Elite lounge question

cruisestitch

On Constellation, the Bar on deck 11 was used for the Elite lounge instead of Michael's Club, and our traveling companions who were not Elite members could join us there by paying for their own drinks. On Millennium, will we be able to do the same thing in Michael's Lounge? I'm doubtful, since it's so much smaller, and that sort of defeats the purpose of the Elite Lounge perk, but thought I would ask.

Millie and Connie are basically the same size. They are the same class ship. Of course it also depends on the CD and Captain's Club hostess.

Many of the ships are not allowing others in. Celebrity should decide on one system and stick to it. Makes life very confusing!

This is interesting. When we were on the Equinox there were so many elite members on board that they used the bar area in from on the buffet. Only elite members were allowed in, even if someone was willing to purchase drinks. We actually never had more than 20 maximum people in the lounge at 4:00 - 6:00 and could have used Michael's Club.

This is interesting. When we were on the Equinox there were so many elite members on board that they used the bar area in from on the buffet. Only elite members were allowed in, even if someone was willing to purchase drinks. We actually never had more than 20 maximum people in the lounge at 4:00 - 6:00 and could have used Michael's Club.

Just returned from Equinox and we used Michaels Club in the morning and Sky bar in the evening. We had an odd situation with only 4 days and only 1 port so everyone was around for the 4-6 period. We had a decent size crowd every evening.

On Solstice in October Michael's club was used and there was a notice to say Private Event notice always outside.

There were never more than 10 people in lounge and one was a group of 6 so quiet. In the am never more than 3-4 and again sign outside. I liked to go in and have a coffee here and my Kir Royale in the evening.

Loved it.

Sue

Hi -- here's what I was trying to determine and why. On Connie, Michael's Club is not used for the Elite lounge because of the entertainer there, Perry Grant. Since Millie doesn't have a similar situation, and they do use Michael's Club, would we be allowed to bring our non-elite sailing friends with us for a pre-dinner drink with them paying their own way. Thanks.

On our August Connie cruise Michael's Club was used for the Elite Lounge. It in no way interfered with Perry's show. In fact, we loved it because the bar servers were the same most nights and they took really good care of us. We tipped them extra at the end of the cruise.

Is everyone in the lounge from 4 to 6 "dressed for dinner"?

Hi,:) I was on the same 4 night cruise as Don and no, not everyone was

"dressed for dinner". We had an area in the Sky Lounge strictly for

Elite members. Some came dressed for dinner and others came in totally

casually. Maybe on a short cruise things are a bit different than a longer

one...there were casual dressers as well as those who were going to

main seating dinner.

Thanks for your responses about the dress code. As someone firmly committed to both late seating and not rushing, having this benefit was of no use to me if I couldn't come in to the lounge casually dressed (I don't mean a swimsuit cover up). So it's nice to know that I can stop in for a beer without being 'dressed'. (Hi Lois) Thanks again.

What about in the morning? If I am in the pool area' date=' I may want a cappucino by 10am. Could I come in a bathing suit and cover-up? I probably would enjoy that more than a drink![/quote']

I have no idea if they will allow a bathing suit cover up. I wore shorts

and top in the mornings and so did quite a few other folks.

Mornings on the 4 nighter was held in Michael's Club and it was really

nice. All sorts of pastries, mini bagels, with lox and cream cheese.

The choice of coffees and beverages were great. Smoothies too.

Juices, Mimosas....

If you are in a bathing suit and cover up? That would probably depend

on the person who is overseeing the room. The Capt's Club Hostess Ria

was there most days.

Thanks' date=' Lois, for the info. I guess I can wear shorts and a top over my bathing suit, although I prefer the way the cover-up looks![/quote']

Does the cover up look like a sundress? I am sure your bathing suit

would be dry to come inside for a drink, right? Some coverups look

like dresses....you could pop in at the entrance and see if it is allowed:)

Does the cover up look like a sundress? I am sure your bathing suit

would be dry to come inside for a drink, right? Some coverups look

like dresses....you could pop in at the entrance and see if it is allowed:)

If my bathing suit were wet, I think I would freeze! The cover-up I had in mind is like a long t shirt. I have a few that I have bought at resorts and/or on ships. I also have a short set that I bought on a ship. I have never worn it. It's cosy fabric. Do you think it would be more acceptable?

Who is considered that on Celebrity? We are looking at this cruiselines. Please be kind, just asking as we have no knowledge. Thanks.

Elite Members have 10 or more cruise credits:)

If my bathing suit were wet' date=' I think I would freeze! The cover-up I had in mind is like a long t shirt. I have a few that I have bought at resorts and/or on ships. I also have a short set that I bought on a ship. I have never worn it. It's cosy fabric. Do you think it would be more acceptable?[/quote']

Hi:)cozy? You mean a shorts set in a terry material? Sounds cute to me:D

On our BTB Alaskan cruises in September on the Millenium a very nice and very comfortable frequent cruiser wore a pool deck blanket over her casual clothes into Michaels Club.She did have late dining so don't know what she wore later.In the morning we were all in jeans and sweatshirts and nobody looked uncomfortable.We all felt like the new elite perks were fantastic.We were a small group and it was fun to get to socialize in such a small venue.

It's more like a sweatsuit fabric. It's not the kind of thing I like to wear (so I haven't!). But' date=' if that's what Celebrity wants, that's what Celebrity will get!!!!

(At least I will finally get my money's worth!)[/quote']

Good morning:) try the coverup and see what happens if you like that

better than the shorts.

My experiences were quite different because in Sept I was in Alaska

and it was all long pants;)...the recent 4 nighter on Equinox? People

were casual too but I truely don't remember if gals were in coverups.

If you walk in and the Capt's Club Hostess says something? Hopefully

it would be in a kind manner.

Good morning:) try the coverup and see what happens if you like that

better than the shorts.

My experiences were quite different because in Sept I was in Alaska

and it was all long pants;)...the recent 4 nighter on Equinox? People

were casual too but I truely don't remember if gals were in coverups.

If you walk in and the Capt's Club Hostess says something? Hopefully

it would be in a kind manner.

Exactly. But I guess I will have to pack the shorts, just in case.

Exactly. But I guess I will have to pack the shorts' date=' just in case.[/i']

Hi:)....oh I didn't realize it would only be for this activity...shorts are

ALWAYS part of my cruise wardrobe when I am going to the Caribbean:D

I feel that ONLY Elite members should be allowed in the Michael's Club.

We are late seating but we found 4-6 a good time for a drink because most nights our show was at 7 p.m. We usually arrive at the Michael's Club around 5-5:l5, have our drinks, socialize until 6:30 (eventhough they stopped serving at 6 p.m.) and then went down to the Celebrity Theatre for the show.

I don't think you should wear a tshirt coverup into the Michael's Lounge. I have no problem with capri pants and a top but it takes away from the ambiance. Please dress accordingly. The Hostess shouldn't have to be there every night to police us.

Archived