Secret to OBC for Canadians

luv2cruz1963

I see several posters talking about OBC but I am wondering how you receive these in Canada. I have always booked directly with Celebrity and would like to find out what the secrets are to getting the perks..... :)

Buy 100 shares in Royal Caribbean; I had our travel agent fax a copy of your purchase order to Celebrity, and I assume that you simply fax it to Celebrity yourself. Call and ask them. You get OBC's depending on the number of nights cruise you choose..... e.g. 12 nights = $200; 14+ nights = $250.

Also, book a future cruise while on board instead of the above. For $100 you can get a booking number for an indefinite cruise, and get OBC's for that cruise depending on the number of days. You can get one and your significant other can get one. You can easily ask Celebrity about this as well. It is cheaper than the above idea, which I did not know about when I bought RC shares.

But. You cannot combine OBC's that are promotional, which both of these are. Should Celebrity happen to give you one for another reason, then you can combine them.

Hope that this helps.

Bill

I see several posters talking about OBC but I am wondering how you receive these in Canada. I have always booked directly with Celebrity and would like to find out what the secrets are to getting the perks..... :)

There is really no secret, I am from Toronto and I also booked through Celebrity and the agent I dealt with told me to keep checking the prices and if I saw a price drop call Celebrity immediately to get it applied. I kept checking and got an OBC even after I had paid in full. So keep checking and make that call if you see one ;)

The purchase of Royal Caribbean stock is a great perk. Just purchase a minimum 100 shares and you get OBC of $50 for 5 night or less cruises, $100 for 6-9 night cruise, $200 for 10-13 night cruises and $250 for 14+ night cruises. You can get this perk each time you cruise. It is not just a 1 time deal. All you need to do is fax a copy of your brokerage statement showing you own the stock and then you are all set. On the Royal Caribbean website, there is an Investor Relations link near the bottom. All of the particulars are there including the fax number. You will also receive OBC if the price of your cruise drops between the time you make full payment and your actual cruise date. You can combine the stock OBC with OBC as a result of a price drop, but as mentioned in another post, you cannot combine the stock OBC with the OBC received as a result of booking a future cruise while on board.

Hope this helps

Hi all!

No you have to own it at time of sailing. I bought mine last Feb. & sailed in April. It's good for RCI or Celebrity so that's great. Only thing is it is pretty much at it's yearly highest now.:(

~Jo~ :)

True, the share price has moved up lately, but even at today's price, if you cruise on a regular basis, you get a 4% return on your investment for a 7 day cruise and an 8% return on your investment for a 10 day cruise just on the OBC alone. We'll all just have to arrange to cruise more times in the future in order to add to the value of the perk.

I live in Calgary and usually book our cruises through an airline carrier, I check to see which has the best "extra" offers. Alaska,Continental,Delta, etc, offer mileage PLUS obc. i also check with online agencies to get quotes and see which has the better offer.

One 'secret' to getting an OBC while cruising on Celebrity is to STOP booking direct with X - try a TA, usually they offer an OBC

I just booked 3 cabins on the Summit Feb 20th, and I rec'd $737.00 in OBC's, all in USD dollars

lol

jc

Toronto

Hi all!

No you have to own it at time of sailing....

This wasn't true for me when I owned RCI stock and received the OBC. I only owned the stock for 3 or 4 days--well after booking and well before sailing. This was a couple years ago however. Perhaps the process has changed.

• 1 month later...
I am from Toronto, and I book with an agency in the US because they offer wonderful OBC. I learned about this agency when I was cruising on the Millenium and met a travel counsellor. They allow me to book in Canadian dollars, which worked well for me this time.

what is OBC?

I always book with US agencies and pay in USD which works out better for me. Last year we did a B2B and got an OBC from the cruiseline, plus the agency kicked in an extra $200 out of his own pocket in addition to 2 bottles of wine to drink onboard. For my upcoming cruise in March I found an online offer of $250 off the cruise price and my agent matched it after confirmation that it was legit. I felt we got a great deal as we're on an 11 day cruise on a brand new ship.

I am from Toronto, and I book with an agency in the US because they offer wonderful OBC. I learned about this agency when I was cruising on the Millenium and met a travel counsellor. They allow me to book in Canadian dollars, which worked well for me this time.

Archived