luggage tag name doenst match passport

waiting2go

If you input your wife's nickname instead of her legal name on your booking, it's a problem. Nobody cares how the luggage tags read, but those are generated off the booking data and that DOES matter. You need to contact RCCL and get your wife's name corrected; depending on how soon your cruise is this may or may not incur a change fee.

We just completed our very first cruise in October 2009 on the Liberty of the Seas. Our last name is McGue, and when we received our cruise documents last name was shown as "Mcgue", which doesn't match what is on our passports. We were so anxious about avoiding problems on the first cruise, we called the Customer Service number and they assured us it would not be a problem, and it was not. I realize this is different than using Cindy instead of Cynthia.

By the way, we loved our cruise, and cannot wait to go again!

If it's wrong on the tags, it's definitely wrong on the documents.

To the OP. It sure does matter. Fix it.

It does matter. It has to match your Passport or ID you are using to board.

They had my name spelled wrong on my Docs once.

I had put it in their system correctly when I gave it to their agent on booking. It was always on my invoices correctly.

I called RCCL and told them my Docs were wrong. I was told, "thank you for correcting it before I got to the pier with them". It could have caused a longer boarding process for me.

If it's wrong on the tags, it's definitely wrong on the documents.

To the OP. It sure does matter. Fix it.

That wasn't the case for us when we sailed on Explorer recently. Odd as it may seem...the luggage tags had a nickname on them while the docs were fine with the full name.

Look at the cruise documents...that is what matters...the Set Sail pass...as long as that is right, all will be well. :)

Archived