I am sick and tired...

Steelermoose

I wish more people didn't like New Yorkers. I would love to see fewer fat southerners here blocking the sidewalk while pointing at all the tall buildings, adjusting their baseball caps, and taking things out of their fanny packs.

lol :p Too Funny

Manhattan is certainly is one of the noisiest places on Earth. And congested. And expensive. Other than perhaps hot dogs, is there a NY cuisine? Even the pizza isn't real pizza - for real pizza, you have to go to Naples.

If I want pizza, I can find New York style, Chicago style, southern Italian style, and yes, even Domino's (middle-American style) - all within a 20 block distance from my apartment.

I realize that doesn't match the Olive Garden and Pizza Hut glamor that most of you live with, but I manage to deal with it.

Manhattan is certainly is one of the noisiest places on Earth. And congested. And expensive. Other than perhaps hot dogs, is there a NY cuisine? Even the pizza isn't real pizza - for real pizza, you have to go to Naples.

Yup... NY is sure loud, expensive and congested... but you ask any one of us, and we'll tell you that we wouldn't want it any other way.

And as far as cuisine... if you stick to Times Square and the rest of the tourist dives, you'll never truely understand what makes NY's restaurants some of the finest in the world. And as for what makes NY special... the fact that you'll find EVERYTHING in one place is what sets us apart from most other cities.

Ya... Pizza in Naples is supposed to be good... but I'll take a good old L&B's Spumoni Gardens square slice any day...

Be careful what you wish for. A cheap NY cruise attracts cheap NY cruisers! We got caught once! Never again!

You mean like people from Jersey or something?:D

To tell you the truth, I rarely notice anyone else on our cruises, always get a pool chair and have always had decent service. Of course we take early seating....use the sun deck ( to get away from everyone else), go to the early shows, don't drink much and are in bed by 11pm. We have fun though!!:D

Yup... NY is sure loud, expensive and congested... but you ask any one of us, and we'll tell you that we wouldn't want it any other way.

And as far as cuisine... if you stick to Times Square and the rest of the tourist dives, you'll never truely understand what makes NY's restaurants some of the finest in the world. And as for what makes NY special... the fact that you'll find EVERYTHING in one place is what sets us apart from most other cities.

Ya... Pizza in Naples is supposed to be good... but I'll take a good old L&B's Spumoni Gardens square slice any day...

New York has the best pizza and bagels around....because of the GOOD water we have.......and don't even try to dispute it with snide remarks...everyone knows it is true that we have great water.:D

This talk of Italy/Naples having the best pizza is funny, if it has tomatoes it came from here first.

Tomatoes, Corn, and Potatoes are all New World exclusive. Can find info below on any goggle search.

"Tomato History

The Tomato History has origins traced back to the early Aztecs around 700 A.D; therefore it is believed that the tomato is native to the Americas. It was not until around the 16th century that Europeans were introduced to this fruit when the early explorers set sail to discover new lands."

This talk of Italy/Naples having the best pizza is funny, if it has tomatoes it came from here first.

Tomatoes, Corn, and Potatoes are all New World exclusive. Can find info below on any goggle search.

"Tomato History

The Tomato History has origins traced back to the early Aztecs around 700 A.D; therefore it is believed that the tomato is native to the Americas. It was not until around the 16th century that Europeans were introduced to this fruit when the early explorers set sail to discover new lands."

Well actually...the best pizza in the area is the rectangular Sicilian pizza I make with my 100% Sicilian hands!

BTW...here is a pizza hint....oil,salt, and garlic on the dough right after you roll it out...THEN....fresh mozzarella...THEN...crushed tomatoes and continue seasoning as you wish. The secret is seasoned dough and cheese before tomatoes.;)

"Tomato History

Early pizza did not have tomatoes. NY style didn't hatch until the 1900s.

Well actually...the best pizza in the area is the rectangular Sicilian pizza I make with my 100% Sicilian hands!

BTW...here is a pizza hint....oil,salt, and garlic on the dough right after you roll it out...THEN....fresh mozzarella...THEN...crushed tomatoes and continue seasoning as you wish. The secret is seasoned dough and cheese before tomatoes.;)

Sicily does have the best cannoli and not some developing nation.

Oh Dear LORD. Delicious Orchards. Nothing says overpriced, crappy farmer's market products like Delicious Orchards. :D They makes the WORST pies.

OMG I thought I was the only one who thought this!

They talk about Delicious Orchards like it's the holy land!:p

I grew up outside Philly and spent most of my adult life thus far (I'm 32) in PA and NY - Long Island and Bklyn specifically - and what I'M sick & tired of is NY'ers getting a bad rap.

The stereotypes are 95% just that - stereotypes, and anyone who's spent time in NYC knows it. Stop beating up on NYC or go home.

I can't wait to cruise out of NYC (we were scheduled to do so before thanksgiving but had to switch due to a grad school schedule).

Bring on the NY'ers!!! THey'll show you a great time!!

Thank you MUAH!:p

NYer (Brooklyn born and very proud of it):D

I love sailing from NY and find that there are people from everywhere on those sailings. One of my favorite things is to stand on deck at sailaway and explain to out of towners in my RUDE, WHINEY NYer way all of the great sights in NY harbor;)

One of my favorite experiences took place in McCarran Airport in Las Vegas.....a women fell on the escalator dropping her stuff everywhere. No one helped her but me, people were actually stepping around her!

I quote "you must be from NY as only someone from NY would stop, help me up, pick up my belongings, and make sure I was OK" My answer.....what gave me away my NEW YAWK accent.?? Her answer.....and my kindness......felt pretty good after that!

Anna

Jeff is from Southern Jersey but we forgive him for that

OMG L&B Spumoni!!!!!Brooklyn!

I love sailing from NY and find that there are people from everywhere on those sailings. One of my favorite things is to stand on deck at sailaway and explain to out of towners in my RUDE, WHINEY NYer way all of the great sights in NY harbor;)

Don't ya just love hearing the out of towners talking about how close you are when you sail under the George Washington Bridge. :rolleyes:

Archived