New onboard credits for Mariner

Gerd

I got 22 total cruise day credits for this cruise, as did my husband. I suspect you may be right about why I got my medal this cruise. I think I should have gotten it the next one after the credits were added, but I'm not complaining.

Yes, the $11 per person per day was included in the calculation for our additional cruise days. All onboard spending was. Nice..

There is hope yet! I have 7 now (yeah I know... lame!)... add 10 for my upcoming Zuidy Panama... plus 10 for a suite.... if I spend $900, I'll reach level 2!:D To bad my travel buddies booked the cabana... :rolleyes:

I had achieved 50 days in the middle of a cruise and did receive the old program red Mariner's pin on my pillow that night!

I found in my collection, a very old silver and blue pin (someone gave me) for achieving 50,000 miles on HAL. I wonder when they stopped counting miles, and started counting days?

There is hope yet! I have 7 now (yeah I know... lame!)... add 10 for my upcoming Zuidy Panama... plus 10 for a suite.... if I spend $900, I'll reach level 2!:D To bad my travel buddies booked the cabana... :rolleyes:

Seven days is NOT lame. That's how 99% of us started this addiction. Welcome! :)

Yes, the extra days were counted. I went from 482 to 504. that is the total on my account. 10 days for the cruise, 10 for the suite and 2 for onboard spending, for a total of 504. Why would my total be 504, if they are not counting them toward medal status?

Congratulations, Gayle and your DH, on receiving your Gold Medallion. I wish we could have been there to see you receive them. :)

I am surprised they are double counting the days but fine by me. If that is the way they will continue the Medallion Program for as long as it still exists which I don't think is much longer.

Selfishly, I hope it is long enough for us to get our Platinum. If we get double days and credit for spending, it just might yet happen. :p

I had achieved 50 days in the middle of a cruise and did receive the old program red Mariner's pin on my pillow that night!

I found in my collection, a very old silver and blue pin (someone gave me) for achieving 50,000 miles on HAL. I wonder when they stopped counting miles, and started counting days?

We had achieved Silver Medallion Status when the last change was made to the Mariners Program. I don't remember the exact year but I think it was in the range of about 1998.

The first time we sailed after the new program started, we were 'demoted' as were others on this board. :D

Under the Old Program:

40,000 miles was Silver Medallion

100,000 miles was Gold Medallion

250,000 miles was Platinum Medallion

New Program - (Medallion Level):

100 days Copper Medallion and pin

300 days Silver Medallion and pin

500 days Gold Medallion and pin

700 days Platinum Medallion and pin

We were under 300 days at the first Mariner's Party we attended under the new program so we were demoted from previously having been awarded Silver to going down to Copper. :D Didn't matter for any reason, or course, but some folks were so upset for so long they kept wearing their old ribbons and medallions for many of their Mariners Parties.

Now, of course, everything is measured by Mariner's Stars vs Medallions.

There was no mention of Medallions on our recent Westerdam cruise. They have converted to how many star Mariner.

They had two luncheons as there were about 1,300 Mariners. We went to the first party and there were only three people who were four star mariners and I was shocked by that. Certainly with the

way the counting is now done, there will be thousands very quickly.

Two hundred days really isn't very much to achieve under the new scheme unlike the old system.

I hope this is the info you were looking for and I didn't misunderstand. :o

On our first Zuiderdam cruise there were only 13 of us who had Four Star status. We were all invited to the Explorer's Lounge for a quick picture before we went to the dining room.

On the second cruise there were just 5 Four Star members -- only 3 of us showed up at the Explorer's Lounge for a picture and then onto lunch.

There were 3 brunches on the first cruise and 2 on the second cruise.

Never any mention of what is in store for HAL in the future or anything about this new Mariner's program.

We really don't expect to ever get to 700 days.

Archived