Have done the whole Fleet

JimVrhovac

When we board the Princendam later this morning we will have sailed on every ship in the Holland America fleet and some that are no longer around.

We are considering doing the Niew Amsterdam later this year just so we have all the ships again.

We are sure that others have done the same thing.

Let us know who ou are........

Next we are going to start working on the continents...

Ruth & Jim

Ruth & Jim

Wow, that's neat! We haven't in fact sailed on all of the HAL ships as you have done, but we're working on it. :)

3 to go of the current fleet, 4 if we count the Niew Amsterdam.

Congratulations, Jim and Ruth. That is wonderful!

Having just returned from Westerdam, we now have two HAL ships not sailed..... Oosterdam and Prinsendam.

Hopefully, we will correct that soon as we've sailed the other ships so many times it is time we 'completed the fleet'. Really should stop repeating ships until we sail all the ships. :)

Bon Voyage. Have a great cruise.

Fair Winds and a Following Sea.....

When we board the Princendam later this morning we will have sailed on every ship in the Holland America fleet and some that are no longer around.

We are considering doing the Niew Amsterdam later this year just so we have all the ships again.

Next we are going to start working on the continents...

Ruth & Jim

Do you have a favorite ship or two?

Jim and Ruth:

Congratualtions. That is a feat indeed! I have yet to do the Prisendam, Noordam and Eurodam. I have done the rest including the old Nieuw Amsterdam and the old Westerdam.

Now which are your favorites? For me, they are the last three "R" class ships: The Volendam, the Amsterdam, and the Zaandam

Congratulations, Jim and Ruth!

In order to "collect" the whole HAL fleet, I will need to collect:

Veendam

Zuiderdam

Prinsendam

And, once she becomes available, the

Nieuw Amsterdam

I have the Prinsendam currently booked for this coming July, and I may try to snag a "quickie" on the Nieuw Amsterdam late in 2010 or, perhaps, over New Years 2010/2011, leaving only the Veendam and the Zuiderdam as the two ships which are not currently on my radar for cruising.

As for which is my favorite HAL ship? It would have to be either the Rotterdam or the Amsterdam.

Again, congratulations on completing your "collection!"

Bon voyage, Jim & Ruth!

You are sailing on our favourite ship and we’ll be getting on her as you get off….two of our recent cruises were also on the Prinsendam so it will be like coming home again.

We like the smaller ships too much to ever aspire to do the whole fleet! BUT we’ve been to six continents – the only one missing for us is Australia and we will have to sail on a ship larger than the Prinsendam for that one – nothing bigger than the Amsterdam or Rotterdam, though !!!

Gena

Wishing you a most wonderful journey on this epic cruise!! Hoping your anniversary was as special as my birthday was. I thought about you both and then never got near the computer to send best wishes.

Howie and I enjoyed the time we spent with you very much on the Westerdam.

Have a great time,

Denise and Howie too

2 ships to go including the niew amsterdam but have traveled the whole contient of north america east and west coasts and all ports inbetween including canada so im now working on the south american coast also have done some of the european coast as well-- its fun trying to pick a different port and ship though sometimes its a toss up but it makes it exciting my large wall map has a lot of lines and strings attached to it kind of like a travel web-- lots of fun to do and all the exciting people i have met on my extended homes (ships) see u aboard a hal ship soon

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see so many of you are close to the whole fleet.

It isn't which ship is the best because thaey are all great in our opinion. We would probably say we have been on the Veendam the most but most of the old crew and officer corpse has transferred off her and is around the fleet.

When we got on the PRinsendam it was like old home week. We have probably sailed with 20% of her crew and most of the major officers. We really enjoy all the ships.

Ruth went over the top on this last cruise. The total bill for the cruise was 50K+. Our daughter is going to have kittens when she sees what we are going to take out of her trust fund. Ruth got a Rolex in Grenada and spent 16K in St Thomas on trinkets. I got a bottle of Bailey's and a bottle of JD to talk to for the rest of the cruise. Love that women but there are some days....................................................

Got to get ready to go to work tomorrow.

Ruth & Jim

..............We would probably say we have been on the Veendam the most but most of the old crew and officer corpse has transferred off her and is around the fleet.

Holy moly! Did the coroner's office get involved?

j/k Jim;) - Congrats!

Three dead bodies turn up at the mortuary, all with very big smiles on their faces.The coroner calls the police to tell them what has happened.

Coroner tells the Inspector: "First body: A Frenchman, 72, died of heart failure while with his mistress. Hence the enormous smile."

"Second body: "Irishman, 25, won a thousand dollars on the lottery, spent it all on whisky. Died of alcohol poisoning, hence the smile."

The Inspector asked, "What of the third body?"

"Ah," says the coroner, "This is the most unusual one. Danny Earl, the Redneck from West Virginia, 30, struck by lightning."

"Why is he smiling then?" inquires the Inspector.

"Thought he was having his picture taken."

Glad to see so many of you are close to the whole fleet.

It isn't which ship is the best because thaey are all great in our opinion. We would probably say we have been on the Veendam the most but most of the old crew and officer corpse has transferred off her and is around the fleet.

When we got on the PRinsendam it was like old home week. We have probably sailed with 20% of her crew and most of the major officers. We really enjoy all the ships.

Ruth went over the top on this last cruise. The total bill for the cruise was 50K+. Our daughter is going to have kittens when she sees what we are going to take out of her trust fund. Ruth got a Rolex in Grenada and spent 16K in St Thomas on trinkets. I got a bottle of Bailey's and a bottle of JD to talk to for the rest of the cruise. Love that women but there are some days....................................................

Got to get ready to go to work tomorrow.

Ruth & Jim

Hi Jim,

I just want to know how long was the cruise and how many pieces of luggage did you take.

What type of extra luggage bills do you end up with when you fly?

Cooper

My spelling really sucks since they put spell checks in computers and remember that was after a 6 1/2 hour from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando.......

Jade 13

Going: 7 suitcases, 4 boxes, and 3 carry on's.

Returning: 8 suitcases, 7 boxes, 4 carry of's, and one large wall hanging carving.....Not counting jewlwery...

The cruise was 26 days to Amazon.

I did write a review and will try to post tonight or tomorrow

It is great to be back and going to work today even though it is 57 degrees here in Orlando.

Ruth & Jim

Archived