Flight changed to 11:30 AM from Miami

burm

I received notification today that my fllight from Miami was changed from 1:30 PM to 11:30 AM. I have never had a flight changed to an earlier time before. :confused: If disembarkation goes smoothly this time would be perfect but I really hate to cut things so close.

At this point I do not know what alternate arragements I could make or what the penalty would be to change since they re-scheduled on me. I will wait to see what you wise people say before I call NWA. :)

I received notification today that my fllight from Miami was changed from 1:30 PM to 11:30 AM. I have never had a flight changed to an earlier time before. :confused: If disembarkation goes smoothly this time would be perfect but I really hate to cut things so close.

At this point I do not know what alternate arragements I could make or what the penalty would be to change since they re-scheduled on me. I will wait to see what you wise people say before I call NWA. :)

99% of the time you will be fine! Just make sure you let the ship staff know about your early flight. Take a taxi. (we always come in a couple of days early and get a post cruise hotel -- prefer early morning flights anyway)

Enjoy!

Kel:)

99% of the time you will be fine! Just make sure you let the ship staff know about your early flight. Take a taxi. (we always come in a couple of days early and get a post cruise hotel -- prefer early morning flights anyway)

Enjoy!

Kel:)

This will be our first time out of Miami. Is it as easy to catch a cab as it is from Port Everglades?

Did you check on the airline website to see what other flights are available that day?

You can call the airline & ask for a flight later than what they have changed it to usually no charge.

We have disembarked in Miami a couple of times ...we were off before 10 am at the latest so it is possible to make the flight if you can get off with the first group.

Taxis are there but sometime you need a referee to get one

Lyn

Did you check on the airline website to see what other flights are available that day?

You can call the airline & ask for a flight later than what they have changed it to usually no charge.

We have disembarked in Miami a couple of times ...we were off before 10 am at the latest so it is possible to make the flight if you can get off with the first group.

Taxis are there but sometime you need a referee to get one

Lyn

There appears to be a 3:30PM flight. Not bad but a long wait at the airport and we would get home late at night.

I will have to make some phone calls tomorrow.

There appears to be a 3:30PM flight. Not bad but a long wait at the airport and we would get home late at night.

I will have to make some phone calls tomorrow.

As Lyn said - since the airline made the changes you can change to a later flight without penalty (at least you can on AA). There may be a time limit on how long after you were told of the changes you can change your flights for free.

I think you should be fine at 11:30 if you disembark early (and the ship comes in on time :)).

If you don't like to be stress out, get the later flight and do a tour of Miami with a drop off at the airport (with ship or privately).

As Lyn said - since the airline made the changes you can change to a later flight without penalty (at least you can on AA). There may be a time limit on how long after you were told of the changes you can change your flights for free.

I think you should be fine at 11:30 if you disembark early (and the ship comes in on time :)).

If you don't like to be stress out, get the later flight and do a tour of Miami with a drop off at the airport (with ship or privately).

O does not offer tours on the day of disembarkation, do they? I have found them very convenient on other lines but there are non listed with the other tour options for our O cruise.

Assuming they do not, what would the best way be to take a tour of Miami from the port? A 3hr tour by taxi would be astronomically expensive.

Are there private touring companies at the port?

O does not offer tours on the day of disembarkation, do they? I have found them very convenient on other lines but there are non listed with the other tour options for our O cruise.

Assuming they do not, what would the best way be to take a tour of Miami from the port? A 3hr tour by taxi would be astronomically expensive.

Are there private touring companies at the port?

There should be any number of tour companies (including Gray Line and such) offering tours of Miami. Google is your friend.

The catch maybe a pick up in port. They usually pick up in hotels - you could pick a hotel in downtown Miami or Miami Beach for this and leave your luggage at the hotel during the tour. While it would add to the cost, it still would be less expensive than most ship sponsored excursions and transfers. Depends on you comfort level of leaving at 11:30 and how badly you want to see Miami.

The timing of the tours may or may not work - you have to do a little search.

Good luck either way.

There should be any number of tour companies (including Gray Line and such) offering tours of Miami. Google is your friend.

The catch maybe a pick up in port. They usually pick up in hotels - you could pick a hotel in downtown Miami or Miami Beach for this and leave your luggage at the hotel during the tour. While it would add to the cost, it still would be less expensive than most ship sponsored excursions and transfers. Depends on you comfort level of leaving at 11:30 and how badly you want to see Miami.

The timing of the tours may or may not work - you have to do a little search.

Good luck either way.

I have sent off a few emails to see if any of the tour companies pick up at the port. I am not comfortable leaving my baggage at a hotel where we have not stayed - had luggage stolen that way once years ago.

I have sent off a few emails to see if any of the tour companies pick up at the port. I am not comfortable leaving my baggage at a hotel where we have not stayed - had luggage stolen that way once years ago.

I can certainly understand that.

Once burned....

At least they told you of the flight change. When we were on our way home from Rio they did not tell us until checkin (in Miami)that our flight to Toronto was canceled. We managed to get rerouted through Chicago, otherwise they weren't going to get us home until much later.

When we disembarked in Miami last year it was a nightmare. And the cabs were a zoo-people were literally fighting over them. it didn't help that they were scarce as hen's teeth. We finally walked up the street a bit and got one that way.

The last couple of cruises we took, they offered transport to the airport that included a tour for those who wanted it. Didn't do it. Last year we intentionally booked a late flight and then rented a car and spent the day in Miami Beach and driving up the coast. Had a great day, so much so that we would like to go to Miami soon and just spend some time there!

Mo

At least they told you of the flight change. When we were on our way home from Rio they did not tell us until checkin (in Miami)that our flight to Toronto was canceled. We managed to get rerouted through Chicago, otherwise they weren't going to get us home until much later.

When we disembarked in Miami last year it was a nightmare. And the cabs were a zoo-people were literally fighting over them. it didn't help that they were scarce as hen's teeth. We finally walked up the street a bit and got one that way.

The last couple of cruises we took, they offered transport to the airport that included a tour for those who wanted it. Didn't do it. Last year we intentionally booked a late flight and then rented a car and spent the day in Miami Beach and driving up the coast. Had a great day, so much so that we would like to go to Miami soon and just spend some time there!

Mo

Was the cancelled flight with Air Canada? We usually fly Westjet and find them more reliable (and pleasant to deal with).

We decided to fly out of Detroit this year because it is so much cheaper than TO. Return flight was Can $660 for both of us compared to about $1300 for Air Canada or Westjet.

We have never had a problem picking up a taxi in Port Everglades and hoped that Miami would not be too bad because of the small size of the Regatta. Were you disembarking after an O cruise last year or one of the larger ships?

The flight was on American.

It was an O cruise. There was some mumbling that noone had told the taxis there was a ship arriving. The taxis dribbled in one at a time, hence the fighting.

We try to fly from Detroit when we can. Works as well for us as To since we are in London, halfway to either. Flying from Detroit on O incurs extra charges, hence we fly from TO.

Mo

The flight was on American.

It was an O cruise. There was some mumbling that noone had told the taxis there was a ship arriving. The taxis dribbled in one at a time, hence the fighting.

We try to fly from Detroit when we can. Works as well for us as To since we are in London, halfway to either. Flying from Detroit on O incurs extra charges, hence we fly from TO.

Mo

Hopefully that was an unusual occurrence then.

If you are from London I hope you don't have family members who rely on buses. I am not too happy about losing my car until the bus strike is over. :mad:

Yes we have a transit strike today, first one since 1980, long before we moved here. From what I hear on the news, it will be a long one.

We don't use transit much, but have many friends who rely on it. My daughter who lives in TO, uses the subway everyday.

So are you in London?

Mo

Yes we have a transit strike today, first one since 1980, long before we moved here. From what I hear on the news, it will be a long one.

We don't use transit much, but have many friends who rely on it. My daughter who lives in TO, uses the subway everyday.

So are you in London?

Mo

Yes, west end.

I called O and they strongly advised me to change to a later flight. The airline was able to put me on the 3:30 PM flight and did not charge me for the change. Considering the 21st is the end of March break I was pleased the option was open. A month ago the flight was fully booked.

I am told that a 2 hr tour of Miami would cost $145 plus tip with pickup at port and dropoff at airport.

Enjoy your cruise. We watched the intro to CSI Miami last night and both commented at the same time how we'd like to go back there and spend some time.

We are in the Commissioners and Wharncliffe area. Used to be West end. Westmount.

Mo

A five minute drive from us. :D

Next year our cruise will only be 10 days so I plan to stay 3 or 4 nights in the Miami beach area. Last year we drove to Key West for 3 nights after the cruise and that was wonderflul! It is a shame to go from cruiseport to airport in such a lovely area.

We also got an email about a flight change from NWA from Miami to Detroit, and only after reading this did I go and actually read the whole email did I realize I could change to the suggested 330 flight for no extra charge...Some days those "travel" emails to work just get

passed right over too quickly.

Happy Cruising All

We also got an email about a flight change from NWA from Miami to Detroit, and only after reading this did I go and actually read the whole email did I realize I could change to the suggested 330 flight for no extra charge...Some days those "travel" emails to work just get

passed right over too quickly.

I wonder if the change would have been as easy had I paid with Air Miles?

Tell Stu that your visit can not include a hospital this time! We sure miss you both. Any chance we can talk you into the Grand Circle next April with us?

Just got my PET/CT scan and they say NO DISEASE present!!!! I guess they say you should never say "cancer free" but I'll take what ever I can get! One year of this journey was quite enough thank you. Hard to believe it's been a whole year now. Glad we booked my "got well cruise" already or I would be on the phone with Marcy right now. Got the "pod bed" booked on British Air the same day we booked the cruise so we'll start celebrating when we leave Seattle. Yippie. 2010 should be a great year.

Hugs to you both.

Karen

Archived