Norwegian Gem Crew & Passengers in Bus Accident

Scotty G

It can't be the star, at least not in Florida. The star should be halfway through its 2 week panama canal cruise that left 12/6.

The Gem has a port of call here later this month so could be her. Even the Orlando TV stations are saying it is the Star. Police are reporting that the car driver was killed and had been driving erratically.

The Gem did visit Port Canaveral today....first stop on the Florida/Bahamas run.

Since the incident was't under NCL's control or on their property...this might have been better off on the Port Canaveral board.

But, it was NCL personnel and passengers. So, my guess is that it was an NCL excursion so that would put it under NCL's control.

PE

The Gem did visit Port Canaveral today....first stop on the Florida/Bahamas run.

Since the incident was't under NCL's control or on their property...this might have been better off on the Port Canaveral board.

The fact that the local media got the ship name wrong messed up my intent to alert folks that may have loved ones on board that the death was not one of those from the ship. No other reason to post. Accidents occur everywhere. This was in a residential neighborhood with speed limits from 25 to 35 MPH. Is there a way to correct the Title I originally posted?

But' date=' it was NCL personnel and passengers. So, my guess is that it was an NCL excursion so that would put it under NCL's control.

PE

[/color']

All I said was "might" PE. Just "might". You can take your finger off of the hair trigger now. :eek:

If every little thing that happens off of a ship belongs on the Cruise Line board instead of the Port board, then we MIGHT not need the Port boards any longer.

All I said was "might" PE. Just "might". You can take your finger off of the hair trigger now. :eek:

What "hair trigger"?? I was just pointing out that if there were NCL personnel and passengers involved that it was probably an official NCL excursion which puts under the guise of NCL. :confused::confused:

I am sure if the mods believe that this belongs on the port board they will move it.

PE

The original report did say the Star. Its almost an axiom that the first report from the scene is wrong. Immediate reporting has no time to check. They just publish the flash, right wrong or indifferent. But why say anything about the OP. He/she accurately repeated what was reported by a "reputable" source. The PD may have said the Star its one of those things that happens and worries people needlessly. But that is the way it is.

BTW to the original poster you can ask the moderators to change the thread headline by clicking on the triangle with a ! in it.

I took a couple of minutes to read the comments at the newstory website. If you think there are complainers on the Cruise critic site I have been finding that comments on many news websites are much worse. They complain about Obama care, they complain about the bus being on the street, they complain about different articles reporting that the Bus ran into the car or the car ran into the bus as if that means who caused the accident. They complain that someone may sue(that ambulance chasers will be after those who were hurt).... but don't touch their Medicare(government run health insurance btw). its also interesting that one article says that the car drivers medical condition might have contributed to the accident(then why was he driving at all)

BTW there is a movie of the accident scene at the original website now.

Its no wonder that I hate Florida...

and the thread headline has been changed

I took a couple of minutes to read the comments at the newstory website. If you think there are complainers on the Cruise critic site I have been finding that comments on many news websites are much worse. They complain about Obama care, they complain about the bus being on the street, they complain about different articles reporting that the Bus ran into the car or the car ran into the bus as if that means who caused the accident. They complain that someone may sue(that ambulance chasers will be after those who were hurt).... but don't touch their Medicare(government run health insurance btw). its also interesting that one article says that the car drivers medical condition might have contributed to the accident(then why was he driving at all)

BTW there is a movie of the accident scene at the original website now.

Its no wonder that I hate Florida...

and the thread headline has been changed

I often wonder what former FCC chairman Newton Minow thinks about the Internet. Having labelled television a "vast wasteland" in his famous 1961 speech, would he call the Internet something like a "bottomless cesspool"?

Presuming this is an NCL excusion and so the ship waits for the passengers - in a case like this I'm sure it wouldn't be possible if it was the return journey, as the Police would be involved and would treat the passengers as witnesses, plus some may have been injured.

Would NCL transport them to the next Port of Call ?

Presuming this is an NCL excusion and so the ship waits for the passengers - in a case like this I'm sure it wouldn't be possible if it was the return journey, as the Police would be involved and would treat the passengers as witnesses, plus some may have been injured.

Would NCL transport them to the next Port of Call ?

If the article I read was anywhere close to being accurate, it seems that it was not a tour, but a shuttle. The crew members do not usually take tours, but in some ports, the malls or shopping areas sometimes furnish a shuttle from the port to their business for crew and passengers.

The article said most of those on the bus were Philippine nationals.

I often wonder what former FCC chairman Newton Minow thinks about the Internet. Having labelled television a "vast wasteland" in his famous 1961 speech, would he call the Internet something like a "bottomless cesspool"?[/quote]

The edge of the Abyss ;)

It was probably a ship's shuttle with crew members, not passengers. They have these at many home ports to a mall, Walmart or something similar for the crew to get some personal shopping or banking done. The crew store on board can only carry a few basic items.

For instance last Sunday DS took the one to Walmart, didn't find what he needed so he took the shuttle back to the port and caught the other shuttle to the mall and Best Buy. Unfortunately they didn't have a shuttle to the nearest Bank of America - 41 miles away!

It sounds as if the driver of the car may have had a medical issue or something unforeseen. Our sincere condolences to his family.

Hopefully no-one on the bus was too seriously hurt and they were able to get back to the ship.

Archived