Can you bring favorite brand sodas on board?

SwissMyst

YES!!! You can bring all the sodas and water you want!! No need to declare it as medicinal, though that is what hubby thinkls his Mountain Dew is.:D

Joanie

Yes Mt Dew is medicinal for the prevention of withdrawal. I can also testify that it probably prevented me from smacking a couple of morning people when traveling!

ETA I didn't notice the OP date.

Edited by Mytime2014

We have heard rumors (rumours for you Brits) that HAL will soon start imposing a $25 per bottle (for 1.5 L and 2 L) corkage fee (guess they will call it a cap fee) for every bottle of soda brought onboard. Bottles of water will have a bargain $10 per bottle (regardless of size) "Agua Fee." Those that bring aboard their own tea bags will have to pay a "bag gage Fee" of $2 per tea bag. Stay tuned for further announcements regarding coffee.

Hank

P.S. We know most will view this post as being a joke. But is it?

Edited by Hlitner

We have heard rumors (rumours for you Brits) that HAL will soon start imposing a $25 per bottle (for 1.5 L and 2 L) corkage fee (guess they will call it a cap fee) for every bottle of soda brought onboard. Bottles of water will have a bargain $10 per bottle (regardless of size) "Agua Fee." Those that bring aboard their own tea bags will have to pay a "bag gage Fee" of $2 per tea bag. Stay tuned for further announcements regarding coffee.

Hank

P.S. We know most will view this post as being a joke. But is it?

oh noes.....now there will be rum runners AND dew drums! or coke crates to sneak on board

oh noes.....now there will be rum runners AND dew drums! or coke crates to sneak on board

Perhaps we could sneak a 2 liter bottle of Diet Pepsi aboard by disguising it as a Beagle Service Dog :D

Have you ever gone on to Amazon and done a search for "cruise alcohol"? It's kind of eye opening.

Have you ever gone on to Amazon and done a search for "cruise alcohol"? It's kind of eye opening.

POA this is amazing. I cant stop looking. Thanks for the beverage thread earlier too. You made my day with your humor. Just returned from the NA and did a little research of my own, sailing the noordam in may and not getting the SBC this time. :)

POA this is amazing. I cant stop looking. Thanks for the beverage thread earlier too. You made my day with your humor. Just returned from the NA and did a little research of my own, sailing the noordam in may and not getting the SBC this time. :)

You're welcome.

If you want to really lose time, read the reviews on Tuscan Whole Milk. Make sure you scroll down and read the reviews of the related products listed under "Customers who viewed this product also viewed."

Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz by Tuscan

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00032G1S0/

• 6 months later...
Yes.. No restrictions on soda pop, water, or other non-alcoholic beverages.

Where did you find this old thread?? It's all dusty and covered with cobwebs. :)

We're getting ready to sail ms Westerdam the end of November. I appreciate your update on soft drinks and wine being brought on board. But one big question that I see on other posts... can it be in your checked bags or does it have to go in a carry on? Since we just live across the state from Port Everglades I don't have to worry about my soft drinks in checked bags, but it is a LOT easier to have the porter schlep it on board than me lugging it and having to deal with the carry on.

We're getting ready to sail ms Westerdam the end of November. I appreciate your update on soft drinks and wine being brought on board. But one big question that I see on other posts... can it be in your checked bags or does it have to go in a carry on? Since we just live across the state from Port Everglades I don't have to worry about my soft drinks in checked bags, but it is a LOT easier to have the porter schlep it on board than me lugging it and having to deal with the carry on.

I don't believe the curbside porters are allowed on HAL ships. They will schlep your soda to the luggage cages ... where it will be piled into the crates with the luggage.

I love it when someone says they generously tip the porters to ensure their liquid beverages arrive safely in their room.

Wine, champagne, soda, and water are allowed to be brought on board on every cruise. The port does not matter. It can be embarkation or a port stop.

Chug-a-lug!

I read on another thread that you are only allowed to bring onboard 1 bottle of wine each and as much soda as you like, so who is right? I am getting so confused!!!!! Marlster

I read on another thread that you are only allowed to bring onboard 1 bottle of wine each and as much soda as you like, so who is right? I am getting so confused!!!!! Marlster

HAL changed the policy earlier this year. You are now only able to bring on one (750ml max) bottle of wine per person (including wine brought on board in ports of call). After you have reached the limit, you will be charged an $18 corkage fee per bottle regardless of where it is consumed.

This thread originally began in 2010, when passengers could bring on as much wine as they liked. The policy has since changed.

You can bring aboard as much wine as you can carry. You pay corkage on every bottle after the first 750ml bottle per adult (which must be brought on at embarkation).

• 2 years later...

[qu

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]ote=fann1sh;22283678]Yes, you can bring your own soda aboard. You don't have to claim it's medicinal :). I'm a Pepsi drinker, and usually pick some up in port(s) as HAL only serves Coke products.

You mentioned restrictions on "wine, etc.". Actually, there are no restrictions on bringing aboard wine (including champagne and fortified wines like sherry). You may bring unlimited amounts. You may enjoy the wine in your cabin, or if you take it to the MDR, the wine steward is supposed to charge you corkage of $18 per bottle. I've never been charged, however.

This is not true. U can only bring one bottle of wine pp

(Joanie beat me to the post! Sorry for the duplicate!)

U can only bring 1 bottle of wine pp
This thread that you resurrected and the post you quoted are 7 and a half years old ... and you can bring as much wine as you like as long as you are willing to pay corkage on it. Edited by jtl513