Just back from amazing Equinox

librarylady19

Wow! That phrase was repeated time and again on the beautiful Equinox. It really exceeded my expectations! I am so glad I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to try out this new ship. She's glorious. The ship looks even better in person than in photos. Wonderful attention to detail and use of high-end materials throughout. Cabin (AQ 1519) was lovely and cabin attendant excellent. Food was overall very good; Blu was a stand-out. Loved the aquaclass amenities, Blu and proximity to the Spa and Solarium. Service was uniformly excellent.

Will write a more detailed review by this weekend but feel free to ask any questions...I know Lois and some other CCers were on this cruise too. (Nice to meet them!)

Hi Sandi

So glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise.Looking forwrd to reading your review.

Cant wait to experience aqua class and Blu on the April transatlantic.

Were you glad you switched cabins from 1552? Did you happen to notice if the window washer was an obstruction there?

Thanks, Lisa

Hi Sandi

So glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise.Looking forwrd to reading your review.

Cant wait to experience aqua class and Blu on the April transatlantic.

Were you glad you switched cabins from 1552? Did you happen to notice if the window washer was an obstruction there?

Thanks, Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Unfortunately, I could not get into 1552 to see if this is where the window washing equipment was located. I could see the window washing equipment on the starboard side so will need to map out exactly where that was, definitely on one of the hump cabins.

Did walk by the room and noted that there is a crew door directly across from it, which many have noted is noisy with crew going in and out. Happy with location of 1519 which was a short walk to the relaxation lounge and access to Spa and up the "secret stairs" to the Persian Gardens and Fitness Center. A short walk to the forward elevators and up the stairs directly to the Solarium which was my most favorite place on the ship!

Only minor complaint was noise from above, particularly on the last day for some reason. I think we were below some part of the fitness center but it was hard to tell exactly what that was all about. Loved everything else about the cabin. Our attendant Vivianna was the best!

You will love Aquaclass it's first class all the way!!

Also in AQ and loved it. Heard some music at night from above. Biggest problem was not cause by cabin location, but by unthinking ladies next to our cabin. We like to keep door to balcony open so we can hear the sea, not a good idea on this cruise. These loud ladies awoke at 5:30 AM and talked very loudly on their balcony. On the first day one of them took the aquaclass benefits booklet to her balcony and read it in its entirety out loud.

• 1 month later...
Did you have a chaise lounge or was it a chair with ottoman? Any chaises available?

There were 2 very comfy chairs that reclined and had footrests which made them equivalent to chaises really. I slept on the balcony with no trouble!!;)

Archived