Would you be attracted to a ship that had a larger pool?

Nunu

It didn't matter to me when I was new to cruising, but I now prefer a large pool. I don't need it to swim, but deep and wide and longer would be nice.

This was a nice find years ago on the NCL Seaward, and now what we have on the Royal Caribbean ships.

Why Carnival continues to make bathtubs makes me scratch my head.

3 pools and 3 jacuzzis in my condo complex . . . have never been in a cruise ship pool or jacuzzi. I live a mile from Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor so the water slide just doesn't have much luster either. :D

I'm guessing the pools are for the snow bunnies who have been suffering from "cabin fever" and even a postage stamp-sized pool relieves that affliction, apparently. :)

As another poster has suggested the weight of a huge pool on top of the ship, that far away from the fulcrum could pose a real stability problem.

I wouldn't mind it -- a deeper, wider, larger pool. Especially deeper to keep the kiddies out of it. ;)

I have a pool in the backyard and still enjoy using it, just as I enjoy using the pool on the ship (when it's not uber crowded). Ultimately though, it's not a deal-breaker.

Of all the Carnival ships I think Spirit Class have the nicest pool areas. I am not sure why they stopped making them that way but Carnival still can't hold a candle to RCCL pools, at least on their big ships. It was the only thing I liked about those big ships but I am a person that likes to sit on the edge and dangle my feet in the water. It is nice to have plenty of room on the sides to do that. Having 2 pool sections is nicer so you can pick where you want to be and not be so crowded.

About to take cruise number 9 and have never used the pools. Before every cruise we say we'll go to the pool but then for one reason or another we never do.

We will be a deck above the Lido and two below the Serenity on our Dream cruise. Planning to use the Serenity and may even try the hot tubs but still doubt if we use the pools.

The old Cunard ships Queen Mary, Elizabeth had a larger pool, lower in the belly of the ships, that didn't invite loungers, or babies. And for swimmers that would be wonderful! Babies can still go up to the "baby pool" and pee up there, and the loungers can still lounge in the sunshine, but it would be nice to have a swimming pool for swimmers. Of course that was back in the days, when swimming is what you did for exercise, not to hang out and drink all day, or not a place to drop the kids off. It was for swimming. Now while cruises have lots of activities to pass the hours, exercise unless it's aerobics, seems to have fallen by the way side.

From the QE, the pool had sea water in it. What kept my brother out of it was a rather large squid.

I don't think a ship with a bigger pool would necessarily be a must-do for me. It would be nice to have if it were convenient for me, but I'd be okay without it. It's funny that most of us always hang out by the pool, but can probably count on one hand the number of times that we actually get in the water.:p I just like to dip in every now and again to cool off.

I never think of swimming as a part of a cruise, except in port. I figure that any ship large enough to have a larger pool will also have more people to put in it. However, if you stay on board during a port day, you will find some swim-able pools on RCI's Voyager, Freedom, and [presumably] Oasis class ships.

I restrict my water activities to beaches ashore.

I have no interest being in the pool where several hundred people are and that is usually loaded with kids.

It sort of creeps me out....but, I don't like public swimming pools of any kind.:eek:

And, I'd never, ever go in a hot tub on a ship.....

Archived