ASAP: found diamond ring in our safe... best way to get it to the owner??

urquie

i recall a post about people not getting back items they left on a ship... even when they reported it right away. who is the best person to turn the ring over to? will they give us a receipt? i want to make sure the owner gets the ring back and that it doesn't end up in limbo.

if it makes a difference, we are in a suite. maybe we should talk to the concierge?

i recall a post about people not getting back items they left on a ship... even when they reported it right away. who is the best person to turn the ring over to? will they give us a receipt? i want to make sure the owner gets the ring back and that it doesn't end up in limbo.

if it makes a difference, we are in a suite. maybe we should talk to the concierge?

Were you on the Star? I know it's a huge long shot after 3 mos... but... if so please email me and I will send you a pic of one I lost on the Star.

Were you on the Star? I know it's a huge long shot after 3 mos... but... if so please email me and I will send you a pic of one I lost on the Star.

Wow.. not to try to build up any false hope because I would hate to do that, but it would be neat if that were the same ring.

Wow.. not to try to build up any false hope because I would hate to do that, but it would be neat if that were the same ring.

Well it really would have been great but since no emails have shown up I guess this was a no. I really had no expectations or even little hope but thought it was worth a shot. This was my 20th anniversary ring that was lost on my 1 nighter on the Star. I was crushed but my sweet dh had it replaced even though money is really tight and offered to sell his electric guitar he's had since he was a kid.

By the way... haven't seen an update on your review lately (hint, hint). I started reading this before I left for Boston around Thanksgiving and a wedding so I had to check it (almost) nightly after sightseeing. I really enjoyed reading it because you went to some of the places we are heading to in Jan. and wanted to get your insights.

My husband found a diamond ring in the safe when we were on the Infinity. He turned it in and they told him it was one of the cubics they sell on the ship on sale day for $15. When you take all your items out of the safe pick up the little mat and run your fingers along the bottom lip of the safe to make sure you have everything. After finding that ring I put my jewelry in the little jewelry carrier and don't throw anything in the safe unless it's in the container.

no news yet... will update as soon as there is. fingers crossed for good news!

Hmm....since so far you've heard nothing...perhaps it would be best to turn it into NCL and let them handle it. Those people may have contacted NCL and are disappointed at this point that no one has turned the ring in. Just a thought.

I don't understand this post. If you're on a ship, haven't you turned it in to Guest Services?

That is what I am wondering. Guest services is the place to handle this...perhaps they feel if it's gonna get lost in the shuffle it's better lost in their pocket then NCL's....so that might explain the delay in handing it over to NCL.

It sounds really fishy you're not turning it into Guest Services. What happens when guests realize they lost a item, they contact customer relations and they forward the request to the ship. You keeping the ring and trying to get it to the owner just isn't going to work! Let the people do their job..

JAMES!!! YOUR THE MAN!!! WONDERFUL TWITTER UPDATES!!

now back to the reguarly shcedualed post.....my mom lost her ring on the OCT dawn that returned on the 18th of 2009 and she called NCL and if the cabin stewart or next WONDERFUL AND HONEST!!!!! guest wouldnt of turned it in this ring would indeed be lost and i must say this absoulty touched my familys hearts and it indeed tickled my funny bone when i heard the great news(hearing my mom had her ring back on her finger)

so good luck to the orig poster and best of luck

GOD BLESS!!!!!!!:D

• 4 weeks later...

the ring has been reunited with it's owner. :)

interestingly, the ring was a replacement for one that had been lost/stolen the previous year. she was so pleased to learn that this one was not stolen from her safe, as she believed. so... happy outcome for her and very significant resolution for anyone who had serviced her room!

How wonderful! Stories like this help restore our faith in believing there are still folks out there willing to do the CORRECT and MORAL thing in a situation like this!!! HURRAY!!! You are heroes,urquie!!! :)

Personally, I would not turn it in to Guest Relations because I have heard too many stories of things that were turned in that did not get back to their owners on Cruise Critic. One person said picked up a camera that was left on a tour bus but couldn't catch up with the owner so she turned it in to GR.. Later saw the person that had left it, told her that it had been turned in and she had a receipt for it. When the owner went to GR to claim it they bought out a bunch of cheap cameras, none were hers. When she retrieved the receipt from the finder and returned to GR, all of the sudden they found the camera. Another said they lost a water wallet with their Sea Pass and money in it on Labadee. Turned it in at GR. Owner went to GR, got the water wallet back minus money. It had been turned in with money in it. Several more stories about wallets turned in and claimed minus money.

What I would do is go to GR and tell them I found a piece of jewelry in the safe and ask them to inquire if someone had asked about it through the cruise line home office or if they could contact the previous occupant of the cabin and give them my e-mail address or cell phone number to call me with a description of it.

While I don't want the bounty from "losers weepers, finders keepers" I don't think someone else should get it.

Tucker in Texas

Archived