buffet question

1girln3boys

I will be going on my first cruise on New Years Eve. My husband is taking me for our 15th anniversary. I have a question about the breakfast buffet. I heard that the menu for breakfast room service isn't that great so I was wondering if it's ok to make a plate from the buffet and then take it to your room?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can do that-

Here is the room service menu- you cant get bacon and eggs but can get a pot of coffee to have while getting ready for breakfast

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Room_Service_Menu

eating breakfast in the dining room also is a completly different experince.

breakfast menu can be found here--

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=6843849&postcount=26

I usually only get food from room service for breakfast on port days or if I want a snack while I'm getting ready for late seating dinner. I'll get a bagel or cereal just to save time when we have an early port stop with a shore excursion. Otherwise, I'll order some tea from room service for while I'm getting ready and then go up to the buffet. You could definitely go up and bring back a plate, but it's easier for me to get ready first and then just head out for the day. You'll find the routine that works for you.

I also think that you can order a BLT for breakfast, but I've never done it.

Oh yes!! Have room service bring you coffee. It comes in a container that keeps it hot. Remember to ask for sugar and creamer. One thing my DW and I do is, she goes through the line to get the bacon, potatoes, grits, toast, etc... and I'll get in the omlette line to get 2 for us. You can also get made to order eggs there as well. And get silverware too!!!

They aslo serve breakfast in one of the dining rooms. It's usually pretty good. The fruit portions are a little small though, so you might want to order 2 if you like a lot of fruit. There are breakfast entrees that you can't get at the buffet on the menu.

And above all remember to have the time of your life. You don't know any of these people (yet) :)

Thank you everyone. At least one morning I want to eat breakfast on our balcony and enjoy the view. I'm not a big breakfast person but it's my husband's favorite meal :). He loves a good breakfast so I'm sure most days we will eat in the dinning room.

Thank you everyone. At least one morning I want to eat breakfast on our balcony and enjoy the view. I'm not a big breakfast person but it's my husband's favorite meal :). He loves a good breakfast so I'm sure most days we will eat in the dinning room.

We also love to eat on the balcony but dont want to miss the dining room breakfast. We will order tea/coffee and 2 fruit plates and 2 yogurt to eat on the balcony then get ready for the day and have a nice breakfast in the dining room or if we arent in time then we head up to the lido. Also a great time to dine on the balcony is around 3 we order some room service usually a sandwich and fruitplate to share and sit out there and watch the world go by, not a care in the world. Usually hubby starts snoring and i get out my book for a quiet relaxing afternoon.

We also love to eat on the balcony but dont want to miss the dining room breakfast. We will order tea/coffee and 2 fruit plates and 2 yogurt to eat on the balcony then get ready for the day and have a nice breakfast in the dining room or if we arent in time then we head up to the lido. Also a great time to dine on the balcony is around 3 we order some room service usually a sandwich and fruitplate to share and sit out there and watch the world go by, not a care in the world. Usually hubby starts snoring and i get out my book for a quiet relaxing afternoon.

What a great idea. We can get a light breakfast while we enjoy our morning coffee. Then get ready and head to either the buffet or dinning room for breakfast. Thanks for the advise.

we did this on our cruise and it was such a great experience just sitting on our balcony watching the sun come up eating breakfast- just the 2 of us

You can take food from the buffet at anytime to anywhere you want (EXCEPT off the ship). You've already paid for the food and you can eat wherever you like.

It's not like land based restaurants/hotels, where taking food away from a buffet is usually a no-no, because you could be taking food to someone who didn't pay for it.

Just for your information- the table on the balcony is the small square parsons table type.

There is a very small table in the cabin that you can carry out- (its heavy though)

2578857670096084054PcNqcZ_th.jpg

Breakfast from room service is what we do. The smoked salmon is very good. We usually get two orders of that, pot of coffee and assorted pastries. I have found the croissants to be really tasty and flaky. Delicious. And they have little danishes as well.

We head to Inspiration within the hour. Lunch on Lido by 2PM (if the cruise gods are with us).

oh and if you do order room service, you need to specify exactly what you want... if you have a bagel and want butter and cream cheese you have to specify if, if you have cereal and want milk it is usually the small container you can get at stores (250 ml here) one will do for one bowl the cereal is the small packs. if you want salt and pepper you gotta put that down too. LOL if you dont ask, you dont get.

Ahhhh i can almost feel the morning sun on my face and the breeze blowing while we enjoy our balcony ALMOST it is -19 here and windy as all you know what!!! 59 days cant come soon enough!!!

Hi MaxCircus,

We are also going to the Inspiration today. Finally got everything packed and in the car. Now I'm just waiting for my DH to get ready so we can go. We'll be wearing white shorts and dark blue Carnival Splendor t-shirts. Say Hi if you see us - George and Linda

Sure you can. Not just at breakfast, but any time. My husband usually wanders up to the buffet and brings back a "snack" and coffee, while we're preparing to go to a sit-down breakfast.

That would be me, too, since DW likes to sleep in.

There is NOTHING NICER than coffee and pastry on the balcony to start a day -- last cruise our suite was closest to the staircase and one deck below the Lido, and SO CONVENIENT FOR FOOD -- and it was NOT noisy either in terms of lobby/elevator sounds or kitchen sounds from above!

I am really surprised that someone hasn't jumped in and said something

about people ordering room service(pre-breakfast) before breakfast.

Seems like somebody likes to say something about people eating too much on a cruise...

they are no fun:(

Archived