GRRRR ports of call board no help

hlb76

I hate to ask here seeing there are the ports of call boards but I can't get any help. Maybe someone here will be nice enough to assist......

We are traveling thus far 8 in our group for adults and 4 kids ranging from 2 through 14. We are traveling on Liberty porting in HMC, Grand Turk, St Thomas and San Juan.

Any suggesting on what to do in San Juan and St Thomas? My two kids are the oldest of the group. We are willing to split the families up if need be.

I was also wondering if anyone knows what the Flowrider costs in GT. I think we just plan to chill near the cruise port.

Thanks in advance

I have two teen daughters and did that route two years ago.

San Juan- a good thing to do (that is cheap too!) is to walk from the ship to the forts and tour them. These forts can be seen as you enter dock and are neat. They filmed part of "Pirates of the Carribean" there and they can even be seen on the Disney ride.

Turk Caicos is real $$$. I don't know what a flowrider ride would cost (I forgot, maybe $20?) but everything there from the stores there was very $$$.There, we walked down to the beach.

There are a lot of lunge chairs with a view of your ship 1/4 mile away, plus decent snorkeling in the water, at least until it feels up.

St Thomas- we always take a cab to Red Hook ferry to St. John to cab to Trunk Bay. It is a national park and has excellent snorkeling, very kid friendly. It is beautiful and if you have ever "1492- Conquest of America" with Gerrard Deperadiu, it is the beach in the movie where Columbus first set foot.

For us, we though of the route as an inexpensive way of enjoying incredibly nice looking beaches. Half Moon Cay was the highlight and didn't cost us a dime in tours of cabs.

Half Moon Cay has the beach you dream about. Grand Turk also has beach within walking distance of ship, and when you tire of the beach, walk over to Margaritaville and chill at their fabulous pool. No charge for use of the pool. I never even bought anything to eat/drink. EM

cant believe you cant find something on the port of calls for St Thomas.

Godfrey -sonny etc are great tour guides and you get a little of everything with those tours... shopping, island tour, plus beach time for 25.00 pp

sounds pricy when you have 8 people-- but to get to a beach anywhere will cost you pp anyways.

Maybe try the new pirate tour they have going.

San Juan--guess it depends on what time you arrive but if you google walking tours of San Juan you can get tons of information for that

SJ has plenty of vendors on the street .

Very good buys to be had if your asking me :D.

I forget the name of the fort but it is beautiful ,within walking distance from the port/ ship. Quite Beautiful with brick streets etc .

St Thomas has a new shopping area ! As you leave the ship you will see the cabs ,taxi's etc

and shopping areas. Getting to the new new shopping area is quite simple ,walk to wards the front of the ships. When you reach that point you will see a large gate.

There is also a new pirate excursion ,it's actually a water taxi that takes you around to other areas in St Thomas. Hint = it has to be called an excursion otherwise they cant operate .

"...but I can't get any help..."

:mad:

I also can't believe you couldn't find good, useful info on the various POC boards.

Unless, of course, it was just a generic question like "what should I do in this port."

There are tons of threads about all sorts of activities on ALL those boards. I've been to those ports multiple times and know that the info there is helpful and useful. To me, at least.

Sometimes, it's a lot easier to just do some reading and get an idea for what you'd like to do. YOU know what you would enjoy. So read what there is offered and decide if that sounds like something for you or not.

That may sound harsh, but, honestly, it's the way to get the info you want/need. Your question is too broad. You'll get too many ideas which won't really help you.

Do your homework on the POC boards. Check independent excursion operators on Trip Advisor. Make your decisions based on what YOU enjoy doing, based on what you read.

What "I" would do in those ports:

HMC - nothing. I'm not a beach person but that is my one most favorite beach stop ever.

Grand Turk - Horseback Ride & Swim

St Thomas - island tour and beach stop with Papa Bear of Air Force 1 Tours.

San Juan - everything. I love San Juan and would move there tomorrow if I could. See the San Juan board for info on getting the free trolley to go around OSJ; visit at least one of the forts.

Would you enjoy any of those things? I have no idea. But you asked, so there it is.

St. Thomas has great beaches and shopping, depending on what you're looking for. St. JOhn is beautiful, but a hassle to get to and back from for a short amount of time...however, if there's time, the beaches on St. John are fabulous!

St. Thomas has Coral World, an aquarium type place to visit. The children in the group would probably like that. Right next to Coral World is Coki Beach. While not as beautiful as Megans Beach, it is teeming with tropical fish. My husband got the greatest "fish" pictures snorkeling there. And, if you bring a big dog bone, (I think you can buy them right there) and hold in the water, you will soon be swarmed with brightly colored fish, even in the shallow water. Bet the kids would love that. I know I did, and I'm 62!

San Juan.........so much to do, but you have a wide difference in ages. How about a horse and buggy ride? The forts are fun to walk around. The trolleys are free, you can hop off and on as you like, they will take you to both forts.

Yes, I can't find much for San Juan either. I wouldn't mind seeing the forts and such, but not sure what else to do. HMC, we will rent a cabana and chill, same as GT. St Thomas?????? No clue yet.....

Archived