Generousa on the Ruby?

vickie_bernie

I'm thrilled to have this confirmed. We booked our February 2010 cruise on the Ruby almost the moment we got home from our first cruise on the Ruby last December, and booked February specifically because he and a few other spectacular staff and crew on the Ruby were all expecting to be back by February. I'm so looking forward to seeing him again. He is absolutely fantastic!

Can anyone confirm wether Generosa the Matre d'hotel is on the Ruby?

Also do they know who the Cruise director and passenger Services Director is?

vickie

Hi, Vickie!

I've "met" you on the 1/19/10 roll call for the Ruby and am looking forward to meeting you in January. My husband and I will also be there. But I'm answering this question because I just returned from a 3-day on the Ruby (12/14 to 12/17). The Cruise Director is Lisa Ball, and her assistant is Martin. Not sure who the Passenger Services Director is.

This short cruise was a TOTAL surprise I pulled for my husband Bill who turned 50 the day before. He knew NOTHING about the cruise until we were in the cab on the way from the airport to the ship! I'd managed to keep the whole thing secret leading up to it, and then woke him at 4:00 AM Monday morning and told him to get up and get ready, because we were celebrating today! A limo met us at our house at 4:30 to take us to the airport. I'd printed the boarding passes ahead of time, and I held on to them so he didn't even find out our destination until we were at the gate! When we landed, we were walking through the airport and past a window, through which we could see the Ruby! Since Bill was assuming by tht time that we were going to be driving down to the Keys for several days, he suspected nothing, so when he saw the Ruby through the window, he said, "Look, hon, we'll be back in 5 weeks, getting on THAT!" And I'm thinking to myself, "Actually, we're getting on it in an HOUR!!!" It wasn't until we were in the cab that I said, "do you want to have lunch with me in Horizon Court?" He was STUNNED, THRILLED, and totally SURPRISED! I don't know who had more fun: him being surprised or me watching his surprise!

Have you ever sailed with Lisa Ball as the Cruise Director or assistant? She's okay, but I have to honestly say that EVERY other CD I've cruised with has had a lot more energy, creativity, and charm. I'm hoping it was only because it was such a short cruise, but honestly, I'm really hoping it will be someone else in January.

I haven't been too active on our roll call because I was focused on the December cruise, but I'll be catching up over there, so I'm sure I'll "see" you more on that roll call!

Hi, Vickie!

I've "met" you on the 1/19/10 roll call for the Ruby and am looking forward to meeting you in January. My husband and I will also be there. But I'm answering this question because I just returned from a 3-day on the Ruby (12/14 to 12/17). The Cruise Director is Lisa Ball, and her assistant is Martin. Not sure who the Passenger Services Director is.

This short cruise was a TOTAL surprise I pulled for my husband Bill who turned 50 the day before. He knew NOTHING about the cruise until we were in the cab on the way from the airport to the ship! I'd managed to keep the whole thing secret leading up to it, and then woke him at 4:00 AM Monday morning and told him to get up and get ready, because we were celebrating today! A limo met us at our house at 4:30 to take us to the airport. I'd printed the boarding passes ahead of time, and I held on to them so he didn't even find out our destination until we were at the gate! When we landed, we were walking through the airport and past a window, through which we could see the Ruby! Since Bill was assuming by tht time that we were going to be driving down to the Keys for several days, he suspected nothing, so when he saw the Ruby through the window, he said, "Look, hon, we'll be back in 5 weeks, getting on THAT!" And I'm thinking to myself, "Actually, we're getting on it in an HOUR!!!" It wasn't until we were in the cab that I said, "do you want to have lunch with me in Horizon Court?" He was STUNNED, THRILLED, and totally SURPRISED! I don't know who had more fun: him being surprised or me watching his surprise!

Have you ever sailed with Lisa Ball as the Cruise Director or assistant? She's okay, but I have to honestly say that EVERY other CD I've cruised with has had a lot more energy, creativity, and charm. I'm hoping it was only because it was such a short cruise, but honestly, I'm really hoping it will be someone else in January.

I haven't been too active on our roll call because I was focused on the December cruise, but I'll be catching up over there, so I'm sure I'll "see" you more on that roll call!

Wow Jenny what a surprise, hey give my hubby a hint about the surprise when you meet him in Jan. I would love it if he would do something like that for me! But it is pretty hard for him to hide much from me... I am kind of controlling, okay I can admit it.

Thanks for the tip on Lisa, actually I think I have sailed with her. But she was an assistant Cruise Director when i saw her. Trying to remember what ship that was, but I am drawing a blank. If it is who I think it is I found her to be a little OVER the top.

thanks

Wow Jenny what a surprise, hey give my hubby a hint about the surprise when you meet him in Jan. I would love it if he would do something like that for me! But it is pretty hard for him to hide much from me... I am kind of controlling, okay I can admit it.

Thanks for the tip on Lisa, actually I think I have sailed with her. But she was an assistant Cruise Director when i saw her. Trying to remember what ship that was, but I am drawing a blank. If it is who I think it is I found her to be a little OVER the top.

thanks

Vickie, I'll be happy to give all the details to Bernie. Do you realize it would mean he'd have to pack for you:eek:? As much as I'd love that kind of surprise myself, there's NO WAY Bill would know everything I'd need to have, so I'd probably just be stressed out by it. If you're as much of a control freak as I am, you can probably understand...:)

Lisa has a very pronounced English accent, and I think she is a little over the top. She was the Assistant CD when we cruised on Ruby's Inaugural cruise last November.

I hope this doesn't sound like a criticism of her - it's actually more of a criticism for Princess - but I wish they would dress her better. Her clothes did not fit her well at all, and I would think that if necessary, they'd have them tailored for her. And on the second day she wore the same top she had worn on the first night. I thought I was being picky until my husband pointed it out to me! Trust me, that was significant! And she was wearing that shirt (purple satin), gray pants that DRAGGED on the ground because they were easily 2 1/2 inches too long, and silver sparkly shoes! It just wasn't professional, nautical, neat, or a good impression of the Princess cruise line. All in all, I was not impressed by this cruise's CD, and I realized from this just how important a good CD is and how he or she can really set the tone for the whole cruise.

Anyway, I'm hoping for someone new in four weeks. What do you think our chances are of that? hmmm......

Hi Jenny (and Vickie)

I would LOVE a surprise like that! I am also somewhat of a control freak but I think I would be happy to live with whatever he packed for a 3 day cruise.

Vickie as far as cruise director (who I guess will be Lisa) and PSD - don't we get an email from them before the cruise?

I hope that whoever posted Generoso will be back the 19th is correct but I also remember reading it wouldn't be till the 29th and thinking "Oh well....... :("

Hi Jenny (and Vickie)

I would LOVE a surprise like that! I am also somewhat of a control freak but I think I would be happy to live with whatever he packed for a 3 day cruise.

Vickie as far as cruise director (who I guess will be Lisa) and PSD - don't we get an email from them before the cruise?

I hope that whoever posted Generoso will be back the 19th is correct but I also remember reading it wouldn't be till the 29th and thinking "Oh well....... :("

Karen, hopefully people on this thread are correct and Generoso will be back on the 19th.

Also you can email Princess to find out who the staff will be, they don't normally send it out automatically.

I knew I had seen this. Took me a half hour of searching but I found it!

Here’s an overview of the four Princess Pre-Cruise Emails (click to view each email):

1. EMAIL #1 (deploys at time of deposit): A welcome message from Princess Cruises CEO Alan Buckelew introduces the first email, which includes interactive content such as the bridge cam and videos of the ship the passengers will be sailing on as well as frequently asked questions about travel logistics.

2. EMAIL #2 (deploys two weeks prior to final payment): A special message from the ship’s captain leads the second email in the series. The email includes entertaining and informative videos about the destination and their ship’s features, as well as important notices and reminders.

3. EMAIL #3 (deploys 45 days prior to sailing): The ship’s Passenger Services Director and Maitre d’ introduce the third email, which includes engaging, interactive information about the Princess dining experience, specialty restaurants and signature amenities onboard their ship. Topics include packing suggestions, the number of formal nights and onboard services such as laundry or currency exchange services.

4. EMAIL #4 (deploys 15 days prior to sailing): The ship’s Cruise Director and Captain’s Circle Host provide information about the entertainment programs scheduled for their upcoming cruise as well as personalized information regarding the passenger’s Captain’s Circle benefits. Other topics include travel logistics such as boarding pass instructions, an embarkation day checklist and directions to the pier.

We sail in 30 days - should have all received this!

I'm thrilled to have this confirmed. We booked our February 2010 cruise on the Ruby almost the moment we got home from our first cruise on the Ruby last December, and booked February specifically because he and a few other spectacular staff and crew on the Ruby were all expecting to be back by February. I'm so looking forward to seeing him again. He is absolutely fantastic!

I just hope that regular people who don't have a hook up with him will have a chance to participate in things like the "Chef's" table. In October there were numerous people, including me, who wern't able to because nearly all the spots were pre assigned to "friends of Generoso."

Bob

Archived