Is Cosol in St. Lucia as good as people say??

kellyrobin

We did the Cosol tour a couple of weeks ago. Yes, we went to the drive-in volcano, but apparently the waterfall was destroyed in the hurricane, so we didn't go there.

Great tour. Thoroughly recommend. Don't know what Irwintourist means really. Of course, it is a fairly poor place. We weren't taken to stops with friends selling anything.

Four of us will be going to St. Lucia (Princess) in about 3 weeks. I am interested in Cosol Tour. Could you please answer a few questions for me:

1. Since you didn't go to the waterfall sight, which other sight was substituted?

2. What was your starting and ending time of the tour?

3. Did your group have any swimming time? If so, how long?

4. Did you stop anywhere for lunch? If not, was the "provided snacks" enough for skipping lunch?

5. How many people in the entire tour group?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!! :)

Four of us will be going to St. Lucia (Princess) in about 3 weeks. I am interested in Cosol Tour. Could you please answer a few questions for me:

1. Since you didn't go to the waterfall sight, which other sight was substituted?

2. What was your starting and ending time of the tour?

3. Did your group have any swimming time? If so, how long?

4. Did you stop anywhere for lunch? If not, was the "provided snacks" enough for skipping lunch?

5. How many people in the entire tour group?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!! :)

1. Nothing was substituted.

2. We started an hour late as our ship docked late, but I can't remember the exact time - sorry! Ended at about 4.30 I think.

3. We had an hour's swimming time at Jalousie Beach.

4. Lunch was the buffet of local foods, described as breakfast on his website. However, it was later for us due to late start time. We also had cookies later and bread and cheese later still. We weren't hungry!

5. There were three minibus loads, I think. Maybe 10-12 per bus. But one bus was an entire party and they didn't seem to be at places at the same time as the other two buses. Everyone was from the same ship.

2. We started an hour late as our ship docked late, but I can't remember the exact time - sorry! Ended at about 4.30 I think.

4. Lunch was the buffet of local foods, described as breakfast on his website. However, it was later for us due to late start time. We also had cookies later and bread and cheese later still. We weren't hungry!

5. There were three minibus loads, I think. Maybe 10-12 per bus. But one bus was an entire party and they didn't seem to be at places at the same time as the other two buses. Everyone was from the same ship.

Thank you for the information!!:)

I just booked Cosol tour, and I forgot to ask him one question. All four of us don't swim, and don't really want to get a sunburn. So during that one hour at Jalousie Beach, we hope to be able to find a shady place to sit and wait for everyone. Do you remember if there was any shady area there that we can just sit around?

Thank you.

I just booked Cosol tour, and I forgot to ask him one question. All four of us don't swim, and don't really want to get a sunburn. So during that one hour at Jalousie Beach, we hope to be able to find a shady place to sit and wait for everyone. Do you remember if there was any shady area there that we can just sit around?

Thank you.

The place on the beach where you get off the boat is where the free sunbeds are. They are under some trees in the shade I think. So if they are available, you can use those there. If not, you should bring your towels from the ship and you could sit on them in the shade. Get a bottle of water from your driver to take along with you. It is a real paradise beach. Beautiful! You can always have a paddle in the sea if you don't swim. Wear flip-flops because you have to wade out to the boat, by the way.

The place on the beach where you get off the boat is where the free sunbeds are. They are under some trees in the shade I think. So if they are available, you can use those there. If not, you should bring your towels from the ship and you could sit on them in the shade. Get a bottle of water from your driver to take along with you. It is a real paradise beach. Beautiful! You can always have a paddle in the sea if you don't swim. Wear flip-flops because you have to wade out to the boat, by the way.

We don't have flip-flops :D, but we have water shoes (we purchased it two years mainly for the stop at Princess Cay). Is that okay? Or should we purchase the flip-flops before our cruise.

Thank you.

I'm sure they would be OK. Otherwise you can just take off whatever shoes you are wearing. It's just easier if you don't have to bother about doing so. It was sandy not stony underfoot in the sea.

There's not much walking on this tour at all, by the way.

I'm sure they would be OK. Otherwise you can just take off whatever shoes you are wearing. It's just easier if you don't have to bother about doing so. It was sandy not stony underfoot in the sea.

There's not much walking on this tour at all, by the way.

I really appreciate your help in answering all my questions.:p

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

There are covered areas to sit on beach.

Did tour with Cosol March 17, 11. There were 22 people in our group. Great time was had by all. Did not get to Waterfall as it was damaged by 2010 hurricane. Very comfortable bus for our group of 22. Cosol's people do great job of treating everyone to a good day of touring.

The water taxi to beach is fun/quick. Had about 1 hour at beach. Water shoes are advised for water taxi.

This was tour number 2 with Cosol and I give the company an A. :)

Went with Cosol last week (myself and 15 y.o. DD) -- everything is well timed and choreographed though our group(s) were very large, especially when everyone met up for 'lunch' of local foods.

to note: when you see a chance for a washroom break, take it! even if it means paying! There are no official restroom breaks on the all day trip AND the ups & downs of the jagged roads can do a number on you...:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a Cosol tour last week and had a blast! This was our first time using Cosol and I'm sure it will not be the last. Spent the day with "Bumpy" and it was truly alot of Fun. "Bumpy" was very well informed and was able to answer everyones questions. He knew so much about the plants on the island. It was all very interesting. You will not be disappointed. Good food and lots to drink all day. They truly wanted you to be happy and kept asking what they could do for you. Book it, you will not be disapointed.

Archived