I am sick and tired...

Steelermoose

of these whiney, crying New Yorkers who have posted bad reviews on the DREAM. These people are the EXACT reason Carnival has not placed a permanent ship out of NY. I am excited and cant wait to experience my DREAM cruise vacation Jan 9th-16th. It is what you make of it people. If you are already planning on having a terrible time because of reading somebody elses problems, then you WILL!!! I hope I am not the only person that feels like this???

They can't help it, they're Yankees! :D

Why do we NY'ers take it on the chin so often?

Perhaps... it's all those Rude people from CT... or MA? OR..... NJ'ites!!!!!

Us NY'ers are not to blame.

(ok... maybe a few).

Made me laugh!:D

Which part?

Long embarkation because the ship "didn't fit"?

Crowded public areas because the outside was unusable?

Kinks of a new ship that hasn't been ironed out?

Awdwardness of a staff that doesn't quite know how to interact with their colleagues yet?

Having been on something like 9 NY sailings, all in pretty good conditions, I didn't notice any difference. Maybe because I'm a rude NYer. :rolleyes:

Yet, when I'm pushing and yelling at my fellow passengers, I find many are out of towners thrilled to be sailing out of NY harbor. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So that was you I heard yelling on The Victory.....

:D

Actually, most of those whiners aren't New Yorkers.....they are from New Jersey.

We've earned the right to whine. We have to live with the wisecracks about the Turnpike, Newark, Camden and Asbury Park. We tend to have an inferiority complex being stuck between NYC and Philly, known mostly for our "Exits" than anything else.

Living between the Lincoln Tunnel and the Delaware Memorial Bridge isn't easy......so we get touchy when we are in a crowd of strangers with funny accents.

Youse guys have a nice day.:D

Actually' date=' most of those whiners aren't New Yorkers.....they are from New Jersey.

We've earned the right to whine. We have to live with the wisecracks about the Turnpike, Newark, Camden and Asbury Park. We tend to have an inferiority complex being stuck between NYC and Philly, known mostly for our "Exits" than anything else.

Living between the Lincoln Tunnel and the Delaware Memorial Bridge isn't easy......so we get touchy when we are in a crowd of strangers with funny accents.

Youse guys have a nice day.:D[/quote']

That, and we have to deal with those idiots from the MTV show Jersey Shore invading our towns every summer. ;)

They can't help it, they're Yankees! :D

lol...I hear ya Sarge.

I will continue to read the reviews, and will make sure to note the difference between the Florida sailings and the New York sailings. It may not be ALL New Yorkers on the cruises, but the vast majority of them were. In my experience, us "fat southerners" are much better at treating people nicely and with respect than you "Flannel wearing, rude, obnoxious yankees" Also, I am a bit perturbed with the Steelers losing 4 games in a row, because unlike Jets fans, we are not used to losing!!

lol...I hear ya Sarge.

I will continue to read the reviews, and will make sure to note the difference between the Florida sailings and the New York sailings. It may not be ALL New Yorkers on the cruises, but the vast majority of them were. In my experience, us "fat southerners" are much better at treating people nicely and with respect than you "Flannel wearing, rude, obnoxious yankees" Also, I am a bit perturbed with the Steelers losing 4 games in a row, because unlike Jets fans, we are not used to losing!!

Umm, flannel? Those were definitely not New Yorkers. Flannel clothing is not permitted in the five boroughs of New York City, with the exception of Staten Island. On Staten Island, anything goes.

Umm, flannel? Those were definitely not New Yorkers. Flannel clothing is not permitted in the five boroughs of New York City, with the exception of Staten Island. On Staten Island, anything goes.

Unless it's bought at American Apparel, ducksoup. But that means it would be pretty well confined to Billyburg.

Just an observation,

The people that I have noticed complaining the most and being rude tend to have a New York accent.

The friendliest, most cheerful cruisers I have encountered tend to come from Texas. People from the Carolinas are a close second.

I am from neither state, but given a choice, I'd cruise out of Texas before cruising out of NY.

OMG MrPete.... LOL. I gotta grab that picture...

Common... Leave us Staten Islanders out of it... Most Staten Islanders are from Brooklyn anyway. Most "Native" Staten Islanders are too busy down at the Jersey Shore doing the Guido Fist Pump at Jenkinsen's Pier...

Common... Leave us Staten Islanders out of it... Most Staten Islanders are from Brooklyn anyway. Most "Native" Staten Islanders are too busy down at the Jersey Shore doing the Guido Fist Pump at Jenkinsen's Pier...

And you all end up moving to Brick or Howell in the end anyway.

If you are tired of reading bad reviews, Don't read them. People have a right to share their perceptions of their cruise as they see it. I too am looking forward to cruising on the Dream, some time next year after they get all the new product teething pains worked out.

i am not reading the 100 other post at this time, but will stop and comment right now. you are correct darn it a person has a right to be negative if they want. granted some people may over do it, but if i want to complain it is my hard earned money that paid for the flop.

i must say i am getting ready in a few days to go on #9 and i can truefully say nothing major just little crap. one cruise we did burn up in our room and they did NOTHING. well after complaining constantly they did bring security with them one night. we stayed in the room VERY little the whole cruise. it was march, window room, empress deck and to hot to even sleep. now some would say "oh you still had a week of not cooking, cleaning, being waited on,etc etc" bottom line i paid the same as the people that did not burn up, and i did not sign up to burn up.

if all the decent complains go by the way side, before you know it they will have the bar so low. cruising use to be a classy vacation, now if you can dress like a slop and get plastered everyday that suites alot of people just fine... and they call that good vacation. hey some like walmart, and some like dillards.

ok, i have said my view. my whole point is i have a standard and i will pay for it, but don't expect me to pay and get less.

y'all :D know my take on the NYC cruises.......I think we should stop booking them for awhile until they bring the prices in line with Florida cruises. There is a supply and demand thing going on down there as well. We should just lower our demand for Carnival cruises and then when the ships are only half full they will have to deep discount and give us locals a deal just like the Floridians, and others get. And if they pull out...we either go to a different line, fly somewhere or just save the bucks! simple solution.:D

Archived