Would you be attracted to a ship that had a larger pool?

Nunu

Does swimming on a ship hold any attraction to you? Or are you happy bobbing around like a sardine in the tiny pools. Would you lean towards a ship that had a nice sized pool that you could actually swim in? :confused:

Does swimming on a ship hold any attraction to you? Or are you happy bobbing around like a sardine in the tiny pools. Would you lean towards a ship that had a nice sized pool that you could actually swim in? :confused:

I think I was fine with existing pools till I read your "bouncing around like a sardine" line:D. But on a more serious note, small pools on sea days do get very crowded. Would larger be better.....yes. Actual swimming, I find hard to conceptualize on a cruise ship.

I would love a bigger pool. I wouldn't travel way out of the way to get on a ship with one....but it would be nice to have for sure. :)

I would like a pool I could actually swim some laps in. I'm not talking Olympic size or anything, but something of a decent size would be nice. That said, I've never had a bad experience on a cruise just because there wasn't one, there are plenty of activities to keep me busy.

After reading some of the replies, I had a another thought. We tend to stay away from the main pool (which would probably be the largest pool on the ship) to stay away from the crowds. As a result, we end up around the smallest pool.

In all the years we have cruised, we have never stepped foot into a ships pool. Too many kids and the sanitation issue. Even the hot tubs can become iffy sometimes and we limit the use to the adult only hot tub. So my answer is no, the swimming pool holds not attraction for us.

I would love a bigger pool. I wouldn't travel way out of the way to get on a ship with one....but it would be nice to have for sure. :)
What she said.

But it would be pointless having one large enough to swim in, unless it had lanes reserved to do so. Can't really swim when there's a hundred kids in the pool!

Which is why I hung out in the aft adults only sardine tin. :D

3 cruises... I have not even touched the water in a cruise ship pool. I probably won't go in any of the Splendor pools next month. If I don't have my son or my nephews... I couidn't care less about a pool.

Heck, the swimming pool in my backyard has lost its attraction! :D

Heck, the swimming pool in my backyard has lost its attraction! :D

I was just talking the wife about removing the pool since the kids are grown/almost grown.. I think I get in it about 3-4 times a year... about $300 a dip... WOW that's a cruise for 2!

I was just talking the wife about removing the pool since the kids are grown/almost grown.. I think I get in it about 3-4 times a year... about $300 a dip... WOW that's a cruise for 2!

LOL I hear you. Too bad taking it out also takes out some of the property value.

Would you lean towards a ship that had a nice sized pool that you could actually swim in? :confused:

What cruise line / ship's have a "nice sized" pool and how large is it?

I believe one of the reasons for a smaller pool size has to do with the passenger safety, and the ships stability. In rough sea's the slosh factor would be tremendous. In addition water is very, very heavy. Placing a large pool on the top of a cruise ship is probably one of the dumbest things one can do as far as ship's stability. Just the water in a "small" Carnival-sized pool weighs about 50 tons.

An Olympic sized pool (or 3) on the Lido deck would be a" Poseidon adventure" in the making.

What cruise line / ship's have a "nice sized" pool and how large is it?

I believe one of the reasons for a smaller pool size has to do with the passenger safety, and the ships stability. In rough sea's the slosh factor would be tremendous. In addition water is very, very heavy. Placing a large pool on the top of a cruise ship is probably one of the dumbest things one can do as far as ship's stability. Just the water in a "small" Carnival-sized pool weighs about 50 tons.

An Olympic sized pool (or 3) on the Lido deck would be a" Poseidon adventure" in the making.

Dunno. I've never set foot in one I just ask the questions. ;)

Archived