!") but me in the perfume ("Oh, you smell lovely!").

I've been wearing Opium since its debut about 35 years ago. It is most definitely my "signature" fragrance. I tried changing but the kids said I didn' t smell like their mother and the dog growled at me like I was a stranger.

The husband I am married to now has never smelled anything else on me. I think he'd growl, too, if I changed fragrances.

On my last cruise I was disappointed that the store on the ship no longer carries Opium.

I, too, get the "you smell lovely" with the Opium. There are only certain body chemistries that can wear it well.

In warm weather, I enjoy an 'oldie but goodie' and use L'Air du Temps. I apply it very lightly and it's just a soft frangrance, on me. All scents are different on every person's individual chemistry.

I adore L'Air du Temps and have worn it for 35 years!!!!

I also wear Chloe and Oscar de la Renta (a favorite).

I still have a warm spot for Chanel #5 but haven't bought it in a while and I used to love Shalimar until it started smelling like vanilla extract to my nose......:p

I tend to only wear one fragrance and for the last several years it's been Dior's Dune. I always restock in the Caribbean and am going to do that when we sail on Serenade.

I'm definitely a spicy Oriental sort of girl -- love sandalwood, amber, patchouli, and musk combinations -- and have wondered about Karan's Cashmere Mist. I notice several of you have mentioned it -- is it an Oriental?

Archived