Oasis on gma

kdinkus1

The OASIS is on Good Morning America. Is anyone on the CC boards watching? It looks beautiful but so huge! Almost 'scary' huge! I am deeply committed to Carnival and can't wait to go on the Carnival Dream yet... a cross-over just once might be in order. Does anyone else feel this way? That their 'cheating'? :eek: I just don't know if I can do it!

I am watching, but that ship is way too big for me! :eek: If you take that on a 7 day cruise with 4 port days, there is no way you would ever be able to take advantage of everything they have on there! My favorites remain the spirit class ships Carnival offers.

Before you think about goin on the Oasis, read one of the post on the main carnival board. It is by the top of the page. Carnival and new innovations and pricing. I read it and was surprised by the price difference. I am not trying to talk you out of it, but when I read that I was surprised to learn how much it would cost to go on the Oasis. I too, want to try it but wow the prices are crazy. I don't think a huge ship is worth that much, and like the previous poster stated a 7 day cruise with 3 or 4 port days is definitely not enough time to see everything. Just giving you something to think about is all. if you do decide to go on it, have fun and let us know how it is!!

Sorry, as much as we have loved our Carnival crusies, I absolutely do not get this "commitment" to a large company mentality which is why we have tried and enjoyed other lines. They are all only committed to making a profit and they do it by providing a good vacation. I am committed to my husband and children, but that's as far as it goes. We are absolutely looking at Oasis for 2011. The whole point of building a ship like Oasis is to get cruisers to return again and again to the same ship, regardless of the itinerary, in order to do and see everything onboard. And Carnival built Dream as part of the competition that exists between the cruise lines for the bottom line. Oasis costs more because it offers more.

I'm watching..because I'm curious and want to know more.

I am not booking...yet...as the prices are too high, but what is wrong with cruising other lines? Nothing.

Maybe if a loyalty program for one line vs the other was better, then I would consider one line only. BUT, I book because of itinerary and cost, not because I am "faithful" to one line.

Coincidentally, I have only been on Carnival because the pricing and itinerary have been right on Carnival at the time.

Sorry, as much as we have loved our Carnival crusies, I absolutely do not get this "commitment" to a large company mentality which is why we have tried and enjoyed other lines. They are all only committed to making a profit and they do it by providing a good vacation. I am committed to my husband and children, but that's as far as it goes. We are absolutely looking at Oasis for 2011. The whole point of building a ship like Oasis is to get cruisers to return again and again to the same ship, regardless of the itinerary, in order to do and see everything onboard. And Carnival built Dream as part of the competition that exists between the cruise lines for the bottom line. Oasis costs more because it offers more.

Ditto that.

I am watching. This is just not my idea of a cruise. It is all about the ocean, and I spend most of my time onboard just gazing at the water. I really don't even enjoy the shows, because I am inside. I guess different strokes, but this ship holds no appeal for me. All I want is my aft wrap and a book.

It's not that I am completely committed to Carnival... It's just that I have really enjoyed my Carnival cruises. I tried out Princess one time (didn't enjoy it as much) and my DH on RC (which he hated), so I'm just not sure what to expect, especially on such a LARGE ship! My DH said he would be willing to try RC again IF I were on it this time. I am interested to see what people think after cruising on the Oasis so I'll wait and see... I will admit though that I do love everything about Carnival! :D

The OASIS is on Good Morning America. Is anyone on the CC boards watching? It looks beautiful but so huge! Almost 'scary' huge! I am deeply committed to Carnival and can't wait to go on the Carnival Dream yet... a cross-over just once might be in order. Does anyone else feel this way? That their 'cheating'? :eek: I just don't know if I can do it!

Why would you feel its cheating?? I think its so wierd that people are so loyal to only one cruiseline. What, so you can get the free wash n fold laundry as platinum on Carnival. Look around. Im platinum on RCL too. Id be more but RCL is only going out of Galveston part time, and I didnt start back to cruising RCL until 2007 ... just when they pulled out. Bad timing if you live in Texas. I sure would do Oasis if I wanted to go to Florida again. I did one fall, but was dissapointed in SOV. I love Voyager, so Id probably love Oasis.

I WILL book a cruise on that ship soon. I want to see it for myself. To big to book, PLEASE. If that were the case we all would still be on the Celebration, and Holiday.

I read the talk about Ecstasy, when it came out. They said it was the largest ship or something. Largest class probably they said, they thought it was amazing, too large, no ship would ever be as large. You should have read the cruise book that was written shortly after Ecstasy came out. It was pretty funny. Came out in 1992 the date on the front said, if I remember right.

I have another older cruise book for the Caribbean, that is equally dated, but still fun.

I read the talk about Ecstasy, when it came out. They said it was the largest ship or something. Largest class probably they said, they thought it was amazing, too large, no ship would ever be as large. You should have read the cruise book that was written shortly after Ecstasy came out. It was pretty funny. Came out in 1992 the date on the front said, if I remember right.

I have another older cruise book for the Caribbean, that is equally dated, but still fun.

Who knows, in 20 or 30 years the Oasis maybe just like the Holiday, or Celebration, in comparison

I was watching GMA this morning also. The ship is huge!!! It looks like there is so much to do!! We were on RC a couple of years ago, Voyager of the seas, and we really enjoyed it, we had an interior overlooking the promanade. We have also sailed on Carnival and Disney, so I think if it's going where you want to go and it's in your budget you should go with whichever cruise line you like. We are going on Carnivals Liberty in January!! Count Down!! Plus we have 2 other couples going with us that have never cruised before! Hopefully they will like it as much as we do!!:)

First off, I was DISAPPOINTED in the show. It seems a lot of RCCL posters did too (see their boards).

I was expecting to see a FREEDOM like show when the FOS came to NY, and they had internal and external shots, and even Barry Manilow entertaining. It was an entertaining show.

NONE OF THAT HAPPENED HERE.

I didn't even get a feeling for the ship.

But there seems to be enough diversity to at least contemplate sailing her.

It did confirm that GMA is not something I would watch.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

I WILL book a cruise on that ship soon. I want to see it for myself. To big to book, PLEASE. If that were the case we all would still be on the Celebration, and Holiday.

Holiday is one of my favorite ships and if it were in New Orleans I would gladly sail on it again.

As for Oasis - I'll wait for the going out of business sales before I even consider it. I wonder what the pax on Oasis think about their overpriced balconies overlooking a fake central park with real pigeons think?

Holiday is one of my favorite ships and if it were in New Orleans I would gladly sail on it again.

As for Oasis - I'll wait for the going out of business sales before I even consider it. I wonder what the pax on Oasis think about their overpriced balconies overlooking a fake central park with real pigeons think?

The Holiday was my carnival ship. My wife and I were not married when we sailed together on that ship, it was that long ago. I still look at the pictures we took and the VHS tapes. I too would sail the Holiday again or the Celebration if Carnival still had them. I like to cruise, IMO the Oasis looks like a fun place to spend a week. Is it worth the price??? I don't know yet.

Well three months from today and I will be boarding the beast. Although I have only sailed Carnival (I do have a solo on Majesty of the Seas in three weeks) I am very excited about my Oasis cruise. I really don't expect it to be like my other cruises due to the ship size and all that it offers. I don't think it is remotely trying to be like other ships either. I also don't expect it to be the way I will want to cruise all the time. However, I do expect a brand new experience. After seven Carnival cruises in a row I am excited for the change up.

The interesting thing is that I am the one who does all the planning. My partner just goes along. So far he knows very little about the Oasis. He knows it is new and that it is very big, but that is it. I don't think he has seen more then a couple random pictures of it here and there. I can't wait to see his face when he sees the ship and gets on her.

Oasis costs more because it offers more.

Everyone keeps saying that, but the economics major in me tells me otherwise. Oasis has more than double the occupancy of most other ships out there. In terms of fuel costs and other operating expenses, it is more cost effective to sail one large ship full of people than to operate two vessels for the same amount of passengers. Yes- they may offer more, however the vast majority of these things are an additional expense to the passenger. The higher cost to sail on the Oasis would be justifiable if more of these for-fee venues were included in the cruise fare.

That being said, my family definately wants to check out the Oasis when the price is right, even if I am a bit hesitant. For now, we are sticking with Carnival because we are happy with their product and can take 2 cruises/year for the price of 1 on the other lines. :)

I was disappointed in the GMA coverage. Show us the new stuff, flow rider, the rock wall are all old hat. They showed us some plants and the Aqua theater, there was so much more I wanted to see.

I am fascinated by the Oasis but still not sure if I want to sail on her. It will be interesting to hear the first reviews. I think the price is high, considereing how many additional things aren't free, one reason I don't like NCL.

We cruise for the ports and the MDR experience. I don't want to have to pay for dinner everynight to get good food. I don't want to pay for a Serentiy area. Not sure about having to make reservations to see a show.

I am most interested in how they will get all those people on and off the ship in the ports of call.

People have complained about the promenade deck on the Dream, they better stay away from Oasis's interior balconies, no privacy there.

Archived