Ultimate Ships Tour

MTJSR

I understand there is a large charge for this tour and you are given a robe as part of the price. Can you opt out on the robe, thereby reducing the cost of this tour? Are there any limitations on video or pictures taken during this tour?

Now that the tour has been around for awhile--it's funny to read about the items that are received and if it's a fair exchange for the tour--when we went there was nothing ever said about the gifts -- they were a complete surprise as when we returned to the cabin things were appearing--this happened several times the day of the tour and I believe something came the next day also--most likely the stationary--not note pads--very nice--and I plan to do it again on one of our next 2 cruises--Crown or/and Emerald. I think that the gifts vary by ship from what I've read from posters about the tour.

Nancy:D

It's a great tour and, for me anyway, was well worth the price. The robes are nice but if you don't want it I'm sure you'll have no problem giving it away. We got the chefs jacket as well in size XXL - mine is still folded up the way it was presented to me as it is far too large. Still, it's a nice gift and I would have done the tour if they didn't offer all of the extras.

No video or photos allowed on our tour.

That's a bummer, I was hoping to make part of that tour into my trip video. Guess I will just have to show the photo I get of me holding the steering wheel:D

I think it depends upon the ship you're on. My DH and BIL took the tour on our Star Princess Alaska cruise in August 2009 and were able to take some pictuers. They were restricted in same areas (like the bridge).

Here's a few of the pics my DH took.

2037140830102765571S500x500Q85.jpg

2650998490102765571S500x500Q85.jpg

2078489240102765571S500x500Q85.jpg

2519918070102765571S500x500Q85.jpg

2020948580102765571S500x500Q85.jpg

I enjoy the robe. When I use it, I call it my Princess day.

Is it true that not everyone who books gets to go on the tour? On our last cruise I believe there was a draw for the limited spots. If this is the case, how many people "win" the draw?

Thanks

Anna

Generally it is limited to 12 people. When more than that sign up, the names are drawn from a lottery. As some have stated, we felt the UST was worth the price along with receiving the extra gifts.

Joe

In this economy and at $150.00 a pop, you would think they would want the entire ship to take the tour, not just 12 people:confused:

I doubt they much of anything on it when you consider what you do and the gifts involved. And they can't drag much more than 12 (we had 14) two were midshipgirls, up and down the passageways and ladders.

There do seem to be differences between how the UST is done on different ships.

a) One post here mentioned that if more than 12 wanted the tour, it became a lottery. When we took the tour, there was a sign up sheet which had room for 12 names. Any additional names when onto sheets labled as being waitlist.

b) Some ships allow no pictures. Some allow pictures only on the bridge. One post here said pictures were allowed in several places, but were restricted on the bridge. Another thread said pictures were allowed everywhere except the engine control room.

c) Some tours have some food and drink when on the bridge, On our tour, the food and drink were post-bridge in the Adagio Lounge.

d) Our tour had three pictures taken by the ship's photographer. They were group pictures taken on the Princess Theater stage, in the engine control room, and on the bridge. Other threads have reported receiving more pictures. In some cases, there was an individual picture on the bridge with the captain, not just a group picture.

All in all, it is a worthwhile tour no matter what differences there may be from how it is done on the other ships.

Where and when do you sign up for this tour?

My DH and BIL signed up as soon as we boarded the ship. They went straight to the pursers desk to do this. A few days before the tour, it was announced in the Patter. The night before the tour, they received their confirmations in the mail box. The tour was held on the last sea day.

• 2 months later...

Is the tour offered on Princess while you are sailing or while in port? On NCL in Hawaii, the tour was only offered while in port and we were not able to go because we were on an excursion.

I am crossing my fingers that the tour if offered while sailing.

Archived