New onboard credits for Mariner

Gerd

Hello all,

on this Web link …

http://de.hollandamerica.com/ende/virtual-tours-videos/Main.action?cat=ships&subcat=rt&type=video&id=1

… I found a video about the "New Mariner Society Program"

Could someone please tell me if I correct understood it, that one will receive for each 300 US Dollars spent onboard, one will get additionally a 1 day Mariner credit ?

If yes, what about the "Shore Excursions" booked in advance and all other pre-reservations and bookings ? Do we get for this also the mentioned credit ?:confused:

I guess, this is a perfect question for "Dutch / DBA"

Happy cruising

G E R D

Our marvelous cruises : :)

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007

MS Volendam – Panama Canal – April 2008

MS Noordam – Mediterranean Enchantment – September 2009

126 days - 34'665 Nm :

Future Cruise : :p

3+7 / 10-day Mediterranean Prelude & Inaugural Cruise :

3555772246558c9c770ebc7e38eba56d.png

12-day Mediterranean Empires :

a4ed661628a8d0b24f580e2daed576d0.png

So this means if my final bill comes to $600, I get 2 days?

Yes. However, that extra credit towards days ends when you reach 200 days (4* Mariner status). After that it's only actual days sailed credited toward your medallions.

The credit for on board spending does count towards your cruise days. We are just off the Noordam. I was 482 days at the beginning of the cruise and received 10 cruise days. 10 extra days for being in a suite and 2 days for on board spending for a total of 504 days.This is posted on my Mariner account as a total of 504 days.

The credit for on board spending does count towards your cruise days. We are just off the Noordam. I was 482 days at the beginning of the cruise and received 10 cruise days. 10 extra days for being in a suite and 2 days for on board spending for a total of 504 days.This is posted on my Mariner account as a total of 504 days.
But those extra 10 days for being in a suite and extra 2 days for spending are meaningless, because they don't count toward medallions, and there's no additional benefits after 200 days.

When there are two passengers in a cabin ( a couple) and their shipboard bill amounts to 625.00, does each mariner receive one cruise point or are they given two cruise points each. Tks Take care

Each is supposed to get full credit for $$$ spent. So, in your example, each person would get 2 days credit.

And it doesn't have to be a "couple"; it only needs to be two people in the same cabin, on the same booking. For example, I'm taking my older grandgirl on the Westerdam next May. She will get full credit toward her "days" for all I spend.

Yes. However, that extra credit towards days ends when you reach 200 days (4* Mariner status). After that it's only actual days sailed credited toward your medallions.

Medals are still being awarded for the short term. I don't have the impression they will be awarded for all that much longer. They realize some folks are close to the next level and will continue the medal program for some period of time so people can reach the level they are approaching.

We just left Westerdam and I haven't checked to see if we got 'days toward our next level Medallion' doubled for being in a Suite. My computer is groaning slowly and I don't want to bother going to HAL site right now. :) It was my understanding they originally announced double days would go toward Mariner Star status but not doubled toward Medallion levels.

They consistently spoke in terms of Mariner Star Status and there is almost no mention anymore of Gold or Platinum etc status.

Krazy Kruizers: For our recent Zuiderdam cruises -- 20 days total -- we got 40 points (days) since we were in an SA suite as well as 7 points for our on board spending.

I hope that is the case for us as that will give us a chance to actually reach Platinum fairly soon. We have a lot of cruises booked and if those days are doubled toward Medallion Status, we just might get to 700 in time to get Platinum.

I am not clear about the gratuity.... is that included in the money spent on board or not?

Secondly, at the end of our next cruise, we will complete 75 days. Will we get our three star pin, or have to wait until the next cruise? If we spend enough for an extra day or two, would that change anything on that?

I like the fact that HAL counts actual days for Mariner status, as opposed to other lines that count only cruises taken or sometimes longer cruises counting as multiple. On the other hand, the fact that HAL is now tracking spending towards status, could be a harbinger of converting the whole program to awarding only dollars spent for fare and on board, and no longer counting days or cruises taken.

The airlines give extra 'miles' to those paying full fare as compared to deep discounted fares in some programs. And of course extra for first or business class. I think cruiselines also give extra credit for suites?

I am not clear about the gratuity.... is that included in the money spent on board or not?

Secondly, at the end of our next cruise, we will complete 75 days. Will we get our three star pin, or have to wait until the next cruise? If we spend enough for an extra day or two, would that change anything on that?

Yes, the $11 per person per day was included in the calculation for our additional cruise days. All onboard spending was. Nice.

You will have to wait till your next cruise to get your three star pin and benefits. Even if you start a cruise with 74 days, you still have to wait till after that cruise is completed.

We like the new Mariner's program, and although we'll probably never get those 100 day medallions we finally earned ... we think the new benefits are really great.

Hello all,

many thanks to all your feedbacks, I learned a lot.

On Hal‘s Mariner page they metion "starting by September 18". I was already onboard of the Ms Noordam on September 16.

I just checked on the Web my Mariner account, and I cannot see, that I got some extra days for my last sailing.:confused:

Happy cruising

G E R D

136 days - 34'665 Nm :

Hello all,

many thanks to all your feedbacks, I learned a lot.

On Hal‘s Mariner page they metion "starting by September 18". I was already onboard of the Ms Noordam on September 16.

I just checked on the Web my Mariner account, and I cannot see, that I got some extra days for my last sailing.:confused:

Happy cruising

G E R D

136 days - 34'665 Nm :

I tried to find the start up dates on HAL's website but they have been removed.

I did find a thread where some of the start up dates are mentioned. It appears that the Noordam's start up dates for the extra points began after your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1061811&highlight=new+mariner+program

Yes, they did count for my medel. I received my gold on this cruise.
This contradicts what HAL_PR (Sarah_at_HAL) explicitly said when the Silver/Gold/Platinum medallions levels were re-instated:
All~ I just checked on this and would like to correct my previous response on how the medallions will be awarded. It will NOT be based on Cruise Day Credits, but exlusively on total days cruised. :)

Sarah_at_HAL

(bolding mine)

(That post is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21284318&highlight=#post21284318)

Either they have changed their minds again, or someone on your ship was confused, or someone decided you were "close enough" to 500 actual days. I believe it was the latter, since Cruise Day Credits aren't supposed to applied until 4 to 10 days after your cruise is over, and will not give you any benefits until the next cruise.

GayleArc is right.

I just checked our accounts.

For our recent Zuiderdam cruises -- 20 days total -- we got 40 points (days) since we were in an SA suite as well as 7 points for our on board spending.

Yes, you will be given Cruise Day Credits. The question is whether they count for medallion levels. If they don't (or won't in the future) once you are past 200, Cruise Day Credits are meaningless.

When I checked My Account last night on HAL's site -- the number of days listed included those extra 20 days as well as the 7 days for spending.

The way the chart is set up -- there isn't any way to just list the actual days we have sailed.

It is interesting -- hope someone from Seattle will straigthened this out.

Yes, the extra days were counted. I went from 482 to 504. that is the total on my account. 10 days for the cruise, 10 for the suite and 2 for onboard spending, for a total of 504. Why would my total be 504, if they are not counting them toward medal status?

Why would my total be 504, if they are not counting them toward medal status?
That's what many of us are asking. Why are they bothering?
But wait -- GalyeArc said that the extra points were counted for on her cruise -- thus she got her gold medal!!
I just said:

Either they have changed their minds again, or someone on your ship was confused, or someone decided you were "close enough" to 500 actual days. I believe it was the latter, since Cruise Day Credits aren't supposed to applied until 4 to 10 days after your cruise is over, and will not give you any benefits until the next cruise.

The way the chart is set up -- there isn't any way to just list the actual days we have sailed.
My Chart has these columns:

Date

Ship Name

Destination

Cruise Day Credits

Onboard Spend {sic} Cruise Day Credits

Suite Bonus Cruise Day Credits

Total Cruise Day Credits

Since the Total includes the spending and suite bonuses, the column following Destination must not, and is therefore actual days sailed.

Archived