How to get a Free 6 weeks cruise!

ccxnola

Couple Wins Suit for "Stressful" Cruise

A couple claiming their "once in a lifetime cruise" was "stressful" despite penthouse accommodations and a butler, has won a suit against the cruise company for "loss of enjoyment."

Terrence and Cynthia Milner sued Cunard Cruise Lines after abandoning their 15-week cruise on the Queen Victoria after just six weeks, a story by the Telegraph said. The Milner's said the cruise, which cost them nearly $100,000, was plagued by sleepless nights, stormy conditions, mouth ulcers and a noisy cabin, the story said. When the couple complained, they were offered a series of other rooms and eventually moved to a penthouse suite where they said they felt "trapped," according to the Telegraph.

After receiving nearly $80,000 in a refund, the couple won an additional $36,310 in damages.

Unbeleivable! You would have to say these people have some serious issues if you didnt enjoy the penthouse suite on the Queen Victoria.:confused: I have not been in it, I would love to, but I can imagine it wouldnt be small. It just goes to prove you cant please some people.

The judge is an idiot too!

A bizarre and senseless claim per the information available. Just goes to show it's not what's right or what's wrong... it's the court system. Go to trial, roll the dice.

Cunard can appeal, but to win it would have to show foundational flaws in the trial judge's opinion and actions. Not likely.

OMG... The Milners sued Cunard over cabin complaints, rough seas (the cruise line can't control this), feeling trapped in the Penthouse suite, and a "loss of enjoyment"?! :eek: And they won?!?! :eek: What court system was this??? I hope Cunard wins in the appeal court; this is rediculous! :eek:

Wow!!!!! Sadly, I doubt the Cruiseline would appeal as it would cost them more in attorney's fees than they stand to gain. That's the biggest problem with our system. Anyone can sue anyone and it costs more to fight it than to settle it. Of course, these people knew that going in.

A jury gave it to them. A jury is made up of people like you and me. Don't blame the court system blame your neighbors. They are the ones who sit on these stupid jury's. Every time someone wins one of these stupid lawsuits it is because of people on the jusry.

A jury gave it to them. A jury is made up of people like you and me. Don't blame the court system blame your neighbors. They are the ones who sit on these stupid jury's. Every time someone wins one of these stupid lawsuits it is because of people on the jusry.

This case would not have been heard by a jury...it would have been a judgement award...

The case was heard in a UK County Court so was probably not a jury.

Here is the full story as reported in the UK press....

Terence and Cynthia Milner, of Leeds, sued after their £59,000 “once in a lifetime” holiday on the maiden cruise of the Queen Victoria was disrupted by sleepless nights, stormy conditions and mouth ulcers.

When they complained about their noisy cabin they were upgraded to the penthouse suite and offered a series of other rooms but they said that they felt “trapped”.

Mrs Milner spent £4,300 on ball gowns ahead of the 15-week round-the-world sailing but the couple abandoned the “stressful” cruise after only six weeks, leaving the dresses unworn and an "unwelcome reminder" of the experience.

They opted to stay in a luxury resort in Honolulu and sail back on the QE2 rather than continue on the £270 million liner to Southampton and Singapore.

Despite receiving a £48,240 refund, they sued for “loss of enjoyment” and received £22,000 damages at Skipton County Court. Cunard is challenging the award at London's Civil Appeal Court.

Looks like Cunard is going to appeal

I hope Cunard wins ...

Bought 6 ball gowns, and still hadn't worn any after SIX WEEKS on the boat???? When the hell was she going to be wearing them?

Sounds like the line bent over backwards trying to change the accomodations to make them happy ... I wonder what the price difference between the original cabin and the penthouse is?

I hope Cunard wins ...

Bought 6 ball gowns, and still hadn't worn any after SIX WEEKS on the boat???? When the hell was she going to be wearing them?

Sounds like the line bent over backwards trying to change the accomodations to make them happy ... I wonder what the price difference between the original cabin and the penthouse is?

Maybe she was going to wear them in the pool when she tried to walk on water. LMAO!

I read this article on AOL. I cannot believe these people won money. I too hope the cruise line counter sues! How can anyone have a bad time on a luxury cruise for 15 weeks??? Especially after having been moved to the Penthouse suite! Either the article is missing something or this is just another example of the sickness that plagues our legal system.

From the BBC:

Cunard accepted the couple were unable to sleep on the first two nights and provided them with another suite, which was later upgraded.

But Miss Prager said the first alternative accommodation was an inside cabin fitted for the disabled which suffered from constant engine noise.

They were later moved to another suite but were worried about how long they could keep it because it had been booked by passengers joining later.

From the BBC:

Cunard accepted the couple were unable to sleep on the first two nights and provided them with another suite, which was later upgraded.

But Miss Prager said the first alternative accommodation was an inside cabin fitted for the disabled which suffered from constant engine noise.

They were later moved to another suite but were worried about how long they could keep it because it had been booked by passengers joining later.

Once the headline has been ridiculed - some of the facts start to emerge. I don't know about you folks, but if I paid that kind of money for a cruise I would certainly get my knickers in a knot over being moved to an inside cabin.

It should be interesting when the rest of their story comes out. So far we've heard the Cunard version.

Not saying they deserved anything more than a refund, but an interesting story.

Archived