Amazing airfare?

Redtravel

On the website, the amazing vales show reduced airfares from $99 for 2010 winter caribbean cruises. However when I try to enter airfare they don't show up. I called Azamara and they could not help. Is it real or is a fake? Is ther a promo on air or not?

I have hit on all Caribbean cruises in all categories listed below the amazing deals where the reduced airfare is shown. I have also called Azamara ...nobody there knows anything....they claim that the website shows info that they cannot access. I find the phone staff at Azamara clueless. They act like high pressure salepeople just out to get the bookings...no customer service. Since they keep increases prices and it is obvious that bookings are slow ( hit on a cruise and you see the same available cabins), there must be a reason. Resist, wait, and call an agent that may be able to help. Azamara is not very helpful. If this were my first time dealing with Azamara, I'd flee. If they can't help you on the phone, the website and the agents disagree on info, there is no up to date brochure, I'd be very skeptical about booking. Is this going to be the next cruiseline to go out of business.

I have hit on all Caribbean cruises in all categories listed below the amazing deals where the reduced airfare is shown. I have also called Azamara ...nobody there knows anything....they claim that the website shows info that they cannot access. I find the phone staff at Azamara clueless. They act like high pressure salepeople just out to get the bookings...no customer service. Since they keep increases prices and it is obvious that bookings are slow ( hit on a cruise and you see the same available cabins), there must be a reason. Resist, wait, and call an agent that may be able to help. Azamara is not very helpful. If this were my first time dealing with Azamara, I'd flee. If they can't help you on the phone, the website and the agents disagree on info, there is no up to date brochure, I'd be very skeptical about booking. Is this going to be the next cruiseline to go out of business.

Azamara's and Celebrity's booking agent leave a lot to be desired. But the product that each of these cruiselines offer is still very good. If you're planning on booking a particular 2010 Caribbean cruise...book it with the air. Then contact the Air dept. of Azamara, and they'll help you. We don't use the cruiseline's air, but did manage to get an incredible rate on Virgin America SFO-FLL for Feb. $99/each way. We'll then have a van take us to Miami the next day for embarkation.

We did the same thing you did, Redtravel....tried all the various stateroom options for lots of different cruises, and guess what? The airfare from PIT was $539 dollars, and even an idiot wouldn't consider paying that much for airfare through the cruiseline. That's over $200 more than the current published rate....and we think it's still way too high.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't even bother trying to book my airfare through Azamara. I'd rather do it myself and have control over the flights. We already had one "amazing" adventure when Azamara booked our flights last year for our trip to Brazil. The airfare was included with the cruisefare, or we would never have put our fate in their hands.

Going down to Brazil was fine. Coming home we had to change planes and airlines in Miami. When we got to the American counter to check in for our flight to PIT, the agent informed us that there was no flight with the number we had. He said that flight had been canceled a month before Azamara booked it. WHAT??? I showed him the confirmation from the travel agent with the flights Azamara had given us, and very nicely told him that I didn't quite understand how Azamara could book a non-existent flight....and by the way, did the booking agents at American know it had been canceled?

Anyway, in the end he was very nice and booked us onto a USAirways flight later that day at no additional cost to us. We even got our bags back! At that particular time American had a lot going on with some of their planes and routings, so I can see how there could have been a lot of mistakes. I don't know whether the problem was more with Azamara or with American, but I'd rather not take any chances and book my own flights.

Azamara's and Celebrity's booking agent leave a lot to be desired..

They are the worst I have encountered anywhere. Look at my review on Century from FEB 2008.

I just called and I am not kidding transferred 6 times. Why do they bother posting a phone number on their web site and every time you call they say,

"This is not Azamara, let me transfer you" (only to be transferred again to RCCL or Celebrity).

Hi Everyone

I totally agree and if I didnt have a tourism/hospitality background it would drive me more nuts....

but I understand how call centers work and how it rolls over in the q

if AZ doesnt answer it in a certain amount of time.

When I worked for Larry at Classic Hawaii..he was all over res agents being on point and I keep hoping I will eventually see his influence in this department

AZ eventually gave me a direct number used for travel agents and direct bookings that are b2b

You could ask them for it....

I just called and I am not kidding transferred 6 times. Why do they bother posting a phone number on their web site and every time you call they say,

"This is not Azamara, let me transfer you" (only to be transferred again to RCCL or Celebrity).

I have been having the same problem. The agents keep telling me that I am calling the wrong number even though I called the Azamara number they were giving me. No one seems interested in acknowledging this issue.

Archived