How many ships in port?

niceneasy

I am not aware of a site which will provide specfics for all ports and all ships as to precisely the port they will dock in. For your own ship, check with the cruise line.

Another one to look at is http://www.cruisereport.com/PortsOfCallList.aspx

But both this site and the one that wwinfl91 provided are not 100% accurate. Sometimes you can also do a google search for the particular port of call and it's official port home page will provide information as well. This works for selected ports of call around the world.

Keith

When doing our Med cruise, all the mainstream ships we are familiar with here were at the ports as reported by Cruisett. Howev er there were always European cruiseline ships in the ports that we hadn't expected.

Keith is right. You can google most ports and get scheduled arrivals.

I see this question posted frequently. Why do so many people want to know which ships will be in port? It really makes no difference. Why not "go on deck and look"?

For some ports, especially in Europe, it is nice to know what the crowd level will be as that can deternmine if you rush off the ship or have the time to relax knowing your shipload is the only cruisers you have to contend with. For example in Santorini where the number of cabs available is ridiculously small, knowing there were 3 other ships in port ahead of time, would tell me to either head off the ship quickly or prearrange some kind of transportation at that island.

For the Caribbean too, at some stops like Curacao, Virgin Gorda, St. Barts, Grand Turk.. the number of prople disembarking can have quite an impact on my planned vist. It DOES matter sometimes.

Google the web site for each of the ports you’ll be visiting. Many of them have ship schedules showing what ships will be in port on each day.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07, Westerdam ‘09

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Pending Cruises:

Crystal – Serenity, December 10, 2009

Oceania – Insignia, June 17, 2010

For some ports, especially in Europe, it is nice to know what the crowd level will be as that can deternmine if you rush off the ship or have the time to relax knowing your shipload is the only cruisers you have to contend with. For example in Santorini where the number of cabs available is ridiculously small, knowing there were 3 other ships in port ahead of time, would tell me to either head off the ship quickly or prearrange some kind of transportation at that island.

For the Caribbean too, at some stops like Curacao, Virgin Gorda, St. Barts, Grand Turk.. the number of prople disembarking can have quite an impact on my planned vist. It DOES matter sometimes.

Your reason understood. But the all-ports web sites quoted, as another poster has mentioned, only list US ships and very occasionally a european ship just to confuse you. For your purposes you need to check the individual ports' web sites - and of course bear in mind that circumstances/movements change John Bull

• 3 months later...

Archived