Full Facial Wax

If the OP is talking about the very fine, very light, peach fuzz that can grow along the sides of the face, then I'm not sure lasers would work--I thought they only worked on darker hair. Maybe there's something new?

In my sixties now, I've developed that peach fuzz along the sides of my face, like my mother has--I thought I might escape it--no such luck.

I don't like it, but I'm not sure others would really notice it unless at a very close range.

I've only waxed the eyebrow area--I'd like to know too how it works on peach fuzz.

If the OP is talking about the very fine, very light, peach fuzz that can grow along the sides of the face, then I'm not sure lasers would work--I thought they only worked on darker hair. Maybe there's something new?

In my sixties now, I've developed that peach fuzz along the sides of my face, like my mother has--I thought I might escape it--no such luck.

I don't like it, but I'm not sure others would really notice it unless at a very close range.

I've only waxed the eyebrow area--I'd like to know too how it works on peach fuzz.

This is exactly what I am talking about. I just want a quick fix for my upcoming cruise. I hope it would not grow back in thicker if I had a full face waxing done.

I doubt it would grow in thicker, waxing, cutting, shaving, etc... does not create hair follicles.

I've only done my brows in the past, but if I had a lot of facial hair I wouldn't hesitate to have it waxed. You should not experience stubble, as the hair will grow out tapered rather that a blunt cut edge. Since hair follicles grow out at different rates, it should never appear as a growth such as a mans beard. I don't have any experience in facial hair wax removal, but as a licensed barber (no longer practising) I did a lot of shaves in past years and did study hair follicles.

I would speak with a person specializing in waxing, your type of skin, coarsness of hair plus other factors may play into it. While we all try to help, anonymous suggestions from lay people who can't see you can give poor advice, although well meaning.

My sister had a facial waxing a few years ago and was unhappy with the results. It looked fine until the hair started growing back. She felt that it was "stubbier" than it was pre waxing, and had to keep having the waxing done to avoid looking worse than before.

More than likely this was just regrowth and having the skin smooth and hairless she would notice this more. If she had waited a few weeks, it would have seemed to smooth out as it filled in. This is exactly what I wrote about, the fact that the hair follicles grow at different rates of speed. She was merely feeling the first regrowth.

I doubt it would grow in thicker, waxing, cutting, shaving, etc....

This is always said, but I just don't buy it. Have you ever, I mean ever, known someone who shaved, waxed, etc and had fine, hair grow back? I don't think your face is where you want to test this.

As a woman undergoing laser treatment for severe facial hair, I would recommend living with a small amount of blonde fuzz. If it is dark colored you can get laser treatments, but it is pricey and painful, but worth it IMO.

Okay, just did a search and did not find it. How many women have had a full facial wax to get rid of the fuzz? Do you recommend it? I have a very fuzzy fine haired face and was wondering if this is a good option for me.

Thank you for your imput!

Have now for many months used something called EPICARE and believe it is the BEST thing i have ever used for facial hair remover.

It is like a roll of fine wire you roll over your face and it lifts out hairs !! It does hurt but you DO get used to this.

I am in my 60s with quite dark facial hair and this thing has given me back my self confidence. I can do it anywhere and never need to use a mirror like you do with tweezers. Of course you dont get all out but most of the majority comeout and you can tweezer any stragglers !!!

Google EPICARE and read about it. I bought mine on EBAY.

Hope this helps it REALLY works

Mine is a white, soft down, and I get it waxed about every six weeks. Laser doesn't work on this type of hair. It grows back the same, not darker, not coarse.

I love the way it feels right after waxing. So smooth.

Have now for many months used something called EPICARE and believe it is the BEST thing i have ever used for facial hair remover.

It is like a roll of fine wire you roll over your face and it lifts out hairs !! It does hurt but you DO get used to this.

I am in my 60s with quite dark facial hair and this thing has given me back my self confidence. I can do it anywhere and never need to use a mirror like you do with tweezers. Of course you dont get all out but most of the majority comeout and you can tweezer any stragglers !!!

Google EPICARE and read about it. I bought mine on EBAY.

Hope this helps it REALLY works

I just ordered it. For the $4.35 I have nothing to loose.

Thanks all! I knew I can count on CC'ers:D

I heard of a product called Magic, for hair removal, on the boards. I bought some and it really does a good job. I buy it at Rite Aid and it is in the section where you would find hair care products for African Americans. It is used on the men's heads when they want a smooth bald look. It isn't very expensive.

This is always said, but I just don't buy it. Have you ever, I mean ever, known someone who shaved, waxed, etc and had fine, hair grow back? I don't think your face is where you want to test this.

As a woman undergoing laser treatment for severe facial hair, I would recommend living with a small amount of blonde fuzz. If it is dark colored you can get laser treatments, but it is pricey and painful, but worth it IMO.

If this were the case, I'd shave my head tomorrow. I have some of the finest hair on earth and no amount of shaving my head would create a thicker or coarser head of hair. It will eventually be the same as it was.

It would be the same with leg, facial, arm or any hair on your body. It just appears to be coarser while growing in, but once it has grown in completely it will be the same as it originally was. Believe me, you cannot change the hair follicle by pulling the hair out, cutting it off or shaving it, it's not possible.

I would make an appointment with a dermatologist -- it is possible that a hormone imbalance or side effects from medications could cause increased facial hair. There are prescription creams and procedures like laser hair removal that would not be a "quick fix", but would help in the long term.

I'm an esthetician who has done a lot of body waxing, including faces. The hair will not grow back stubbly/thicker/coarser. Waxing removes the hair from the follicle (unlike shaving which whacks it off at the skin). The hair will then re-grow from the follicle outward, and will grow out soft, not stiff. It is very common after facial waxing to have a mild acne-like break out for a few days, (from stirring up the skin bacteria harbored in the follicle), so you would definitely want to wax approx. a week before any event. As with any waxing, go to someone who is experienced and is very cautious about infection control. And, do not get waxed if you take any medication that can thin the skin (Prednisone, Accutane, etc.) or if you use retinoids (Retin-A, Tazarac, etc.) or have recently had a cosmetic peel. I'm in my early 50's, and have noticed facial hair growth (the fine, downy type) brought on by hormonal changes. I wax my lower face/lip line every 3-4 weeks--your face will feel incredibly smooth without the little covering of hair.

Archived