Taking alcohol onboard?

bfoxey1949

Just off the Dream and we had one big suitcase and checked it filled with a case of beer and 6 bottles of wine delivered to our room no problem. BUT tried to bring back Rum from Freeport and got stopped and then kept it till the last night. No problem still had a great time!

Oh My Gosh!!! I wish I were bold enough to smuggle! I really just like beer - but the thought of getting caught makes me quake :) LOL - So glad it worked for you :D

I"d like to know about this too...this is the lst I have heard of this kind of vodka. I am needing some Christmas ideas and this sounds promising! ;)

Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka makes wonderful gifts! When it first came out in 2008 it literally flew off the shelves in the ABC stores in North Carolina. The company has recently been bought out by a larger company and should be available in most states. They have a website listed under Firefly.

No, but you should smuggle iced tea, as they are now charging heaps for it!

Mapman - I just got off the pride a few days ago. Iced tea is available at no extra charge. It tasted horrible but there was no additional charge for it.

We brought on several liters of alcohol, and poured it into rumrunners. However, at the last minute I put in a big 1.75 L bottle of bloody mary mix. It is the very same shape and size as the largest liquor bottles. It sailed through no questions asked.

Very few people report problems getting alcohol onboard with Carnival.

Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka makes wonderful gifts! When it first came out in 2008 it literally flew off the shelves in the ABC stores in North Carolina. The company has recently been bought out by a larger company and should be available in most states. They have a website listed under Firefly.

DRAT! I just checked website and it is not available any where near us here in NJ. :mad:

Was on the 16 day TA on the Dream. Awesome, no lines for food as a lot of people had problems with on the CTNW. Also, this was mine and wifes 1st cruise.

In our 4 carry ons, we had 2 btls of vodka, 1 btl rum, 4 btls of wine, 2 boxes of wine (yeah, i know but its cheap and holds 3 full liters each box) and a btl of Jameson. We CARRIED on 2 btls of wine and a btl of Johnnie walker blue (bought at the duty free shop in NY at a great price). Not one problem.

Walked on with w/ 1 or 2 btls of wine each port. No problem.

I bought the rum runners prior to the trip, but did not use them...decided to take the chance.

If they were gonna say something about the JWBlue, we were gonna check it in since it was a gift for my brother.

That being said, we started in Italy, so things could be alot differnt when in the US.

Not all cruise lines will allow you even 1 bottle of wine as a carry on. Royal Caribbean has a ZERO allowance for any alcohol. I have talked to cruisers who had their alcohol confiscated when trying to bring it on in their suitcases. Never to be returned.

[quote name='mapman_2004']No, but you should smuggle iced tea, as they are now charging heaps for it![/quote]Since when?

[quote name='jmm834']Mapman - I just got off the pride a few days ago. Iced tea is available at no extra charge. It tasted horrible but there was no additional charge for it.[/quote]Tasted fine to me!

We brought our own Crystal Light singles to mix with the vodka we brought on board. I didn't want to drink sugar lemonade.

On a Carnival cruise this fall I met a person who brought vodka in a mouthwash bottle. I guess one can get creative. I can't stand feeling horrible after drinking a lot so I just buy a beer or a wine each day on the cruise and that's it. If we bring 2 bottles of wine we buy even less liquor. I am thinking of bringing my own tea and making iced tea. The tea is still free on the Lido deck but pretty awful.

• 3 weeks later...
I've been on 5 Carnival cruises and each time have brought on several bottles of wine and other booze, in my luggage, without a problem. We would take the wine to dinner and offer to pay the corkage fee but the waiter said it was not necessary. Also, we left our booze out in our cabin in full view of the cabin stewards and they were more than happy to bring us ice for our drinks.

We also bring our own water and cokes with no problem--in our luggage.

If you try to bring it in full sight it will probably be confiscated for the remainder of the trip but I have never hear of it being "discarded without compensation".

(Also did the same on the other cruise lines without a problem).

I know, some will think I will roast in hell for doing this...ouch! :)

DH and I sailed on X - Millennium about 2yrs ago... I took a bottle of vodka (dont remember now) on in my checked luggage... wrapped and ziplocked.
At the San Juan,PR stop - DH and I each poured 1 bottle of rum into a large water bottle and carried that, no one looked twice at us.
We also had a 3rd bottle in my day-bag and they did 'check' it for us, and when we came back from dinner the last night it was in our room waiting for us.

When we cruise in 20 days (yeah, Im not counting), for our vodka, we'll fill water bottles and put them back in the plastic wrap for the case. For our rum, we'll most likely just wrap it and carry in our luggage. We're nto flying, so no worries about luggage weight.

[quote name='aubreysmom']Oh My Gosh!!! I wish I were bold enough to smuggle! I really just like beer - but the thought of getting caught makes me quake :) LOL - So glad it worked for you :D[/quote]
So curious to know more about the whale tail club; can you help. On a side note, why not be bold and try a little smuggling just for fun... you could just pop a few small bottles in your cosmetics kit and there you have it; it's a start.
We bring good quality boxed wine and never have had a problem. The rum runners are an alternative we are looking into now.

[QUOTE=G'ma;22199613]With Carnival, Here, from their website:

Can I bring liquor on board?[IMG]http://www.carnival.com/Images/spacer.gif[/IMG]A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.
[/QUOTE]

Oh BULL-oney. Why don't they just be honest and say

[IMG]http://www.carnival.com/Images/spacer.gif[/IMG]"A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to maximize profits by forcing passengers to buy their alcoholic beverages from Carnival instead of bringing their own, less expensive alcohol on board with them."

At least that would be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
Recently on the Glory with family of 5 adults. We carried on one bottle of wine per person, and 2 eight packs of cola. We also took our chances and packed several bottles of liquor in our luggage, and everything made it fine onboard. We took 4 bottles of our wine to the dining room and paid 2 corkage fees. We also bought some cocktails during the week. :)

Archived